PDA

View Full Version : ogre kingdoms questions

kyinpie
22-08-2009, 19:07
i have a few questions, if any one can help i'd be most greatfull.

the hunters harpoon, it says it fires like a bolt thrower, does it inflict D3 wounds? and also can the hunter pivot on the spot like a bolt thrower or does it fire only in its front arc? also can it move and shoot?

i believe the answer to all the above is 'no' but i just wanted to cheak.

also, can the hunter realise the sabre's any time, or just to charge/persure?

thanks in advance

ky

seraphius
22-08-2009, 21:14
D3 wounds- Yes
Pivot - Yes
Move and shoot- No

And yes you can realese the sabers at anytime.

narrativium
22-08-2009, 21:23
Pivot: only when you don't have sabretusks.

And no, the sabretusks are released only when they charge/pursue.

seraphius
22-08-2009, 21:48
Pivot: only when you don't have sabretusks.

And no, the sabretusks are released only when they charge/pursue.

Says what rule??

Got the ogre book and hunters page upp in front of me and nowhere does it say he can ONLY realease them to charge or pursue an enemy..

I might be far out though.. not played ogres for long and only used a hunter once.

narrativium
22-08-2009, 22:04
Says what rule??

Got the ogre book and hunters page upp in front of me and nowhere does it say he can ONLY realease them to charge or pursue an enemy..

Here's the Ogre Kingdoms FAQ, it answers this question.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m470847_Ogre_Kingdoms_FAQ_2008-02_Edition.pdf

Just looking at the book, though, it only mentions releasing sabretusks in relation to charging and pursuing, and on no other occasion; characters don't tend to be able to freely leave units bought as part of the character slot, so the Hunter rules only mention those occasions when he differs from the norm.

seraphius
22-08-2009, 22:14
Here's the Ogre Kingdoms FAQ, it answers this question.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m470847_Ogre_Kingdoms_FAQ_2008-02_Edition.pdf

Just looking at the book, though, it only mentions releasing sabretusks in relation to charging and pursuing, and on no other occasion; characters don't tend to be able to freely leave units bought as part of the character slot, so the Hunter rules only mention those occasions when he differs from the norm.

The faq got me:)

But again the book is a usual case of poor choice of words from GW imo.

While not stating that they can`t do it, it does not state that they can either, but i see the logic for sure, as they are uppgrades to a character.

So i will yeld to thee on mighty one:o

Da GoBBo
22-08-2009, 23:11
But again the book is a usual case of poor choice of words from GW imo.

I don't agree, it's more like wishfull thinking on your part. You normally can't perform all of this release buisness. Now there is a rule that says you CAN perform such a feat on the two mentioned occasions and suddenly that would mean you can do so in all other instances as well? Doesn't make sense ... though I can understand people would come to that conclusion :)

Ganymede
23-08-2009, 07:03
characters don't tend to be able to freely leave units bought as part of the character slot

Is there a single example of this anywhere in any of the armies in Warhammer?

narrativium
23-08-2009, 10:38
Orion has his wolves, the Fay Enchantress has a unit... I'm struggling to think of a non-special-character example at the minute.

Atrahasis
23-08-2009, 11:38
Cauldron of Blood is the obvious one.

Ganymede
23-08-2009, 13:50
That wasn't really my question. I'm asking about the units that establish the trend that you alluded to, not just the units that can be bought with characters.

Which units out there establish by general principle (and not by specific notation) that characters can not leave such units?

Nurgling Chieftain
23-08-2009, 19:56
Sabretooths, apparently. :evilgrin:

Sarah S
23-08-2009, 21:05
Liche Priests can freely leave their Caskets.

kyinpie
24-08-2009, 23:44
thank you all for the answers! :)