PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WE tournament amry >need some input<

chbster
11-01-2006, 15:34
Got a tournament coming up. All come with hard lists. Therefor also the chease...
Would like some input!

----------------------------------------------
Wood Elves tournament Army 2500

1 Highborn General; Great Weapon (561 Pts)
Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins
Helm of the Hunt, Enchanted Shield
1 Green Dragon

2x Spellsinger lvl2, 2xScropll (350 Pts)

20 Eternal Guard, full command (295 Pts)
Banner of Zenith

10 Glade Guard (120 Pts)

3x8 Dryads (288 Pts)

5 Glade Riders, musician (129 Pts)

2x5 Wild Riders, champion (296 Pts)

7 Wardancers (126 Pts)

1 Treeman (285 Pts)

1 Great Eagle (50 Pts)

Casting Pool: 6
Dispel Pool: 4
Models in Army: 82

Total Army Cost: 2500

-----------------------------------------------

Got two Terror units, kinda cheasy i think... Just would like to try it out, since i know the others come with heavy lists too.

Another version would be to kick out the treeman, take one more eagle, 10 more GG, and increase the number of the Wild rider units with 2 each.

But what do you guys think about the first one?

chumchu
12-01-2006, 14:40
I would definately include more glade fuard as they rock. The y almost always gain their points back and are great as distractions. This is because opponents will often head towards your shooting line. This is easy to exploit as long as you donīt care about them. And if they doesnīt just let lose with bs4 S4 arrows.

Not a foolproof plan but what is?

chbster
13-01-2006, 17:57
Personally i like them too, but the plan this time was to let the dragon and the treeman be the distraction, get all the attention on them and let the Dryads connected with the WR's and GR's ripp the other army appart.
The EG are more a blocker, therefor also the Banner of Zenith. Ill probably take one of the scrolls of one of the mages, and instead give him the pageant of skrikes to take out some mages.

Another thing im not totally sure of if it not would be better to dropp the helmet of the HB and give him the annoyance of nettlings, and go for the challenges...
What do you think is better?

Yak
13-01-2006, 18:13
I think you really need to think about your dragon. Dragon's are very good, but think about the guy on top as well! Looking at him, he's got 60 points of magic items that he can't use if he's in combat. Now as he's on a dragon, getting him inot combat is going to be easy. Every turn you're not shooting with his nasty arrows you've wasted points on those items. Every turn he's not in combat you've wasted points on the dragon.

Personally I'd give him the stone of crystal mere, as it protects the mount as well, and possibly the hail of doom arrow, or one of the magic spears.

The only other thing in the list I'm not sure about is the eternal guard. Without a noble their effectiveness is seriously diminished, and a flank charge will see them fleeing. With both a treeman and the eternal guard you might consider a BSB (this often gives bonuses in tourneys), though hero slots are at a premium when fielding a dragon.

Other than that I like the list.

Might I suggest that you also post it up on Asrai.org (www.asrai.org), where there are a lot of woodelf players?

chbster
13-01-2006, 23:36
thanks for the input will think about it.

bloodwraith
15-01-2006, 01:28
I agree with the comment about the general on the dragon. If you want the general to be as effective as possible for shooting, try a setup like this;

Highborn: alter kindred, bow of loren, arcane bodkins, great weapon, stone of crystal mere

Keep him out of the charge arc of any enemy units (shouldn't be hard with movement 9) or keep him in a wood. 5 shots at BS 7! from the bow of loren with no saves, 3+ ward save. If you need him to support a flank charge or something he has his great weapon and 5 attacks with it.

On the other hand if you are looking for a hunter or flank charging lord

Highborn: alter kin, great weapon, helm of the hunt, enchanted shield, stone of crystal mere, hail of doom arrow

6 ws7 s6 attacks on the charge, 4+sv, 3+ ward save and the hail of doom with a BS of 6!

Neknoh
15-01-2006, 01:46
Why is it that you have placed the Banner of Zenith on your Eternal guard?

bloodwraith
15-01-2006, 11:54
I agree with neknoh, far better the banner of zenith on the wild riders, to take advantage of the longer range of the enemy not being able to move.