PDA

View Full Version : Another attempt, this time WoC: 2250

mr_vespa
27-08-2009, 16:32
After re-reading the WoC FAQ, I had the idea of building a new genre of WoC list, and it also matches the fluff of a short-story I've been working on. Here goes:

Lords:
Chaos Lord (375)
- MoK, mounted on Juggernaut of Khorne
- Enchanted Shield, Chaos Daemonsword, Necrotic Phylactery

Heroes:
Exalted Hero (221)
- MoN, Shield, mounted on a Barded Chaos Steed
- BSB
- Glaive of Putrefaction, Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Favour of the Gods

Chaos Sorcerer (200)
- MoS, Upgrade to level 2 Wizard, mounted on a Steed of Slaanesh
- Dispel Scroll, Power Familiar

Chaos Sorcerer (200)
- MoS, Upgrade to level 2 Wizard, mounted on a Steed of Slaanesh
- Dispel Scroll, Book of Secrets

Core:
Chaos Marauders (84)
- 14 Marauders, GW, Musician, MoS (ranked 7*2, screening Warriors)

Chaos Warriors (352)
- 16 Chaos Warriors, Shields, Halberds, FC, MoN (BSB goes here; ranked 6*3)
- Rapturous Standard

Marauder Horsemen (101)
- 5 Marauder Horsemen, Flails, Throwing Axes, Musician, MoS (Sorcerer goes here)

Marauder Horsemen (101)
- 5 Marauder Horsemen, Flails, Throwing Axes, Musician, MoS (Sorcerer goes here)

Chaos Warhounds (48)
- 8 Chaos Warhounds (screening a MoK Knight unit)

Chaos Warhounds (48)
- 8 Chaos Warhounds (screening a MoK Knight unit)

Special:
Chaos Knights (280)
- 5 Chaos Knights, FC, MoK (Jugger Lord goes here)

Chaos Knights (240)
- 5 Chaos Knights, Musician, MoK

Rare:
No selections

Total point cost: 2250
PD: 8
DD: 4 + 2 Dispel Scrolls + MR1 on Jugger Knight unit

Thoughts:
- Am I investing too many points on characters? I wouldn't think so, considering they all have their respective bunkers/screeening units.
- Is the Lord's build good for all comers? Better options?

Unuhexium
27-08-2009, 20:10
Don't use Bloodskull Pendant on a Chaos Lord. He's awesome in melee so why would you buy an item that bypasses his hittyness and actually make him lamer than he usually is? Use the points from the pendant for something usefull like a Runesword. The combination of Bloodskull Pendant and MoK is just defeating purpose. Except for that, the list looks pretty solid to me. Oh, and see if you can put your Lord on a mount. I can't see how he'll take his points back on foot.

mr_vespa
27-08-2009, 20:35
Problem with mounting a Khorne Lord (if he hangs out with the Warriors) is that he'll be bound by frenzy to charging out of the unit should he get baited (this should not happen because of the Marauder screeners, but you never know...). I prefer bunkering him in an infantry unit instead of a cavalry unit in this case. I agree with your analysis of the Bloodskull Pendant, as it does not benefit from frenzy at all. I see it as a possible alternative, with a bit of mathhammer, to taking care of very dangerous threats (considering it automatically hits anything in B2B with him is quite appealing, even without factoring KB). Although, I wouldn't *always* have to use it. Against rabble or anything the Lord can hit on a 3+, he'd be smacking him with his sword. He also gets to keep the parry bonus since he's using a HW and Shield.

Although, what should I consider using instead of Bloodskull? Runesword is a nice option, agreed. Any other suggestions? Axe of Khorne for the same pts cost as Bloodskull to retain KB and increase my S? I usually like to balance my characters between offense and defense, so things like Jugger + Daemonsword + Talisman of Protection do not appeal to me (I'm also factoring my terrible rolls in dire needs here :p)

Unuhexium
27-08-2009, 21:32
I agree with you about the Daemonsword. I see it as basically giving your opponent half points for your lord. I've had great success with Axe of Khorne. It makes duels VERY short. Roll a 6 to wound and it's case closed. The Runesword is a bit of an allround weapon. Against low Ld armies like skaven and O&G a Filth Mace can be devastating even if it isn't exactly hitty. These three weapons are what I usually use for my melee characters.

Death Korp
27-08-2009, 21:39
I have fun using a Jugger Lord with a Daemonsword, Enchanted Shield and Favor of the Gods. Yes, he can wound himself and be KB'ed, but he can take down units by himself. Not many characters for 370pts can do that.

Cheers,

DK