PDA

View Full Version : 1k demon army for campaign

nagash42
25-08-2009, 04:14
Hey all i'll be joining a campaign at my local store and i'll be taking the demons now just trying to decide which one to take I have two ideas so far.

1. pure khorne

Herald of khorne w/ firestorm blade & armor of khorne

Herald of khkorne w/ etherblade

10 letters w/ cmd

10 letters w/ cmd

5 hounds

3 blood crushers 1 upgraded to champ

or

2. khorne/ tzeentch

herald of khorne w/ firestorm blade

herald of tzeentch w/ MOS and flying horror

13 letters w/ cmd

20 horrors

5 flesh hounds

3 flamers

we're using the old map campaign rules for the last edition so the points will go up slowly so which do you all think i should use?

daa6
25-08-2009, 05:20
Hi.

I like the idea of Mono God List's that way you get a little less stick... "for not choosing all the hard bits...."

So List One would be my choice.....

BUT

List 2 has a story potential...... Khorne and Tzeentch Hate(d) each other, in fluff gone by.... so depending of which Unit/side does best in each battle, or stage of the campagn, would decide which part of the force you would increase..... and one side gains power over the other, so to speak.....

Just my idea...

How long is your campagn for?

nagash42
25-08-2009, 06:54
it's going to be around 6 weeks I think and it's going to stay about 1k till we get more markers which ups the points a bit if you have another marker close by so it actually won't go up to much.

traumateam
25-08-2009, 08:23
List 2 is far more competitive. Letters suck (in my opinion); change the letters into 10 horrors. Drop the 20 horrors to 10.
I'd replace flying horror (i'm not really a fan) with power vortex or spell breaker.

If the theme is the most important thing and you're not worried about competition, i'd go for the first one.

Jind_Singh
25-08-2009, 08:34
i love the 1st one - and me having 80 bloodletters, 20 fleshounds, and 7 bloodcrushers does not in any way influnce the fact that Lord Khorne will be most pleased with your list A!
Also it will look great painted up on the field, will be a great army for OTHER people to play against. Why? With pure Khorne you actually have a chance of beating them! Sure they are great in combat but without the other deamon elements you can get around it.
Dont get me wrong - it wont be a walk in the park for anyone to beat pure khorne but it will provide challenging games for both you and the opponent.
And personally I would have dropped a crusher to upgrade your 2nd herald to a jugge rmounted dude with BSB - dont even need an icon at this point in time, but BSB would be nice.
And you can still do lots with 2 bloodcrushers, but the presence of another jugger herald needs to be considerd.
Another thing is then by increasing the bloodletters to units of 11 means you start with 3 ranks of 5 wide units - fair enough a single bowshot/spell negates the rank but you'll be suprised at how many people think that will make a differnce in the game - but it means 2 shots on both units before theu target your fleshounds/crushers.
A word to the wise - screen your crushers, they are fragile.
I like to deploy them BEHIND my core units - so later in the game they can deal with break-throughs or flank units my letters have pinned down in combat.
Hope it helps

nagash42
26-08-2009, 03:53
Kay thanks all for the help I think i'm goign to go for the all khorne for now campaign battles will be in another thread.

this is the army

Herald of khorne w/ firestorm blade, armor of khorne

herald of khorne w/ BSB, Juggernaught, armor or khorne, soul hunger

10 bloodletters w/ cmd

10 bloodletters w/ cmd

5 flesh hounds

2 bloodcrushers

though i still have about 30pts unspent

Jind_Singh
26-08-2009, 08:34
EKK! 30 points is huge! Grab at least 2 more bloodletters from somewere to field in the core units - besides as time goes on you will need an extra box of bloodletters so might as well do it now.
Or add an icon to one of your core units - they are 25 pts.
2 bloodletters is perfect as you add 1 to each unit so they rank up 5 wide and 3 deep