PDA

View Full Version : 2250pts Vampire Counts 'Spectral' Armylist (no ethereals units)

thebaz
29-08-2009, 12:23
Ok I just wrote this list and I really want to try it out but would love to see what everyone has to say.

Vampire Lord, Abyssal Terror, lvl 3, WD, AoD, RF, Dreadlance, and Wristbands of Black Gold -575 pts

Vampire, DA, SG, Hand of Dust -190 pts

Vampire, DA, LotD, Tomb Blade, The Flayed Hauberk -205 pts

Vampire, DA, LotD, BSB -165

31 Zombies, Command -136 pts

15 Skeletons, Full Command -140 pts

15 Skeletons, Full Command -140pts

15 Ghouls, Ghast -128 pts

Corpse Cart(75), Unholy Lodestone(25) -100 pts

18 Grave Guard, Full Command -246 pts

15 Grave Guard, Great Weapons, Full Command 225 pts

TOTAL: 2250 pts

Pretty Straight forward lots of magics, and hard hitting units of the lord on Abyssal Terror, and the 2 units of Grave Guard. People usually dont like the idea of a large unit of Zombies but It has served me amazingly well, people are scared cuz of its large size and use up large amounts power dice on them, or they ignore them and they will tie up units for several turns

zeekill
29-08-2009, 13:14
Drop the Abyssal terror it is horrible for its points. I have been trying it out alot for the past 3 weeks (I go to gws about 2-4x a week and play 2 games on average there) and it is terrible. If you shoot at it for a turn it will go down, seeing as its a large target and only has T5 with 4 wounds and NO SAVE! It could have been good if they gave it Regen or a scaly skin 3+ but no. They didnt.

Also always take rare choices with vampire counts. The rare choices are just spectacular in their book. I prefer a unit of Wraiths and Blood Knights but you seem sturdy on not taking ethereals so just take blood knights. Why? Proxy a unit of blood knights in your next game and charge them into your opponent's scariest unit. Each blood knight gets 3 attacks at WS5 S7 on the charge, and each horse gets 2 attacks at WS3 S4. That unit will not exist for long!

thebaz
29-08-2009, 13:25
Thats why I took Wristbands of Blackgold giving a 3+ save, so the Idea is being a flying unit that I would almost always be charging, and then Vamp and Mount will cleave thru as much as they can and hopefully win combat res.

zeekill
29-08-2009, 13:37
Thats why I took Wristbands of Blackgold giving a 3+ save, so the Idea is being a flying unit that I would almost always be charging, and then Vamp and Mount will cleave thru as much as they can and hopefully win combat res.

I think the ward save only applies to him and not his mount...

seraphius
29-08-2009, 13:41
I think the ward save only applies to him and not his mount...

Aye.. Character ONLY.. not the mount get`s the benefits from the wristbands.

azindal
29-08-2009, 14:25
Aye.. Character ONLY.. not the mount get`s the benefits from the wristbands.

Thats correct and Zeekill said, the Abyssal Terror is awefull for its points.
And sticking your general on a large paper bag isnt the best plan.

List looks good other than that :evilgrin:

I would however use the points from the Terror and give your Bsb either a magic banner or magic items, Points permiting another Cart too.

thebaz
29-08-2009, 20:36
bah lol I suck with my Carts lol I always manage to forget about the Bound spell during the magic phase and only remember it in the CC o.O I have a terrible memory lol.
as to the ward save not counting to the mount. I honestly do not care about the mount since The Vampire would be my Genereal and it would be more beneficial for my enemy to try to kill my General so my army would crumble.

thebaz
29-08-2009, 21:08
So I adjusted my list threw out the Abyssal Terror and Ghouls and added a Zombie Dragon so that I can also have the fun of converting one.

Vampire Lord -Zombie Dragon, +1 Magic Lvl, WD, AoD, RF, Dreadlance, Wristbands of Black Gold -715 pts

Vampire -DA, LotD, Tomb Blade, The Flayed Hauberk -195 pts

Vampire -DA, LotD, BSB, Warbanner -195 pts

31 Zombies -Command -136 pts

15 Skelletons -Full Command -140 pts

15 Skelletons -Full Command -140 pts

Corpse Cart, Lodestone -100 pts

16 Grave Guard -Full Command -246 pts

15 Grave Guard -Full Command, Great Weapons -225pts

Varghulf 175 pts
TOTAL 2248

Nathangonmad
29-08-2009, 23:05
I think your list is illigal there mate, you've got 1 lord and 4 heroes (with the dragon).

thebaz
30-08-2009, 07:39
bah I keep doin that lol thnx for noticing that haha total brain fart there.

corrected it now