PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Goblins 'Ard Boyz List

Da_Greeniest
23-08-2009, 16:07
I have never played any Ard Boyz, and I haven't really ever made the effort to make a competitive or winning army list.

That being said, here is what I have thought up for an Ard Boyz Tournament coming up.

----

Grimgor Ironhide

Black Orc Warboss
-Heavy Armor, Shield
-Wyvern
-Warboss Ironclaw's Waagh Cleava

Black Orc Big Boss
-Heavy Armor
-BSB with Mork's Spirit Totem

Savage Orc Big Boss
-Spear, Light Armor, Shield
-Orc Boar Chariot

----

24 Orc Boyz
-Full Command
-Shields

26 Orc Boyz
-Full Command
-Extra Choppa

25 Orc Boyz
-Full Command
-Extra Choppa

25 Orc Boyz
-Full Command
-Extra Choppa

18 Arrer Boyz

20 Night Goblins
-Musician
-Nets
-3 Fanatics

20 Night Goblins
-Musician
-Nets
-3 Fanatics
----

19 Black Orcs
-Musician, Standard Bearer
-Shields
-War Banner

Orc Boar Chariot

Orc Boar Chariot

2 Spear Chukkas
-Orc Bully

Savage Boar Boy Big'Uns
-Shields, Spears
-Nogg's Banner of Butchery

----

Giant

Giant

Doom Diver

----

I haven't had the chance to test this yet, but it combines a lot of the things I love to use normally in an O&G list, namely Chariots and Giants (love both of them).

Also, I usually have horrible luck with both shooting and magic, it's like a curse or something.

My plan with the Night Goblins was to line them up 2 wide (for room and manuverability) and put them alongside a unit of Orcs, so they'll be able to use Nets and numbers in combat to help out the Orcs.

What do you think? What should I change?

Stuffburger
23-08-2009, 17:08
29 black orcs is an enourmous point sink and quite frankly these guys aren't really worth it unless played very well (and luckily) - 15 is plenty for a bodyguard. I'd take the points saved and buy two units of fast cavalry and a doom diver.

I'd also think about trading a boar chariot for two chukkas to help take down the inevitable dual dragons/hydras/multistegs you'll be facing. Everything else looks pretty good, maybe add another fanatic if you can scrape up the points.

Da_Greeniest
23-08-2009, 17:43
Thanks for your advice!

I used to run a huge block of Black Orcs like that, and while I do agree they're far too expensive for what they are worth, a big block with Grimgor seemed to work the first few times I tried it out.

But you are correct, for 10 of those Black Orcs I can add in a lot more. So I took away 10 and added 5 more Fanatics to my Night Goblins, and 18 Arrer Boyz (filler, but also to shoot at Large Targets, I guess? Also because I have the models for em) and a Doom Diver.

I also traded in a Chariot for 2 Spear Chukkas + Bully.

Jind_Singh
23-08-2009, 21:58
I prefer 1 rock lobba over 2 bolt throwers ANY DAY!
Rock Lobba can be relied on turn in, turn out to do wonders for you. It has always, to date, made tripple it's points back in kills, and is just a wonderfull warmachine - only outdown by the doomdiver.
Bolt throwes suck eggs - hitting on 5's, then a poor roll on to-wound might only see a single model dead - BAH HAMBUG!
Rock lobbas - watch them take out anything!

Deglosh
24-08-2009, 19:27
This looks like a pritty damn solid list my friend, salut!
Only thing i would change is scrap the arrer boys. lets face it, they cant do ****. Get fast cav instead, some gobbos on wolfes with bows!