PDA

View Full Version : Rodgi Redbeard RPG - Daemon Hunter

Darmort
11-01-2006, 21:30
"Rodgi Redbeard, would you slow down?" Asked someone short and squat, but with a build like a giant's. On his chest there were several plates, and on his belt there was an axe. He was a Dwarf, and he had, under his armour, dark green clothing.
"As if taking the Slayer's oath wasn't bad enough for you, Rodgi, you're still one Dwarf that is under my protection. The last Dwarf under my protection!"
"And if you stop my glorious death in anyway, you should take the Slayer Oath yourself, Gunar. I intend to hunt this Daemon, and as a Slayer, it's my right to!"
Gunar sighed, and pushed the tavern door open. He walked in, and after came another Dwarf, around four foot high, with nothing but a pair of trousers on. The trousers were travel stained, muddy, and ragged. He had a long orange beard, and a moheken that reached as high as a human's brow. "Now this tavern may have some decent ale," the Slayer stated, and the barman paled. He quickly filled two mugs of his finest ale and passed them over to the Dwarfs. The Dwarf named Gunar drank his in one. It was obvious he was young and under an oath of some kind, while the other, Rodgi, was a Slayer, and the tattoos, battle scars, peircings and the double axes on his belt showed it. He sniffed his beer, and his eyes widened. "Where'd ya get Bugmans, ya theiving Manling!" The Slayer roared, pulling out his axe.
"I-I-I b-b-bought it from o-o-one of your kind, Master D-d-dawi!" The barman squeaked.
Rodgi scowled. "Bloody humans gettin' their mits on what don't belong to them. Including words..."
The Dwarf downed the ale in one, and slammed it on the bar. "Another!" He cried.
The Dwarfs slowly drank their way through a whole barrel of bugman's, looking at the other mercenaries and fighters around the inn...

Name - Rodgi Redbeard
Age - 398
Class - Slayer

Equipment - Rodgi bears a pair of axes. Nothing else.

Appearance - Rodgi's saids at around belly height, but his moheken gives him the appearance of tallishness, as it reachs a man's brow. He wears travel stained trousers, and has blue tattoos covering his body, as well as peircings in his nose and ears.

History - Rodgi, being a Slayer, is not talkative about such things.

NPC;
Name - Gunar Runehand
Age - 138
Class - Liege-Dawi

Equipment - Gunar bears the axe of his forefather, Genar Runeheld, inscribed with a single Rune of Speed. He wears a few plates of armour over his chest and legs, giving him slight protection. The armour is dented slightly, and Gunar hasn't bothered about fixing it, saying something about honour and oaths whenever it's suggested to him.

Appearance - Gunar's beard is shorter than his Charges', and is a dull brown, as his his hair. He wears dark green clothing, which seem to be rough and worn like Gunar's Charge, however, Gunar hasn't taken the Slayer Oath, and is a simple Liege-Dawi.

History - Gunar's history is about his father, a Hammerer for Dwarf Thane Helgrim Rednose, and Gunar grew into becoming Helgrim's Liege-Dawi for his entire family. Many years ago, something happened to Helgrim and the rest of his family, except for Rodgi Redbeard, who took the Slayer Oath for reasons best not shared. Gunar followed Rodgi as his Liege-Dawi still, and will not break his Oath. If Rodgi would ever be killed or captured, Gunar would take the Slayer Oath himself, and search for penance.

OOC - This is a simple RPG; the Slayer wants to die, and the Liege-Dawi wants to save his Charge from death. They're going after a Daemon, they won't say where, but they're going for it, and anyone coming out alive is going to have a LOT of glory when they reach Grimnir's Halls! Humans and Dawi are fine, however, Rodgi will frown upon Elves, Halflings and Ogres. Make them at your own peril, ;)

Antaeus
11-01-2006, 22:46
Gerren sipped gently at the thick, cheap wine, the scarlet liquid tingling his tongue. The actor placed the glass down on the table with a delicateklink, his nose wrinkling at the strong taste, and rocked back on his chair, placing his long legs on the table.

