changeling 60

3 screamers 90

3 screamers 90

6 flamers 210

6 flamers 210

TOTAL= 2244

jax40kplyr1
27-08-2009, 04:08
Mmmmm yeah you could say that is definately a magic heavy army. High Elves would have a field day with it though with basically everything having a flaming attack (Star Dragon and Dragon Princes). Shooty Empire lists can cause some problems, as well as a Dark Elf list running the Ring of Hotek. It's definately fluffy, but I'm still not convinced that betting everything on the magic phase is the right way to go. 1 miscast and the magic phase ends can spell disaster.
Also a majority of your attacks are all 18" max range - pretty close to the enemy to use. Dwarf gunlines could be extremely nasty to you, especially if they are running an anvil list (8 or more dispel dice plus artillery).

Jind_Singh
27-08-2009, 05:25
Against some lists this army is a killer
Against other lists this army will be killed

For a mono-Tzeentch army it's about as bad ass as you can get, plenty of magic ammo, but no BSB in there I noticed. Fast moving combat armies wont mind this list so much, my greenskins would be destroyed by the above, my Empire wouldn't mind a crack at you, my Ogres wouldn't last long, and my daemons, well they are deamons so nuff said!

traumateam
27-08-2009, 08:23
Screamers? Pff... Don't like them (T3 sucks).
I'd get some furies. They slow down the enemy's movement while your magic missiles take his units from distance.

stonetroll
27-08-2009, 09:21
Personally I'd swap out both power vortexes for master of sorcery. You've got enough BOOM in the rest of your army, but you if you really want a crack at HE armies (AND be able to take on most other things), you are going to need Beast Cowers.

Tzeentch Lord X7
31-08-2009, 21:01
I will be playing high elves tomorrow so this is the list I will be taking please tell me if I need to change anything as soon as possible

Kairos fateweaver 625

blue scribes 81

Herald of tzeentch 165
master of sorcery, flames of tzeentch

Herald of tzeentch 165

10 horrors 120

10 horrors 120

30 horrors 360

3 sreamers 90

3 screamers 90

6 flamers 210

6 flamers 210

oh by the way the high elf player is using teclis

Chaseyboy1er
01-09-2009, 03:05
i would make that 30 man unit of horrors into 3 10 man units, it lets you have more casters, and you'll get more dispel dice for his high elves. I would also agree, several units of furies are better than 6 screamers. i would take 2 units of 5 in place of that. but everything else looks good.

pigster99
05-09-2009, 02:47
Personally, putting the big horror unit into three units of horrors for the dispel dice is a waist. The reason for this is being that he is facing TECLIS!!!!! Doubles are irresistible, it dont matter how many dice u got when pulls irresistible, the big unit will give more casting power against those swordmasters and pray u kill the DP's before they make your flamers completely useless. Just my opinion, hope this helps

Tzeentch Lord X7
25-09-2009, 20:15
Im going to be playing against a dark elf player who runs a black guard death star with ring of hotek, he also takes the cauldron and 4 RBT's. any suggestions would help.

Tzeentch Lord X7
27-09-2009, 19:43
can anyone help me out :)

PeG
27-09-2009, 20:10
small horror units will help in this instance as well. Spam low level missiles and the ring gives very limited protection. Also make sure to take sniping spells to take out the ring carrier as soon as he is dead blast away.

zig zag screamers over them should also kill a bunch since they are all T3. Screamers should also be able to kill RBTs provided you have terrain to hide them behind.

Use flamers to kill anything with low armour save which should include shades, crossbows, RBTs etc

Tzeentch Lord X7
28-09-2009, 00:42
i said he was taking a black guard DEATH STAR making small horror units wont help since he has Magic Resistance 3.

Tzeentch Lord X7
28-09-2009, 00:47
this was the list i was considering

Kairos 625

Blue Scribes 81

Herald of Tzeentch 165

Herald of Tzeentch 165

10 horrors 120

20 horrors 240

20 horrors 240

3 screamers 90

3 screamers 90

6 flamers 210

6 flamers 210

any comments

Tzeentch Lord X7
01-10-2009, 01:48
no comments at all? WOW!

