PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking a 2250 Dark Elf list

jax40kplyr1
22-08-2009, 01:37
Well here is what I'm looking at for my 2250 DE list -

1. Dreadlord on Cold One, Crimson Death, Pendant, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak
2. Master on Cold One, Whip of Agony, Miscast Ring, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, BSB
3. Lvl 1 Sorceress with 2 dispel scrolls
4. 3 Units of 10 Repeater Crossbowmen
5. 2 Units of 10 Shades with Great Weapons
6. 1 Cold One Chariot
7. 2 Hydras
8. 2 Assassins with Extra Hand Weapons, Manbane and Rending Stars
9. 1 Unit of 5 Cold One Knights with full command, Always strikes first banner, null talisman on the champ

The list I used to run was very similiar, with both characters on chariots, as well as no cold one knights and 1 extra regular chariot. The problem I was running into was that with only a 7 inch movement until they charge, the chariots were running way too slow. In addition, having the very unkillable lord on a chariot made him almost useless against big nasties like bloodthirsters as they would just attack the chariot and pick up easy combat resolution.
Comments?

jax40kplyr1
24-08-2009, 15:37
Well after working on the numbers some, think it's going to look more like this:

1. Dreadlord on Cold One, Crimson Death, Pendant, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak
2. Master on Cold One, Lance, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, BSB, Hydra Banner
3. Lvl 1 Sorceress with 2 dispel scrolls
4. 3 Units of 10 Repeater Crossbowmen
5. 2 Units of 10 Shades with Great Weapons
6. 1 Cold One Chariot
7. 2 Hydras
8. 2 Assassins with Extra Hand Weapons, Manbane and Rending Stars
9. 1 Unit of 6 Cold One Knights with full command, Ring of Hotek on the champ

Throwing the general and BSB in with the unit of Cold One knights (run them either 6 or 7 wide) - should be looking at 20 Str6 attacks and 14 Str4 attacks, all with hatred. The ring should help out the inevitable lore of metal, as well as the dispell scrolls helping out to get them to the enemy line. Even a gunline army will have to decide whether or not to shoot the knights, hydras, chariot or the scouting shades. Should be a good combo - thoughts?

jax40kplyr1
27-08-2009, 05:16
Wow all these people viewing and not a single comment? Must be an incredible list. . . .

DaRKeSTBLaDe
27-08-2009, 07:28
Nah, Warseer's just full of lurkers.