The human sighed. Very little was happening at the moment - the closure of the Grande Theatre had robbed him of regular employment. A bit part here, a few days at a nobleman's court there, and Gerren Taymor had just about been able to survive, but he was running out of ideas on how to keep himself fed, watered and sheltered. He needed something new, something exciting, a new challenge. The heel of his hand brushed the hilt of his ornate foil, the elaborate weapon gently swaying, scabbarded on his belt.

-----------------------
Name: Gerren Taymor
Race: Human Male
Class: Entertainer - Actor

Appearance: 5' 10", with a slim build, Gerren is a slight, catlinke figure. he dresses elaborately, even foppishly - a white, frilled shirt gracing his frame. The actor has fairly long brown fair and piercing blue eyes, wearing black, light trousers and black shoes.

Equipment: Comfortable, reasonably expensive clothes, duelling foil.

-----------------

Gerren cast a wary eye around the tavern, taking in the rather disreputable company. Again he took a small sip of his wine, wondering what the intentions, thoughts and objectives of the other patrons amounted to...

Darmort
13-01-2006, 12:16
OOC - Looks good. Anyone else up for Fantasy, or are ye too tall of body, :p

IC - Gunar groaned slightly as he finished his twenty-second tankard of Bugmans.
"What brews' this?" He asked Rodgi.
The Slayer shrugged. "Beardling, if I didn't know better, this is XXXXX brew. And good work about turning to the longest beard, unlike these elf bottomed-chin men around here who can't stand a pint without getting drunk."
Rodgi downed another tankard of Bugmans, and wiped the froth from his beard. "Ah! The good stuff." He growled, eyeing the barman threateningly for more beer.
His Liege-Dawi snorted. "I thought you wanted to be sober when you were killed by this Daemon. If you are killed."
Gunar's words caught half the tavern, and they edged away from the Dwarfs' words.
"What?" Asked the Slayer. "Not brave enough tae face tha Daemons that could rend you limb from limb! You'd make bad soldiers, you would!"

Laudren
13-01-2006, 22:02
I will post a C ASAP tonight most likely.

Shuya
14-01-2006, 05:38
OOC: Darmort, are you allowing more slayers?

Darmort
14-01-2006, 15:35
Yeah, there's more Slayers around. Just because there wasn't one mentioned in the intro post doesn't mean there aren't any sleeping, in the privy or sitting in a dark corner all alone. The basic rules apply; GM is always right, and no God Gaming, ;)

Frodo34x
14-01-2006, 23:13
OOC: I'll maybe enter a character, though it will be my first Rp on this site.

Hate Train
15-01-2006, 06:09
OOC: It's a good thing I don't know jack about Dwarves/Humans or else I'd join, in Fantasy I only really know about Vampires and Chaos. Feh, well maybe I'll join later. So I'm reserving a slot for now.

Hate Train
15-01-2006, 11:40
Herod looked up from his own drink to eye the pair of dwarves at the bar. From his seat on the wall furthest the lamps of the establishment he had a clear view of the stubby figures, who were seated high above the other slouching occupants of the room. Herod eyed them warily from beneath the thick hood of his cloak, which was drawn low over his face to conceal his features. Once again Herod raised the glass to his lips, drinking the amber liquid in small sips.

--------------->
Name: Herod Deomar
Class: Assassin/Stalker

Appearance: Herod dresses in dark browns and greens so as to make himself less noticable to those around him. As of now he is wearing a heavy green cloak, hood up, while underneath he is wearing a lighter brown coat and pants. He is also wearing a pair of worn black leather boots and a pair of brown-cloth gloves without fingers to warm the hands but maintain traction when gripping objects. At his side is a long dagger, double-edged and around eight inches long. On his back is mounted his bow and quiver, his bow is rather long in order to allow for long-distance sharpshooting.
He is almost evenly 6 feet tall and his build is quite lean and gaunt. He has black hair and a modest goatee. His eyes are brown and his noise is slightly hooked. In addition his cheeks are rather sallow.

