PDA

View Full Version : HE 2250pts Tournament List

th0r
25-08-2009, 14:00
Hi all, this is the list I am thinking about bringing to the next GW tournament in my area. We aren't using any of the composition systems out there for this one, so it's just 1-4pts per game given by your opponent. I think the one after this will be using the Swedish system which really junks my list (scores 10/30 eek!).

I was going to run with Reavers, as I custom built some that are pretty nice but I find they always get taken out before being able to strike (despite me trying to be sneaky with them), so I have replaced them with shadow warriors (which I think are pretty useless but fit my Chracian theme better and might be okay hanging out in tree's).

I know it's not the typical Star Dragon list, but I was trying to stay away from cavalry since my last HE army (under the last edition army book) was an all cav army. Anyway what do you guys/gals think?

Prince 606pts
-Star Dragon
-Vambraces of Defence, Armour of Caledor, Halberd

Noble 139
-Dragon Armour, Great Weapon, Reaver Bow

Mage 140pts
-2x Dispel Scrolls

18x Spearmen 187pts
-Full Command

18x Spearmen 187pts
-Full Command

14x White Lions 265pts
-Full Command
-Banner of Arcane Protection

6x Shadow Warriors 96

Lion Chariot of Chrace 140pts

Lion Chariot of Chrace 140pts

Repeater Bolt Thrower 100pts

Great Eagle 50pts

Total: 2250pts

The_O
25-08-2009, 21:04
Looks pretty hard hitting. I would worry about only having a lvl 1 mage, gives you pretty much no offensive or defensive magic. Maybe drop one of the RBTs/Lion chariots/shadow warriors and add another mage (with trickster pendant or annulian crystal maybe) or upgrade the other one to lvl 2 at least.