PDA

View Full Version : Two quick questions ( Kb + shooting in combat )

Zee
22-08-2009, 14:18
Hi there, I had two rules issues come up recently that I'm a little unsure on, so here goes!

This scenario came up yesterday, my vargulf had flank charged some knights, in the same turn I killed one knight with a banshee scream. My opponent removes the knight in base to base with my vargulf and now says that the vargulf is no longer in combat because he's no longer in base to base.

This seems a bit dodgy I didn't question it at the time because I was winning anyway but I'm still unsure if this is correct.

Is it possible to killing blow Ogres?

Rulebook says only us 2 or less creatures can be killed, I'm guessing Ogres are us 3 (?) mabe so can't be

T10
22-08-2009, 14:46
1. If you have charged your unit into an enemy flank or rear, then you simply move the unit forward as the enemy unit suffers casualties that reduce its depth (in case of rear attacks) or width (in case of flank attacks). See diagram 36.2, p. 36 and Redress the Ranks p.46.

While this may seem to be specific to close combat, this is the really the best way to deal with reorganizing the units involved in the combat regardless of the cause of the casualties. Neither the shooting or magic section deal with this kind of situation.

2. Ogres are US 3, and as such they are not US 1 or 2. Any exceptions to the US requirement for the Killing Blow special rule will be noted where applicable.

-T10

Necromancy Black
22-08-2009, 15:31
2. Ogres are US 3, and as such they are not US 1 or 2. Any exceptions to the US requirement for the Killing Blow special rule will be noted where applicable.

-T10

With killing blow, take note that the rules say US2 or less. The difference being that warmachines, which were confirmed in an FAQ to have US0, can be killing blowed.