PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 point Ard' Boyz DE

Lord Dan
23-08-2009, 05:15
I've had mixed results against some fairly tough builds. I really don't want to build a power army, so lend me some help short of a total rewrite, please:

Dreadlord
Black Amulet, Lifetaker, GW

Master
BSB, Ring of Darkness, HA, SDC, GW

Sorceress
Lv. 2, Scroll, Sacrificial Dagger

Sorceress
Lv. 2, Scroll, Scroll

Assassin
x2 hand weapons, Touch of Death, Rune of Khaine, Black Lotus

Assassin
x2 hand weapons, Touch of Death, Rune of Khaine, Cloak of Twilight

20 Warriors
Full command, Shields

20 Warriors
Full command, shields

10 Crossbowmen
10 Crossbowmen
10 Crossbowmen

5 Harpies

5 Dark Riders
Crossbows

Chariot

15 Black Guard
Full command, Banner of Hag Graef, Null talisman

5 Shades

5 Shades

Hydra
Hydra

Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower

Just shy of 3,000. I was considering taking another sorceress, though I'm not sure what I'd drop. Thoughts?

willowdark
23-08-2009, 05:35
Drop the Dreadlord for a Lvl4. Your build suggests that you trying to go soft with him. Why bother? Take the single BSB and the Assassins for combat punch and increase your magic output to match the level you're playing at. 3000 pts for 'Ard Boyz? I'd want the Lvl4 on a Pegasus over that Dreadlord any day.

I do like the list a lot. Seems nice and balanced for a big game.

Lord Dan
23-08-2009, 06:33
Thanks for the quick response! I actually tried out a lv. 4 instead of the dreadlord in several test games, and found she really didn't perform much at all (I kitted her with the ring of darkness and the black staff, while I gave my BSB the armor of eternal servitude). While I normally take a master over a dreadlord (I don't find the stat bump to be worth the 60 point difference) in smaller games, the option to take a lord that can snipe enemy warmachines and characters and still take some hits was too much to turn down (though I've been considering swapping the amulet for the pendant and armor of eternal servitude). It may just be my playing style, but I found myself hard pressed to make up the 355 points for the supreme sorceress in all of the games I played with her. There's still some time left until the tournament so I may give her another chance, but I'm really trying to lock in on my list so I can get a lot of practice in.

Really I'm just looking for advice on what kind of things I'll be running into that can exploit my weaknesses, and either tactical advice on how to attempt to overcome it or list alterations to help beat it.