PDA

View Full Version : 500pt game rules- want to clear something up

Verminmistress
11-01-2006, 17:57
This is probably a really stupid question, but I'm easily bewildered by things like this so please humour me.

In the Border Patrol FAQ on the GW site, it says that Skaven weapons teams count as a war-machine. Am I right in thinking that this means they also count as a separate unit, rather than being attached to a unit of clanrats (or whatever) as they would normally be?

(My apologies again if this question's as stupid as I think it is. I just wanted to make sure...)

Major Defense
11-01-2006, 19:12
No. They do count as a war machine but otherwise have to be purchased as normal, with a unit of 10+ clan rats (a unit of 3-9 clan rats can't take command or a weapon team). There is no rule suggesting that they are a unit unto themselves.

Verminmistress
11-01-2006, 19:17
Thanks. I hoped that was the case... :D

Atrahasis
11-01-2006, 21:06
No. They do count as a war machine but otherwise have to be purchased as normal, with a unit of 10+ clan rats (a unit of 3-9 clan rats can't take command or a weapon team). There is no rule suggesting that they are a unit unto themselves.

We're talking Border Patrol - units of less than 20 Clanrats are impossible.

Verminmistress
11-01-2006, 21:46
We're talking Border Patrol - units of less than 20 Clanrats are impossible.
That's not a problem for me: my army list's got 2 units of 20 clanrats. ;) (And our guy who plays Dwarfs isn't looking happy at the prospect! Although that might be more to do with the ratling gun and the rat ogres...)