Equipment: Cloak, coat, pants, boots, eight inch long dagger, long bow, quiver (10 arrows), oak pipe, something good smelling.

History: Herod's relevant history is brief. As a mercenary cutthroat he gradually rose from being a simple thug to a hired assassin. Herod himself is the result of the rape of his mother by chaos marauders. As such Herod has a distinct hatred for the forces of the ruinous powers and is naturally suspicious of any form of magic.

Hate Train
15-01-2006, 11:43
Herod chugged the rest of his drink and rose from his seat. Checking his belt for his dagger and ensuring that his bow and quiver were safely attached to his back he strode across the tavern toward the dwarves.
Upon arriving he spoke loud so that there was no mistaking who he was speaking to, "So, ye're huntin' a demon?"

Darmort
15-01-2006, 15:41
The Slayer looked at the human that had spoken, and nodded. "A Daemon, yes. Should I die, it would be a worthy death of my ancestors."
"And my shame," muttered Gunar, taking a second to stop drinking from his tankard. "Although surviving; that would be a glory. Surviving and killing the thing."
The Slayer growled. "I am a Slayer, it's my right to die."
"And it's my right as Liege-Dwarf," said Gunar, careful of not using the word Dawi around men, "To Protect you from Harm, else I become a Slayer!"
"Anyway, human," said the Slayer, turning to Herod. "What do you want, exactly, other than the answer that I gave?"

Shuya
15-01-2006, 21:30
<<OOC: One slayer of the crazy kind, coming up>>

The doors swung open letting in the air outside, a stout muscular figure took two short steps into the bar, letting the door shut behind him. The figure took a deep raspy breath in and began to laugh like a mad man "Ahhhhh civilization" it bellowed before continuing to laugh.
The dwarfs arms were large and the muscles rippled under his darkend skin, his nose was snub and his ears cauliflowerd giving him an apelike appearance, He was an average dwarf height and he wore dark brown trousers covered at the knees buy dark black boots with thick metal caps. His chest was bare apart from an old tattered sleeveless sea captain's jacket fraying at the missing sleeves, it no longer fitted over his stout belly. His skin was covered completely in blue tatoos, sharp angles and lines akin to that on the rumored ancient temples in the land of Lustria. His eyes were sharp and blue and his mouth was covered buy a thick blond beard parted down the centre in two thick braids. His head was shaved apart from Two large bleached blonde crests of hair, one in the centre and a second two inches offset to the left, if their was some pattern and another crest was ment to sprout from the right side of his skull, it was obscured buy a large metal plate that appeared hammered into his thick skull, The slayer wore no armour apart from two gromrill gauntlets. A two handed hammer was strapped to his back too big for one human to lift, topped with a menacing looking spike.
The dwarf walked up to bar grinning to himself. He took a seat next to the slayer and pointed to his mug of Bugmans. "Ill have two of them! manling!" he snorted and took out a coin purse and dropped it on the counter, it landed with a loud thud, He grinned at the barman as he went to get his drink. He turned to the slayer and laughed "Can't find your doom Dawi? Me neither, Come close though!" He laughed and tapped the plate with his armoured fist "Lokri Ironskull at your service

<<OOC:

Name: Lokri Ironskull

Appearance: The dwarfs arms were large and the muscles rippled under his darkenend skin, his nose was snub and his ears cauliflowerd giving him an apelike appearance, He was an avarage dwarf hieght and he wore dark brown trousers coverd at the knees buy dark black boots with thick metal caps. His chest was bare apart from an old tatterd sleevless sea captain's jacket fraying at the missing sleeves, it no longer fitted over his stout belly. His skin was coverd completly in blue tatoos, sharp angles and lines akin to that on the rumored ancient temples in the land of Lustria. His eyes were sharp and blue and his mouth was coverd buy a thick blond beard parted down the centre in two thick braids. His head was shaved apart from Two large crests of hair, one in the centre and a second two inches offset to the left, if their was some pattern and another crest was ment to sprout from the right side of his skull, it was obscured buy a large metal plate that appeared hammerd into his thick skull, The slayer wore no armour apart from two gromrill gauntlets. A two handed hammer was strapped to his back too big for one human to lift, topped with a menacing looking spike.

