PDA

View Full Version : 2000p Azhag the slaughterer List

Deglosh
27-08-2009, 20:48
I tried to build an Azhag army, with the restrictions of being fast. Some of you that commented on my other post on an azhag list of 2k points, said to me that this army would have to be fast, and i agree. Here is a try on a 2k list with the madman as the general.

Characters!
Azhag the Slaughterer
Slaggas Slashas
Azhags 'Ard Armor
Crown of Sorcery
Skullmuncha
(Large target, Terror, Fly, Poisoned attacks, scaly skin)
450 points

Black Orc BSB (with boar gitz)
Ironback boar
Heavy armor
Armed to da teef
160 points

Orc Shaman (with boar gitz)
Boar
lvl2
2x Dispell scroll
166 points

Night Gobbo Shaman
Gobbo chariot
lvl2
staff of sneaky stealin'
scythed wheels
195 points

Core!
5 Spider Riders
Musician
71 points

5 Spider Riders
Musician
71 points

5 Spider Riders
Musician
71 points

Special unitz!
10 Orc Boar Boyz
Big 'Unz
Musician, Standard
Waaagh! Banner
346 points

Orc Chariot
Scythed wheels
80 points

Orc Chariot
Scythed wheels
80 points

Gobbo Rock Lobba
70 points

Rare!
Snotling Pump Wagon
Stubborn
Immune to psychology
Chariot
Crunch!
40 points

Giant
Large Target
Terror
Stubborn
Longshanks
Fall over
Special Attacks
205 points

Total Powerdice: 8
Total Dispelldice: 5 (+2 dispell scroll)

Total points value: 2000

this looks like crap, huahauhau

Death Korp
27-08-2009, 21:36
To be blunt....

You will be screwed. Even in a friendly game. O&G rely on large units, and you don't have a single big unit. 5 Spider Riders would be handy, but only for a support role. Boar Riders are ok, but you really need some Boyz and Gobbos.

I'd get rid of the spiders, Giant and Boar Riders to add a large unit (or 2) of Orc Boyz, 2 units of N goblins with Fanatics. That way, you'll get more guys, some static CR in your army, which your army lacks. If you have points, stick in the Spiders, as they can be handy.

Remember the GOLDEN rule:

'Boyz before toyz!'

Cheers,

DK

Deglosh
27-08-2009, 21:43
HAHAHAH, Boyz before toys, gotta love it!
Yeah, i guess so, this looks like ****! hehehe

Stuffburger
28-08-2009, 02:45
Yeah, this is probably the single worst O&G list I've ever seen...

Also NG shamans can't ride chariots, only normal goblins can.

Jind_Singh
28-08-2009, 08:23
Yeah, this is probably the single worst O&G list I've ever seen...

Also NG shamans can't ride chariots, only normal goblins can.

I wouldnt go as far as calling it that - the list concept is fine, we just need to tweak it.

Stick with the mounted theme - it wont be the 'Ard Boyz tourment army' but who cares.

My concerns are the boarboy upgrade to big'uns, I'd drop it as it's too expensive.
You need some wolf riders in there, you could even have a unit of 15 with shields so they are no longer fast cav but give you rank bonus - throw them into the combat supported with a flank charge from somewere.
You could even give a character that spear that gives him a bonus for each rank his unit has....
Change the gobbo shaman from nigt gob to reg gob, throw in squig hoppers, drop the rock lobba as it isnt part of the theme, drop a giant in favor of more boar boyz, and give spider riders bows - you'll need them.
Squeeze in more chariots too

So lets see if we can even make a list with all the above! I'd also make a 2250pt list - unless your clubs play 2000pts (ours all do 2250)

Deglosh
28-08-2009, 22:48
im not going to play this list =)

Jind_Singh
29-08-2009, 09:23
not the point though! I was hoping others would help us create a decent all-fast list so I could steal ideas for it when the time comes to upgrade my green horde!

rtunian
29-08-2009, 13:07
a speed freek-esque list?

savage warboss - chariot, light armor, shield, ironclaw's waaagh! cleava - 311
savage big boss - chariot, amulet of protectyness, martog's best basha - 195
orc big boss - bsb, boar, light armor, mork's spirit totem - 163
night goblin shaman - staff of sneaky stealin - 100

28 shield boyz - full command - 198
21 night goblins - music, bows, 2 fanatics - 117
5 spidagits - music, bows - 76
4 snotling bases - 80

orc boar chariot - extra crew - 85
spear chucka - 35
spear chucka - 35

giant - 205

pretty fast, decent magic defense, decent amount of chariots, plenty of screeners. seems good on paper, so to speak. extra crew were to eat up 15 of the last 17 points. snotlings are to screen the bsb's shield boyz from magic/shooting. night gobs are for fanatics if/when bsb's unit gets charged. ng sham hides for the game. giant supports bsb's unit. chariots support each other

Deglosh
30-08-2009, 08:58
Yea its all for the speed this list.
The original idea of the BSB and the boar boyz was to totally smash through something. With 5 or more strenght 5 attacks in the charge for the boyz, 5 or more from the boars, and then the hittier BSB on an Ironback boar for the "chariot-type-dmg".

The fast cavs only use here is to screen of the boar gitz and try to cover the chariots until they get into favorable positions. Maybe try to rework this without biguns status on the boar gitz. =) ita a fun concept to work on though.