PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hard-to-find short film...

EmperorEternalXIX
27-08-2009, 02:42
In recently discussing what it's like to be a normal person who players 40k, I brought up a video I saw here once.

It was a short film in which an average was depicted telling his 40k buddies about how things went sour with a woman the day before because she found he plays 40k. His explanation horrified her and she left in a rage, and the guy is distraught.

I could go into more detail but this is the main feature of the film and so it might not be necessary just yet; does this ring any bells? I wanted to show this film to some friends and post it on another forum but can't remember the name of it or find any posts of it.

Grimbad
27-08-2009, 03:19
Only one of several subplots, if this is the one you're looking for...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgJcpZoiXuE

Necronlord3
27-08-2009, 03:58
That was awesome!

BrotherMoses
27-08-2009, 04:10
THAT was awesome! I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the part with the Iron Warriors player using the old codex with a daemon prince and the 4 Heavy's. So funny.

Israfael
27-08-2009, 04:24
The SM player was trying the Wolverine look out, I see. I think his gal pal left for reasons other than WH. ;)

Necronlord3
27-08-2009, 04:31
My favorite part was "...I just tell them if you want to love me you have to love my games.."(not exact quote) I've had this conversation several times.

Logarithm Udgaur
27-08-2009, 04:45
That was pretty funny, especially the greaseball with the Logan hair.

acme2468
27-08-2009, 05:35
I love how the Broken Power Gamer is a Girl LOL

Imperialis_Dominatus
27-08-2009, 06:54
Speaking of which, it showed a FEMALE SPACE MARINE AT THE END *foams at the mouth*

Lothlanathorian
27-08-2009, 07:50
Speaking of which, it showed a FEMALE SPACE MARINE AT THE END *foams at the mouth*

Yes...I saw...

I've pretty come to the conclusion that my epic proportions of nerd are what get me chicks. I'm not even joking. It's like a *******' aphrodisiac or something.

Silentexile
27-08-2009, 08:00
Pariahs at 3:13! The unthinkable has happened!

Iverald
27-08-2009, 08:14
Yes...I saw...

I've pretty come to the conclusion that my epic proportions of nerd are what get me chicks. I'm not even joking. It's like a *******' aphrodisiac or something.

Good for you. *mutter* *mutter*

:p

Logarithm Udgaur
27-08-2009, 08:41

Naw, its all about the swagger. The best way to attract females is be unashamed of anything you do and completely convinced that everyone else is bulldrek.

Lothlanathorian
27-08-2009, 09:36
Naw, its all about the swagger. The best way to attract females is be unashamed of anything you do and completely convinced that everyone else is bulldrek.

Who said arrogance isn't an attractive personality trait :D

Apathy mixed with ADHD very much lead to confidence, my friends. True story.

brotherAkkyshan
27-08-2009, 09:50
That was a actually quite good (high praise indeed!)... love the Sam character :o

So guys which one are you? I must be Colin, married, kids, wife who encourages the hobby 'cos it keeps me quiet and away from the telly! :D

Logarithm Udgaur
27-08-2009, 10:40
I would probably be the guy with the Venom t-shirt. Constantly complaining about the game, but playing it none-the-less. Also, if she is not down with the toy soldiers she can GTFH.

Lothlanathorian
27-08-2009, 10:47
I would probably be the guy with the Venom t-shirt. Constantly complaining about the game, but playing it none-the-less. Also, if she is not down with the toy soldiers she can GTFH.

I am a giant Spider Man nerd and very much unashamed of my hobby. I fall into this category as well. Also, with the complaining but still in it for the last...13 years or so.:cool:

lorbaat
24-10-2009, 01:07
I am a giant Spider Man nerd and very much unashamed of my hobby.

Any huge Spider-Man nerd would have recognized that it's a black-costumed Spidey shirt, not a Venom shirt!

I wrote and directed the film. Thanks for all the kind words, guys! I just noticed that it got a couple hundred views and tracked it back to this thread. It's always nice to hear that it resonates with its intended audience.

JHZ
24-10-2009, 01:39
W00t?! Of course you can have daemon princes with Iron Warriors. In Storm of Iron one of them becomes a daemon prince. That guy don't know what he's talking about.

Liked the Scout heavy bolter on a regular Marine. Looked way better than the regular "No, I'm not compensating for anything!" gun they usually carry.

They had a chick in Iron Warrior armour in Storm of Iron too, so nothing new there.

Logarithm Udgaur
24-10-2009, 02:26
Any huge Spider-Man nerd would have recognized that it's a black-costumed Spidey shirt, not a Venom shirt!

Concidering they look exactly the same, I do not see it as much of an issue.

lorbaat
24-10-2009, 02:31
Concidering they look exactly the same, I do not see it as much of an issue.

Ha! Sorry, it's a joke between myself and the guy who actually owns the shirt (and who the character wearing it is based on). The internet does not transmit irony well.

Logarithm Udgaur
24-10-2009, 04:05
No worries. No offense taken, or meant. I just say the post as was like, wait a minute...

Imperialis_Dominatus
24-10-2009, 11:53
They had a chick in Iron Warrior armour in Storm of Iron too, so nothing new there.

Rather a different debate.