PDA

View Full Version : Look out sir? Query

Death Korp
22-08-2009, 10:38
Hello all,

I had another game last night, and this came up. A Rock Lobba targetted my Khornate Knights with a Jugger Lord. it scattered and landed on his head. Will he still get a 'look out sir' roll if it lands directly on him?

Cheers

DK

Necromancy Black
22-08-2009, 10:42
As long as there are 5 other models in the unit that are not characters or unit champions, then he can get his Look Out Sir!

jaxom
22-08-2009, 10:47
Jugger hit the important point... Many people run that unit as 5 knights (total) one of which is a champion. That's 4 R&F, 1 champ and 1 char. This does not allow "look-out, sir". If there is no champion or you bumped it to 6 so that you have 5 R&F models in addition to the champ and char then you are fine.

Edit: Sorry, credit where credit is due (I musta been tired last night). I meant Necromancy hit it....

Death Korp
22-08-2009, 12:53
@jaxom: But knights are US 2 each aren't they? With the Jugger Lord, they are US 12 in the unit, so I think he'll still get it.

Cheers,

DK

puppetmaster24
22-08-2009, 12:59
it has to be 5 models not a total of unit strength 5.

Condottiere
22-08-2009, 14:21
It's the number of models, not the unit strength. Consider it as the number of possible targets available in the pool.

Pixeleye
30-08-2009, 15:29
Jugger hit the important point... Many people run that unit as 5 knights (total) one of which is a champion. That's 4 R&F, 1 champ and 1 char. This does not allow "look-out, sir". If there is no champion or you bumped it to 6 so that you have 5 R&F models in addition to the champ and char then you are fine.

Edit: Sorry, credit where credit is due (I musta been tired last night). I meant Necromancy hit it....

Champions are part of the unit and are rank and file, unless I missed something in the rulebook about it. (and if I did please tell me where to look)

tarrasque
30-08-2009, 15:37
Champions are part of the unit and are rank and file, unless I missed something in the rulebook about it. (and if I did please tell me where to look)

page 81
champ are treated as cahrs when their unit is hit by ranged attacks.

Necromancy Black
31-08-2009, 00:20
page 81
champ are treated as cahrs when their unit is hit by ranged attacks.

Also page 74, Characters Inside a Unit. The first sentences says that rank-and-file are non-characters. Since page 81 says that unit champions count as characters for shooting purposes, they are no longer non-characters.

BattleofLund
31-08-2009, 01:13
*alternative one: I take a bullet for him, he lives and I die*

*alternative two: he takes a bullet, he dies and I get a promotion*

*whatever shall I do, tough call, etcetera - hello officers' club, here I come*

Necromancy Black
31-08-2009, 01:37
*alternative one: I take a bullet for him, he lives and I die*

*alternative two: he takes a bullet, he dies and I get a promotion*

*whatever shall I do, tough call, etcetera - hello officers' club, here I come*

More like:

"I can't make out who's who in that unit. Should I jus...oh hey, I think that one is their champion."

"....shoot the guy next to him."