PDA

View Full Version : TK 1k for local tourny

Meraell
27-08-2009, 08:07
Hey guys, I'm having a tourny this saturday and I'm thinking of two different lists, let me know which one you'll choose or if you want to show me a completely new list it'll be more than welcome.

List A:

TP - Cloak, GW
Hiero - Steed, Jar

1 Swam
5 LC
20 Archers - standard

4 Chariots
2 Scorps

SSC - SoF

Total: 997

List B

TP - Cloak, GW
Hiero - Steed, Jar

1 Swam
5 LC
20 Archers - standard

3 Chariots
3 Chariots
Scorp

SSC - SoF

Total: 992

Any tips, advices and opinions are really appreciate it and welcome.

Cheers ;).

lcfr
27-08-2009, 21:19
I have never played as or against TK at this level, but I can tell from trying to compose a list myself that they are pretty difficult to handle in so small a game. To make a 1k list handle well I think that you really need to be able to sink points into reliable units if you're going to go magic light or be willing to go as magic heavy as possible for 1k; the problem w/the second approach is that w/so many points sunk into characters it may be difficult to field the right combination of units, so I think you've generally gone in the right direction.

I like the second list better because of the twin chariot units, and so long as you're using your light cav properly (imo) to redirect chargers then it should do OK. If you're hoping to do anything else w/your light cav then just forget it and invest those 80ish points in extra chariots or other stuff for your TP. Some more archers for your skelly block would be a good idea too, since at only 20strong they will have a hard time hanging around for more than 1 turn in combat (if that).

Nathangonmad
28-08-2009, 01:19
I thought you needed to have a tomb king or prince to make a legal army with tomb kings?

lcfr
28-08-2009, 04:02
TP=Tomb Prince

Nathangonmad
28-08-2009, 22:20
Oh, my bad