PDA

View Full Version : Casket of Sorcery

Lord Dan
27-08-2009, 17:02
This is that strange Empire item that captures spells and allows you to release them at their casting value in bound form. I never paid much mind to it when writing lists until I came across a single line:

"The bearer can then cast the captured spell in any of his own following magic phases by releasing it from the casket just as a bound item, whereupon the spell is then removed from the game."

Does this mean that all wizards on the battlefield forget whichever spell you steal and release?

siphon101
27-08-2009, 17:04
This is that strange Empire item that captures spells and allows you to release them at their casting value in bound form. I never paid much mind to it when writing lists until I came across a single line:

"The bearer can then cast the captured spell in any of his own following magic phases by releasing it from the casket just as a bound item, whereupon the spell is then removed from the game."

Does this mean that all wizards on the battlefield forget whichever spell you steal and release?

no, it means you can only use the stored spell once.

nosferatu1001
27-08-2009, 17:08
The spell is lost from the wizard it was stolen from, noone else.

T10
27-08-2009, 18:44
While that isolated part of the item description is non-specific as to the extent, taken in the context it is pretty clear: it deals with the spell being released from the casket.

-T10

Erethor
27-08-2009, 21:40
The item's rules are basically that you remove a spell from a wizard, store it in the casket, you release the spell like a bound item, and the spell is removed from the game. So it seems whatever spell you steal from an enemy wizard, he can no longer use that spell for the rest of the game.