PDA

View Full Version : Animosity

Lorquas
28-08-2009, 12:03
Hi

Can someone help!?! I thought that O&G units that are immune to pyschology didn't have to make Animosity rolls? Yet in a Battle report in the latest White Dwarf the Ork player says he failed an animosity test with his Squig Hoppers!??!

Is this right?

Regards,

Lorquas

Arnizipal
28-08-2009, 12:07
Animosity is not part of Psychology. It's a separate test.

Lorquas
28-08-2009, 12:16
Sorry, I don't have my O&G book to hand.

I'm sure at the front it lists various units that don't have to test for animosity: I'm sure it says that units that are immune to psychology don't have to test...

Lorquas

xragg
28-08-2009, 12:37
I dont have the book with me either, but my friend plays them alot. Just certain units dont have to test, nothing to do with ItP. Pretty sure squip hoppas are ItP, but have to test animosity.

rtunian
28-08-2009, 13:21
while i agree that animosity should be considered greenskin psychology, it is not in 7th edition. the book is very clear about whom it applies to:

all of your units on the table are subject to animosity except
-fleeing units
-units in close combat
-units of fewer than five models
-war machines and chariots
-units of snotlings, trolls, giants, and black orcs

Milgram
28-08-2009, 13:41
rtunian, is this really the wording in the book? then this would include DoW units... also I doubt that giants are listed there. there is no such thing as a unit of 5+ giants. allthough this would really bring orcs in line with some other armies. :D

don't have my book here. :)

Axis
28-08-2009, 13:46
the 'units of snotlings, trolls, giants and black orcs' covers the giants bit. The book is clear about which units are exempt from animosity.

rtunian
28-08-2009, 15:05
rtunian, is this really the wording in the book? then this would include DoW units... also I doubt that giants are listed there. there is no such thing as a unit of 5+ giants. allthough this would really bring orcs in line with some other armies. :D

don't have my book here. :)

yes it is really the wording in the book. i would not go so far as to make a nice quote with page number and everything and then get the words wrong. maybe a typo, but not incorrect info

dogs of war are not greenskins, so they would not be subject to greenskin army rules any more than they would be subject to empire army rules or dwarf army rules.

yes, i know it says "all of your units on the table except" and then the except part doesn't list dogs of war. however, dogs of war isn't listed anywhere in the o&g book. there is literally no mention of dogs of war. however, this is still the greenskin bestiary rule, and dogs of war are not part of the greenskin bestiary, so it wouldn't make sense to me that they would be subject to another army's army-wide rules.

the Nurge
28-08-2009, 15:55
yes it is really the wording in the book. i would not go so far as to make a nice quote with page number and everything and then get the words wrong. maybe a typo, but not incorrect info

dogs of war are not greenskins, so they would not be subject to greenskin army rules any more than they would be subject to empire army rules or dwarf army rules.

yes, i know it says "all of your units on the table except" and then the except part doesn't list dogs of war. however, dogs of war isn't listed anywhere in the o&g book. there is literally no mention of dogs of war. however, this is still the greenskin bestiary rule, and dogs of war are not part of the greenskin bestiary, so it wouldn't make sense to me that they would be subject to another army's army-wide rules.

Exactly. :)

Braad
28-08-2009, 16:46
I can only confirm that rtunian is absolutely right.
ItP has never stopped animosity. I got 3 different O&G books here, and none of them ever mentioned something like that. I believe 6th edition actually had a mention of savages specifically that, due to being all frenzied and ItP, that they are actually more likely to suffer from it...

Dogs of War don't follow O&G armyrules, just as orcs don't follow DOW armyrules.

Milgram
29-08-2009, 08:54
sorry rtunian. checked it myself now. :) still, I feel the wording is odd.