PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Tomb King (High Priest)

all_seeing_eye
23-08-2009, 23:16
Just looking for some imput on a list I made some time ago. I don't normally use a High priest at 2000 points, but I'm curious to see what others think of it.

Lords/Heroes: 824
Liche High Priest: 290
Cloak of Dunes, Hieratic Jar
Liche Priest: 173
Horse, 2x Dispel Scrolls
Tomb Prince: 176
Chariot of Fire, Spear, Light Armor, Shield
Tomb Prince: 185
Chariot, Icon of Rulership, Sword of Might

Core: 497
24 Skeleton Warriors: 226
Light Armor, Banner
Light Armor, Banner
Tomb Swarm: 45

Special: 450
4 Chariots: 160
3 Chariots: 120
Tomb Scorpion: 85

Rare: 220
Bone Gaint: 220

Total Points: 1991

Skywave
23-08-2009, 23:57
Just looking for some imput on a list I made some time ago. I don't normally use a High priest at 2000 points, but I'm curious to see what others think of it.

Lords/Heroes: 824
Liche High Priest: 290
Cloak of Dunes, Hieratic Jar
Liche Priest: 173
Horse, 2x Dispel Scrolls
Tomb Prince: 176
Chariot of Fire, Spear, Light Armor, Shield
Tomb Prince: 185
Chariot, Icon of Rulership, Sword of Might

Core: 497
Light Armor, Banner
Light Armor, Banner
Tomb Swarm: 45

Special: 450
4 Chariots: 160
3 Chariots: 120

Rare: 220
Bone Gaint: 220

Total Points: 1991

Here's a few thing I can say about it.

Your Hierophant is quite vulnerable. If you want to fly him where he is needed, you have to give him some protection. The Golden Ankrha should find a way there.

Why not a flail on the first Prince? Better on the charge where you want to kill more stuff to break them, more usefull to me than the extra save you'll get anyway.

Is the second Prince running alone with the Icon? He's naked in there, get him some armour!

Also I would run 2 unit of 3 chariot with banner. Again you want to break stuff on charge, so I think banner on charriot is near mandatory! Unless you plan to have the second Prince alone, thus the unit of 4, you should stick with 3 per unit.

The giant is quite hit or miss too, I don't find him reliable. But he might be a missible magnet wich might be what you want here.

Enigmatik1
24-08-2009, 14:53
I just recently ran a Twin Prince list against Lizardmen and did rather well. I did not run 2 chariot units, because I only have models for one. But I found that my main prince set up pretty much held up vs. whatever I ran him into. I gave him the Flail of Skulls, Light Armor and Shield. Of course his unit had the Icon of the Sacred Eye.

My other Prince was in my Tomb Guard unit. When I was collecting my army, I thought they sucked (compared to other army's special infantry choices, that is...) but I've gotta say in application, they have been rock solid every time.

If your second chariot Prince is going to run alone, I'd be inclined to give him the Icon, Flail, Light Armor and Shield. People are always shooting at my chariots with archers! I don't remember off the top of my head how much the Icon costs, but if cost permits...I'd consider the chariot of fire here too for more impact hits...but I'm inclined to say that'd put you 5 points over your item allowance, but I could be mistaken.

If you know you won't have to deal with long range shooting or non-LoS magic, you won't need a ward save on your Hiero. Keeping him out of LoS is easy in these cases. However, if you can't be sure of that, then definitely give him the Collar of Shapesh at least. Just be sure to keep him within 4" of a friendly unit. If you plan on having him out more in space then take the Ankhra. I just tend to keep mine very close to my tomb guard unit at all times (as in...using it to block LoS from dangerous shooters) so it's a non-issue most of the time.

I REALLY want to use the Bone Giant...but I can't bring myself to (mainly because it's too soft). I get more mileage out of the Casket of Souls or the Catapult. But if you can make it work, go for it. The potential carnage is worth the risk sometimes.