PDA

View Full Version : 2300 Chaoswarriors for tournament

mr.john_doe
22-08-2009, 19:20
Hello,

I tried to build a list for a tournament with 2300 Points. At first, I dont have Dragonogres because I don't like the look of them (at alot of older listquestions everytimes the people say "get dragonogres" so I want to say this at first).
The two Chaosspawns are in the list because I dont know what to take else. I dont know how good they are. Also I'm not sure about the magic. I have 6 dices + one bound. The maximum for castingdices is 9, despelldices is 10...

So what do you think:

2300 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Chaos Lord (2#, 375 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Lord of Khorne @ 375 pts (General; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Shield; Frenzy)
. . . . 1 Juggernaut of Khorne (Causes Fear; Magic Resistance (1))
. . . . 1 Axe of Khorne
. . . . 1 The Crimson Armor of Dargan
. . . . 1 Favour of the Gods

Exalted Hero (2#, 234 pts)
. . 1 ~[(^One or more selected options present a potential usage conflict]~[(#]Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 234 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Flail; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer)
. . . . 1 Disc of Tzeentch (Flaming Attacks; Causes Fear; Flyer)
. . . . 1 The Bronze Armour of Zhrakk
. . . . 1 Golden Eye of Tzeentch
. . . . 1 Bloodcurdling Roar

Sorcerer (1#, 206 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle @ 206 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Barding; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
. . . . 1 Chaos Steed
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll

Sorcerer (1#, 175 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle @ 175 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
. . . . 1 Infernal Puppet

Chaos Marauders (17#, 132 pts)
. . 16 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 132 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)
. . . . 1 Chieftan of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 85 pts)
. . 5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 85 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Throwing Axe; Fast Cavalry)
. . . . 5 Warhorse

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 85 pts)
. . 5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 85 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Throwing Axe; Fast Cavalry)
. . . . 5 Warhorse

Chaos Knights (6#, 335 pts)
. . 6 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 335 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear)
. . . . 1 Banner of Rage
. . . . 6 Chaos Steed

Chaos Knights (6#, 345 pts)
. . 6 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 345 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear)
. . . . 1 Banner of Wrath
. . . . 6 Chaos Steed

Squad (4#, 205 pts)
. . 1 Hellcannon @ 205 pts (Causes Terror; Large Target; Unbreakable)
. . . . 3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)

Chaos Spawn (1#, 55 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Spawn @ 55 pts (Causes Fear; Unbreakable)

Chaos Spawn (1#, 55 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Spawn @ 55 pts (Causes Fear; Unbreakable)

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Chaos Army; Edition: 7th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Profile Options: Show Points; Special Rules: Forbid Special Characters, Forbid Storm of Chaos, Forbid Albion, Forbid Lustria, Forbid Regiments of Renown
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 2287

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

mr.john_doe
23-08-2009, 13:16
Whats up? Nothing to add?

Artemis360
25-08-2009, 15:09
Yeah man, its good but whats with the tiny unit of marauders with a banner? Looks like easy points to me. In fact, since everything else is mounted I don't think the marauders are so useful, especially so undermanned. The bronze armour of zhrakk is a great item but I'm not sure your bsb really needs it. You're prolly not going to be charged by terror causers if you play him right and u can easily avoid anything with killing blow so unless you think ur gonna see a lot of skinks with blow pipes, might not be worth it. An enchanted shield might be better or since he's got mark of tzeentch, the book of secrets would be great. Especially if you get flaming sword of rhuin as your spell...

Jind_Singh
25-08-2009, 16:31
Hello,

I tried to build a list for a tournament with 2300 Points. At first, I dont have Dragonogres because I don't like the look of them (at alot of older listquestions everytimes the people say "get dragonogres" so I want to say this at first).

Mmm the other day I was playing around with my bits box and took the body of a chaos horse (from the chaos knights box) and took the upper body of an iron gut and placed them together - OH MY STARS!
What a great fit, the ogre body fits the horse body perfectly, and with all that armour it looks great.
The only work you would have to do is greenstuff a few scales on the horse flesh, and work on his tail a little - but we're talking minimal conversion work for just an amazing looking unit - someone at the local store has done this with 8 ironguts - and it looks bloody great.

This would allow you to play great looking dragon ogres (though I must confess I have 3 normal dragon ogres from 10 years ago and I still love the wee buggers!)

Unuhexium
25-08-2009, 19:13
With just two sorcerers of nurgle, the Infernal Puppet isn't all that usefull imo since you won't cast anything with more than three dice and seldom more than two (very low risk of miscasting). If you expect to meet magic heavy lists then it's still great, but against low to medium magic lists without lv 3/4 casters there's probably more usefull stuff.

In short, it's about what you expect to face.

mr.john_doe
25-08-2009, 21:07
@Jind_Singh: Do you have some pics of them?

@all: Thanks for your hints.

The barbariens are for the mages. I have a slightly modified list. I drop the both lvl2 and take a giant of slanesh instead of those spawns.
Also the tzeentch-hero has no magic armor
Here it is:

2300 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Chaos Lord (2#, 375 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Lord of Khorne @ 375 pts (General; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Shield; Frenzy)
. . . . 1 Juggernaut of Khorne (Causes Fear; Magic Resistance (1))
. . . . 1 Axe of Khorne
. . . . 1 The Crimson Armor of Dargan
. . . . 1 Favour of the Gods

Exalted Hero (2#, 204 pts)
. . 1 ~[(^One or more selected options present a potential usage conflict]~[(#]Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 204 pts (Mark of Tzeentch; Hand Weapon; Flail; Chaos Armor)
. . . . 1 Disc of Tzeentch (Flaming Attacks; Causes Fear; Flyer)
. . . . 1 Enchanted Shield
. . . . 1 Golden Eye of Tzeentch
. . . . 1 Bloodcurdling Roar

Sorcerer (1#, 135 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 135 pts (Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll

Sorcerer (1#, 135 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 135 pts (Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll
. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 91 pts)
. . 5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 91 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Throwing Axe; Fast Cavalry)
. . . . 5 Warhorse

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 91 pts)
. . 5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 91 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Throwing Axe; Fast Cavalry)
. . . . 5 Warhorse

Chaos Marauders (18#, 138 pts)
. . 17 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 138 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)
. . . . 1 Chieftan of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield)

Chaos Knights (6#, 335 pts)
. . 6 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 335 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear)
. . . . 1 Banner of Rage
. . . . 6 Chaos Steed

Chaos Knights (6#, 325 pts)
. . 6 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 325 pts (Mark of Nurgle; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear)
. . . . 1 War Banner
. . . . 6 Chaos Steed

Squad (4#, 205 pts)
. . 1 Hellcannon @ 205 pts (Causes Terror; Large Target; Unbreakable)
. . . . 3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)

Chaos Giant (1#, 265 pts)
. . 1 Giant of Slaanesh @ 265 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Causes Terror; Immune to Psychology; Large Target; Stubborn)

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Chaos Army; Edition: 7th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Profile Options: Show Points; Special Rules: Forbid Special Characters, Forbid Storm of Chaos, Forbid Albion, Forbid Lustria, Forbid Regiments of Renown
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 2299

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com