PDA

View Full Version : 2250 wood elves all corners

bizzar6311
25-08-2009, 17:27
Hey all wrote up an all corners list that I've been using lately with good success. Figured I'd post and get some comments.

High born
Alter kindred
Great weapon
Light armour
Bow of loren
Enchanted shield
Glamour weave
Arcane bodkins

Noble
Alter kindred
Great weapon
Light armour
Shield
Helm of the hunt
Hail of doom arrow

Spell singer
Dispell scroll x2

10 glade guard
10 glade guard
10 glade guard
5 glade riders, musician
5 glade riders, musician
8 dryads
8 dryads
8 dryads

6 wild riders, musician, standard, war banner
3 war hawk riders
8 war dancers, musician

Treeman

The list has a bit of everything. I really like the solid core in the army. Only thing I ever thought of putting in the list was some treekin but I don't think I have the room. Thoughts are welcome and thanks!

Poseidal
26-08-2009, 16:23
How does it perform with the Spellsinger general?

Looks pretty solid, very Core heavy.

nasty_little_hobbit
27-08-2009, 11:20
I really like this list. Very balanced in the composition but still competitive.
The only thing I might consider changing is replacing one unit of glade guard with either a branchwraith-cluster if facing magic heavy opponent/ extra warhawk rider+ eagle or a small unit of waywatchers to give you greater tactical options.
Also, have you considered this set up for your Alter Highborn- light armour, shield, helm of the hunt, spear of twighlight, stone of crystal mare, mericis locus(sp?).
Having never played wood elves above 1500pts Ive yet to try out this set up but it looks pretty strong on paper. With 6 killing blow attacks on the charge and most opponents wounding on 3's ( only lord level characters with strength 5 can wound on 2's) and a 3+ 'ward' he should be able to surive any returning attacks.
Good luck