Equipment: 2 Gromrill gauntlets, woodsmen handaxe (tool), flintbox

Background (details later): born in Barak Varr, Lokri grew up on the sea and due to his famous navigation and his easy going, undwarflike attiturde he became captain of his own ship at an early age. Soon he was a famous treasure finder with a large ship and crew to his name.
One day on a trip in the north Lokri found his navigation skills thrown buy the thick mist. When he realised where his shiip was it was two late and the ship crashed into the isle of Albion. Being one of the few survivors of the crash he took up the slayer oath for letting his crew be killed buy a fault of his own, but also he vowed to take word of their deaths to their families, all of them. He and his small band of slayes traveled albion for killing elfs and orcs. Somhow he was the only survivor to make it back to Barak Varr* and he set out to deliver the news to all of the families, and then a mighty doom

*Rumored to be the first dwarf to make the first ever Orc bone raft, supposebly lashed together with elf hair

>>

Darmort
16-01-2006, 12:32
Gunar glanced from Rodgi to the other Slayer, then bowed.
"Greetings, Lokri. I introduce to you Rodgi Redbeard, Slayer, Daemon Hunter, and Chaos Bane of the Manlings."
Rodgi growled. "I have no title other than Slayer. My Liege-Dwarf speaks out of turn."
Gunar turned away, back to his fourtieth tankard. By now though, there was a definitely slowing in his drinking.
"So you're a Slayer too? Doesn't surprise me to see other Slayers searching the Manling Realms so soon after the Storm of some Chaos *****. 'Course. Not like it would have mattered to those in the mountains."

Hate Train
16-01-2006, 20:01
"So Slayer, do you have room in your hunt for one more?"

Darmort
16-01-2006, 20:33
Rodgi shrugged. "The more seeking death the better," he said. "It wouldn't hurt to have a fellow Dwarf by my side other than this youngling, and I think that even a Manling could make himself a Slayer if his shame was good."
Rodgi sniffed a few times. "Like that Norseman blood in you," he said for an example.

OOC - Dwarf noses are good. Rodgi's almost four centuries old. Don't think he hasn't smelt the stentch of Norsemen.

Hate Train
16-01-2006, 23:33
Herod smirked, "I see your nose doesn't fail you. I shall wait for you to set out." He turned away and walked back to his table and took his seat once again. Herod lightly took a pipe from the inside of his coat and lit it, smoking something strong and well-smelling. The vapor he inhaled seemed to clear his head as he breathed it appreciatively.

Shuya
17-01-2006, 08:30
Lokri snatched up one of his tankards and took a big swig. "Ahh the mountains, ive seen many of the holds, But i was born in the Sea gate, where do you two hail from?"

Darmort
17-01-2006, 09:52
"Harak Van Gark," said Gunar. "It's small, secluded, and very few know of it."
The Dwarf spoke in a low undertone.
"It holds three hundred Dwarfs, but most of them are older than me. Longbeards, they are."
"And we'll keep the location hidden. Especially after I took the Slayer Oath." Rodgi muttered, scowling at his Liege-Dawi.
"We'll leave in the morning. There's Bugman's here, and I intend to drink it all," said Rodgi. Gunar grinned.
"Looks like we won't have hang overs then," he said, before slipping off his stool unconscious.
"Beardlings... can't take their Bugman's anymore," sighed Rodgi, going back to his drink.