PDA

View Full Version : HE. The White Sword

ScytheSwathe
23-08-2009, 17:56
Alot of the time i see the white sword being reccomended for high elf characters, and i always wonder why? Essentially youre paying an extra 32/28 over a great weapon, just for killing blow. And eating into your magic item allowance for the privalige.

Is it really worth that much?

Quannum
23-08-2009, 18:04
It's worth it when coupled with the Talisman of Loec, when you absotively posilutely have to kill every last mutha-character in the room.

Alathir
23-08-2009, 18:07
Its nice also because once combined with talisman of loec its almost an instant death sentence against enemy characters. Not to mention the added bonus of being magic (helpful if you run into Forest spirits or ethereal nasties) and it isnt a 'great weapon' which can help in ASF vs. ASF scenarios*

*Although I think the errata on ASF vs. ASF made that last benefit redundant. Not too sure.

I've taken it quite alot and been pleased with its performance.

mrjellybeans
23-08-2009, 18:24
I enjoy using the white sword as well. For a prince on foot it offers the best killing potential you can get out of the list while still being able to afford a good defence. I recommend trying it out.

EvC
24-08-2009, 13:48
Yeah it's great. True there's not much benefit over a character with great weapon, but add Loec to the mix and the chances of a 6 and murder is great!

Keller
24-08-2009, 14:06
and it isnt a 'great weapon' which can help in ASF vs. ASF scenarios*

*Although I think the errata on ASF vs. ASF made that last benefit redundant. Not too sure.

Correct. There is no penalty whatsoever for a greatweapon when a unit has ASF. If both sides have ASF, it goes straight to Initiative, which a greatweapon usually ignores rather than modifies. I guess I would suggest an initiative penalty rather than strikes last for future editions under such thought.

You could always play a house rule to balance out ASF vs ASF w/ gw, if it bothers your group, though.

mr_vespa
24-08-2009, 16:38
If you scoff using special characters, the White Sword provides a way to make a non-special character version of Korhil. Shmorhil as I like to call him, since the White Sword provides the same bonuses as Chayal.