PDA

View Full Version : tomb scorpian questions

Saethiel
11-01-2006, 19:10
I am fairly new to fantasy, but a few issues have come ujp regarding tomb scorpians in games I have been having.

first, does it have a 360 degree move and charge arc? or 90?

also, do the poisoned attacks from him also do a -2 to armor since he is str. 5?

thanks in advance!

Dekion
11-01-2006, 21:18
The tomb scorpian has a 90 degree line of sight as it is considered a monster. Anything with 2 or more wounds is a monster, unless it is on a 20-25mm base. Yes the attack would be at -2 due to S5.

Tarax
15-01-2006, 12:58
Anything with 2 or more wounds is a monster, unless it is on a 20-25mm base.

Not exactly true, but that's another question (I will not answer here).

Everything else is true. It's with all poisoned attacks, you use the unmodified Strength of the attacker to determine armour save modifiers.

2ndCompanyVeterans
15-01-2006, 13:09
Everything else is true. It's with all poisoned attacks, you use the unmodified Strength of the attacker to determine armour save modifiers.[/QUOTE]

That is not quite right, All poisen does is auto wound on a strike roll of a 6, when you calculate the armour save you use the strengh of the blow dealt. So if a Saurus heroe has a great weapon and the venom of the fire fly frog there will be extra -2 for the great weapon.

It is rare that these kind of combos appear but you might find one in the dark elf army,

Festus
15-01-2006, 13:14
Hi

Right.

Tarax should have omitted the *unmodified*:

It's with all poisoned attacks, you use the unmodified Strength of the attacker to determine armour save modifiers.

greetings
Festus

Tarax
20-01-2006, 09:35
Yes, that's correct. I wasn't counting on characters with Magic Items, etc.

Shield of Freedom
08-02-2006, 21:46
I'm pretty sure he has a 90 degree arc of sight for the purpose of charging. However, during normal movement I believe he does not have to wheel and such but simply moves to his desired spot on the board within his movement distance, taking into account difficult terrain, and obstacles that prevent movement through them. Also he may end said movement facing in any direction. Much like a skirmisher or a 40K infantryman....

Festus
08-02-2006, 22:13
Hi

I'm pretty sure he has a 90 degree arc of sight for the purpose of charging. However, during normal movement I believe he does not have to wheel and such but simply moves to his desired spot on the board within his movement distance, taking into account difficult terrain, and obstacles that prevent movement through them. Also he may end said movement facing in any direction.
You are indeed correct. To be more precise: The Monster can turn freely and pivot while moving the appropriate distance given in inches.

Much like a skirmisher or a 40K infantryman....

...or a Monster in WHFB... :angel:

Greetings
Festus