Tzeentch Lord X7
06-10-2009, 19:43
Can someone please give me any idea's on how to beat hotek with this army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Papawolf
06-10-2009, 20:03
magic his shooting units and bolt throwers, then flame seven colours of crap out of that unit of black guard with the flamers 12 d6 strength four hitting on fours/fives will hurt those lightly armoured elves baaaaad. i don't know how good screamers are but if they can attempt an assassination attempt on the hotek or magic resistance character, you can drop the unit in a turn no problem

Oh and people not answering is probably becuase of the fact you are a deamon player and therefore don't deserve advice in their eyes. i kinda understand where they are coming from if i am honest
^_^

Gaargod
06-10-2009, 20:26
a) Don't bump your own threads so much. Leave at least a day, ideally more etween bumps. If you're polite about it, people are more likely to respond.

b) As for the blackguard with ring and m3, they're more or less untouchable with magic - the phase you've decided to dump everything into. However, flamers should still rip them apart, on 3s to wound with a 6+ save. Firing 14D6 shots at them a turn, with some screamer over flies should thin them out sharpish. Fire your actal magic at other units. With the MR3, he's fairly vulnerable to 1/2 dice magic missles. Also worth trying to snipe his ring carrier with rule of burning iron (ring carrier will likely have an armur save sufficient to wound on 2s).

Tzeentch Lord X7
06-10-2009, 20:48
the ring carrier is the black guard unit champ and the unit has magic res 3 and he has that item that halves my BS

Jind_Singh
06-10-2009, 23:14
the nice thing about deathstars is....fudge them!
Ignore it and kill the rest of his army around him. Sit some screamers behind/to the side of the deathstar to march block them, keep dancing back from him until your in posistion to do anything about the deathstar - which is shoot seven kinds of crap out of them!

Jind_Singh
06-10-2009, 23:14
and you might want to find some fury models from somewere to take out RBT - i hate RBT!

Tzeentch Lord X7
07-10-2009, 01:48
i have furies should i drop 3 screamers for 7 or 8 furies??

John Vaughan
07-10-2009, 02:02
I dont think so. Against this nasty black guard unit, screamers can hurt them. Furies definitely cant. Screamers can do anything that furies can, nay more. Furies only come in more numbers, which I don't find to help a whole lot.

I play a list similar to this myself. I love horrors, and bombing people to death with magic. You're definitely on the right track. On paper, that black guard unit is invincible, but even MR3 helps only so much against 5 dice towards a spell. I know that's a ton of dice, but I tend to play warhammer as one would play craps. Throw big, or throw yourself out.

Just cracking that unit bit by bit with screamers could be a good tactic, or ignoring them altogether. Keep in mind, with all of his eggs in one basket, kill the person carrything the basket (ie RBTs, crossbowmen, spearmen, whatever).

Tzeentch Lord X7
08-10-2009, 01:29
all i have to do is kill all of his support units such as his bolt throwers and dark riders and reduce the deathstar to below half and i pretty much have game :)

Maoriboy007
08-10-2009, 03:09
Use flamers and screamers on the Deathstar. There are several sniper spells that allow you to target specific characters, use them to target Hotek Champions. BEars anger will help Kairos actually fight.
Cast lots of low value spells to stretch dispel dice and lower the chance of a miscast.

Tzeentch Lord X7
09-10-2009, 02:16
you cant cast bears anger on kairos because he is not unit strength 1 he's 5

Papawolf
09-10-2009, 18:24
screamer charge should be able to kill a black guard unit champion pretty easy. then u can do whatever the hell u want to do really

John Vaughan
13-10-2009, 02:17
...I wouldn't leave something like that up to chance.

I just played my first daemon game against a magic heavy empire army. Under weight of numbers, he was totally unable to stop the magic. It was greusome, and I'e never beaten anyone so badly. Stick to your guns, and you shall prevail!

Tzeentch Lord X7
13-10-2009, 11:51
how will screamers have a chance of killing a black guard unit champ if he has always strikes first and also the unit has a dreadlord 2 masters and an assasin.

Tzeentch Lord X7
15-10-2009, 15:48
i played his death star on tuesday with my current tzeentch list and i killed the RBT's turn 2 with the screamers and then i had Kairos and my 2 levele two units cast gift of chaos and the heralds cast cleansing flare then flamers shot them to death also for good measure. After that game i decided to retire this list