PDA

View Full Version : Resurrecting champions in challenges

Samaeus
24-08-2009, 23:27
Hi all,

I've searched around and read the rulebook/faqs but can't satisfy myself with an answer to this:

If a champion is killed in a challenge, and subsequently raised via invokation, does he continue to fight the challenge?

If not, is he allowed to re-declare one? I'm not sure how to interpret the "only one challenge per combat" sentence in the rulebook.

Thanks in advance for your help!

jax40kplyr1
24-08-2009, 23:37
If you kill the champ, the challenge is over. In the following turn, if he raises it back up, he has the option to issue a challenge with it first (as it is his turn). You'll need to kill it in his turn to be able to get out of the quagmire of continually raising champs.

Samaeus
24-08-2009, 23:44
So is the general consensus that "one challenge can be issued in each combat that is being fought" means per turn?

And I'm the one doing the raising, I'd just never even considered re-challenging before. Looks like I've been missing out!

jax40kplyr1
25-08-2009, 00:38
Yeah it's an incredible tarpit - the only way to really get out of it is to prevent the vamp from raising the champ back (good luck on IoN spamming) or kill the vamp. Otherwise you get stuck in the endless loop of kill champ, champ comes back, challenge issued again, etc etc.

Nurgling Chieftain
25-08-2009, 00:43
The champion can only be brought back every other player turn, so it's not that easy to keep the effect going continuously, as its likely to get cut down each turn.