PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Dark Elves, not friendly, not tourny

DaRKeSTBLaDe
26-08-2009, 01:50
This is the list that I'll probably use facing Warriors of Chaos and Lizardmen. How is it?

Lord: Dreadlord
-Cold One
-Sword of Ruin
-Armour of Eternal Servitude
-Null Talisman
-Shield
-Sea Dragon cloak
269 points

Heroes: Sorceress
-Lvl 2
-Tome of Furion
-Dispel Scroll
175 points

Assassin
-Additional hand weapon
-Touch of Death
-Dark Venom
-Hand of Khaine
-Cloak of Twilight
171 points

Assassin
-Additional hand weapon
-Rune of Khaine
121 points

Core: 16 Warriors
-FC
-Shields
-Banner of Murder
152 points

12 Repeater Crossbowmen
-Guardmaster
125 points

20 Corsairs
-1 Handbow (should I?)
-FC
-Banner of Murder
250 points

5 Dark Riders
-Repeater Crossbows
110 points

Special: 5 Cold One Knights
-FC
-Pearl of Infinite Bleakness
-Banner of Murder
225 points

12 Black Guard
-FC
-Standard of Hag Graef
226 points

Rare: War Hydra
175 points

Total: 1999 points

C&C welcome.

eyescrossed
26-08-2009, 02:10
It's similar to my list, but I'm a noob too, so I can't really offer any advice.

jme
26-08-2009, 02:15
Your wasting points on the 2nd level of magic, with only one level two chance are you wont get any spells off. For the same reason I would also take the cloak off the assassin. With the points saved get a second dispel scroll and take the ring of hotek, that should sort your magic defence out.

Else where its looking quite good. Few pointers, you cant have the same magic banner more than once and I would take extra weapons on the corsairs. If you can can bump up the warriors to a full 20, the extra rank is very useful (I would drop two crossbowmen and the crossbow champion.

I like your dreadlord, I take one like it!

jax40kplyr1
26-08-2009, 02:46
Once you fix the list to make it legal with banners - it's primarily designed for a CC list. You only have 3 dispel dice and 1 scroll, so magic is going to tear up your units unless you use the Ring of Hotek in there somewhere. Your lord is only Str 4, so the Sword of Ruin is too expensive for my taste - you can drop the null talisman and Sword of Ruin and add Crimson Death and Pendant of Khaeleth cheaper.
Your cold ones already cause fear, and if you have your lord in with them they would take fear tests from terror causes on LD10 - probably save the points. You still have to take stupidity checks with them even if your immune to Psychology.
Drop the command on the repeaters; handbows really aren't worth it on the corsairs. Would recommend increasing the size of the warriors up to 20 for the extra rank.

DaRKeSTBLaDe
26-08-2009, 04:22
*Head-desk* I knew something was wrong with the list, but I just couldn't place what it was.

Should I change the Sword of Ruin and Null Talisman to Heartseeker and 2 Null Talismans or something worth 30 points?

I'll write up a new list later - I'm at school right now.

Oh, also, this list was based off the battleforce, so... Yeah...

But I could take Caledor's Bane for taking care of those pesky Stegadons and possible Carnosaurs. Is it viable? Silly question, but I'm a bit of a noob.

jax40kplyr1
26-08-2009, 04:52
If you know your going to be playing against Lizardmen - sure Caledor's bane is great - just remember that the highest armor save you'll see with lizards is 3+ on a steg and 4+ on a carnosaur. Sure you can have a 1+ Old Blood running around, but those are pretty limited. Lizardmen are hard to break on the charge, coupled with cold blooded and a BSB. I would still recommend the crimson death and Pendant of Khaeleth for your Dreadlord - this will let you keep your Str 6 even after the first round of combat and still go in initiative order.
Unless your opponent runs a Slann you really don't need to worry about magic defense that much. If he runs Engines of the Gods - you can't stop it anyways until you kill the priest on top. I still prefer the Ring of Hotek, as it can really put a cramp on 3 dice or more rolling for spell casting.

DaRKeSTBLaDe
26-08-2009, 07:33
Hmm... I was just thinking, the Ring of Hotek wouldn't affect a Sorceress if she had it, would it? I just don't think it would, unless she targetted a spell within 12" of herself. After all, she isn't within 12" of herself.

Maybe I could put it on the CoK Champion... Would that work, still letting me have 100 pts free on my Dreadlord and no risk whatsoever with the Sorceress?

Oh, one advantage for Caledor's Bane is that I still ignore Scaly Skin saves even after the first round of combat. Oh, and it gives +3 Strength, so S7 on the charge.

Could I still have a shield if I took the Crimson Death? It's 2 handed, but I don't know if that means I can't have a shield or not.

Also, I don't know if I'm facing a Slann. I know I'll be facing an EotG, though.

DaRKeSTBLaDe
26-08-2009, 08:28
Lord: Dreadlord
-Cold One
-Crimson Death
-Armour of Eternal Servitude
-Pendant of Khaeleth
-Shield
-Sea Dragon cloak
264 points

Heroes: Sorceress
-Lvl 2
-Tome of Furion
-Dispel Scroll
175 points

Assassin
-Additional hand weapon
-Touch of Death
-Dark Venom
-Hand of Khaine
-Cloak of Twilight
171 points

Assassin
-Additional hand weapon
-Rune of Khaine
121 points

Core: 16 Warriors
-FC
-Shields
-Banner of Cold Blood
142 points

12 Repeater Crossbowmen
-Guardmaster
125 points

20 Corsairs
-1 Handbow (should I?)
-FC
-Banner of Murder
250 points

5 Dark Riders
-Musician
-Repeater Crossbows
117 points

Special: 5 Cold One Knights
-FC
-Ring of Hotek
-Standard of Slaughter
235 points

12 Black Guard
-FC
-Standard of Hag Graef
226 points

Rare: War Hydra
175 points

Total: 2001 points

Changed it.

What I'm really having trouble with deciding is what units to put the Assassins in. I was thinking I could put the flying one in with the Repeater Crossbowmen to surprise my opponent(s) a bit, and the other one either in the Corsairs, to benefit from the Armour Piercing (would he?) or in the Black Guard.

What do you think of it, and most importantly, where do you think I should put the Assassins?...

Oh, and which Lore for the Sorceress? I'm thinking definately Dark Magic, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: And would the Handbows benefit from Armour Piercing?

johnny2tone
26-08-2009, 20:49
If you put the one in your crossbow unit he might never be revealed... put him in a unit that will definitely be in the center of combat, and likely to win a round.

DaRKeSTBLaDe
27-08-2009, 04:17
I meant the one who's going to fly, but okay.

Kalec
27-08-2009, 04:30
Hmm... I was just thinking, the Ring of Hotek wouldn't affect a Sorceress if she had it, would it? I just don't think it would, unless she targetted a spell within 12" of herself. After all, she isn't within 12" of herself.

Tell me, how far are you away from you?

DaRKeSTBLaDe
27-08-2009, 07:23
Tell me, how far are you away from you?

Hahaha, but I'm not on a base.

Her base isn't within 12" of her own base - the effects radiate outwards in a 12" bubble around the wearer. I could argue all day long about it, but I won't, and I'll never use that interpretation, as it would mean that I am a failure in life, and have next to no testicles.