PDA

View Full Version : Empire VHS + Shield of the gorgon question

Chaplainen
28-08-2009, 15:01
Hi.
My Arch Lector is equipped with VHS (Van Horstmann's speculum) and the shield of the gorgon and this gives rise to a question.

The VHS switches some stats with a challenging opponent and one of them is Attacks. The Shield of the Gorgon makes one opponent in base contact with the Lector lose one attack.

So, in a challenge, will the shield give my opponent a total of 1 attack (Lectors 2 minus 1, i.e. the VHS applies first and the shield second), or does this reduce my opponents number of attacks by 1 before the VHS switch and therefore gives ME one less attack with VHS?

Sirroelivan
28-08-2009, 15:13
I don't know the exact wording of VHS, but, if it exchanges stats, it would probably not include any modifiers.

stripsteak
28-08-2009, 15:36
you swap base stats, not modified stats. so he would fight with your 2 attacks, then -1 for the shield for that.

Chaplainen
28-08-2009, 16:16
you swap base stats, not modified stats. so he would fight with your 2 attacks, then -1 for the shield for that.

Thanks alot for the help :)

PARTYCHICORITA
28-08-2009, 16:18

that's correct and also quiet nasty.

Chaplainen
28-08-2009, 18:43
that's correct and also quiet nasty.

Indeed... especially to the likes of Khornate Lords and such :)