PDA

View Full Version : WoC Nurgle

little-kharn
22-08-2009, 15:51
Been strugling to write a list and this is the best i've come up with but here it is

Sorcerer Lord, level 4, MoT, DoT, Spell Familiar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Skinhidden Plate, Conjoined Homunculus=430
Sorcerer, level 2, MoN, 2 Dispel Scrolls=190
Sorcerer, level 2, MoN, Infernal Puppet=175

2x17 Chaos Warriors,MoN,Shields,Full Command=332x2=664
5 Marauder Horsemen,MoSJavelinsMusician=86

18 Chosen,MoN,Shields,Full Command,Banner of Wrath,Sword of Might=487
10 PD
6 DD
2 Scrolls
2032 points so need help cutting of 32 points thanks

AndyGI
22-08-2009, 19:01
What Formation are you putting your warriors in?

I always find that point for point, its best to put them in units of 12, 2 x 6, or 11 if i'm fielding a character.

So maybe you can shuffle them round that way.

little-kharn
23-08-2009, 15:15
my warriors are 6*3 and apert from that is it a good list

danny-d-b
23-08-2009, 21:48
why not just use a sorcer lord of nurgle and stick with the theam rather than Tzeentch?

people think gate way is such a cool spell, but seriously, most people will just go 'scroll' if you get it off (which will be on 4 and homulus or 5 dice)

where as if you look at the nurgle law, there are a lot of destrutive spells, and you get more shots at burbus, seriously

I took my nurgle list in a local campain (everything was mark of nurgle spet the giant,the dragon ogers and the horsemen) and people where more scared of the 3 burbus I was casting every phase (plus other spells) rather than gate way which got scrolled so many times (9 out of the 10 times it got cast the entire torderment) and the once it did get off, 4 S3 hits= 1 dead dwarf longbeard

seriouly gate way is not woth the effot, change Tzeentch to nurgle and rock it!

Unuhexium
24-08-2009, 11:58
I'd say rearrange those 2x18 warriors into 3x12. Spread the threat to make it harder for the opponent to avoid combat with them. Furthermore all it takes is one lucky shot to negate almost all the point in having that last rank. Or you can keep them like they are now and just remove one warrior from each unit. You probably won't get bonus for two ranks anyway so you might aswell guarantee that you get bonus for one rank. That would save you the points you need to drop. Another way of saving those point is dropping Skinhidden plate and exchange it for an Enchanted Shield for a 1+ sv/3+ Wsv on the Sorc. lord.

I disagree with danny on the topic of mark for the Sorcerer lord. First of all I see a Sorc. lord of Nurgle as a bit of a liability since he can't really move around that much where as a Disc of Tzeentch can keep him out of harms way 9 times out of 10. Secondly Mark of Tzeentch turns the lord into a magic powerhouse. The high casting value of Infernal Gateway means that if you get it off, which is likely with four dice, Homonculus and +1 from MoT, the opponent HAS TO use a scroll. Noone in their right mind tries to dispell it with DD where as Buboes (is's spelled Buboes not Burbus) can be dispelled with a couple of DD and leave the scroll for something more threatening and noone carries enough scrolls to counter Gateway every turn.

It's true that Gateway is unreliable, but I consider it a fun part of the chaosfactor. I've had games where my Sorc. lord has killed half the opposing army and I've had games where he hasn't killed anyone with it. At the moment the first case is in majority.

GenerationTerrorist
24-08-2009, 12:30
I'd re-arrange the units/characters something like:

Lord, MoN, Palanquin, magic items and gifts as yours

2*13 Warriors, MoN, FC (Sorcerer in each unit)
Marauder Horsemen give them flails as well as throwing spears or axes.

12 Chosen, MoN, Great Weapons, Shields, Banner of Rage, Favour of the Gods (Sorcerer Lord here) to make it a "2*8" formation. This unit would butcher most things in combat.

dapredator66
24-08-2009, 18:20
Sorcerer Lord, level 4, MoT, DoT, Spell Familiar, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Skinhidden Plate, Conjoined Homunculus=430
Sorcerer, level 2, MoN, 2 Dispel Scrolls=190
Sorcerer, level 2, MoN, Infernal Puppet=175

2x17 Chaos Warriors,MoN,Shields,Full Command=332x2=664
5 Marauder Horsemen,MoSJavelinsMusician=86

18 Chosen,MoN,Shields,Full Command,Banner of Wrath,Sword of Might=487

I like your 2x17 Warriors setup. These type of units can take a lot of punishment and still kick ass in combat. Maybe that's just the type of people I play against but I've had poor experiences with 2x6 warriors setup.

As for the chosen, I don't think they are worth their point. You are paying an extra 3pts per head. Thats 54pts for a roll on the table. The least you want to do is use Favours of the Gods on the champion to change the results. If you had spare pts I would also propose a Warshrines...

That being said, if you want to cut some points, you could use a unit of 14 chosen and give the Lord a daemonic mount to occupy the place of 4 chosen. Better yet, if you switch him to MoN you could put the guy on a Palaquin. You save 46 pts that way (66 if you switch Sword of Might for FotG). If you use the Lord in a unit, drop the Golden Eye and Skinhidden Plate for an Enchanted Shield (and maybe Crown of Everlasting Conquest).

On a tactical level, your army will most likely be outnumbered and outmanoeuvre against any balanced list. I would remove one sorcerer and get a mounted BSB with the Banner of the Gods. This banner will be a godsend for your army (just keep everything tight and grind your opponent in combat). To compensate for the removal of the sorcerer you could use the Book of Secrets and Power Familiar (instead of DS and Spell Familiar).