PDA

View Full Version : All infantry High Elves- which list and why

the gribbly
31-08-2009, 22:15
So I am having some indecision issues on which list to take for my next series of games. Am looking for some opinions on which list you prefer and why. My usual opponents are magic heavy (12+ pd) vcs x 2, wizards of chaos, and DEs of all extremes sans dragon.
I would like to stick with all infantry, at least for now. Heres the lists:

List 1
Archmage- lvl 4, F.robes, S.wand, loremasters cloak
Mage- lvl 2, seerstaff, scroll
Noble- bsb, b.steed, da, sh, HoF, SoM

(18) spear elves, std, musician (5 wide)
(17) spear elves, std, musician (5 wide)

(18) phoenix guard, fc, banner of sorcery, GoC (bsb)
(12) swordmasters, std, bladelord, std of balance, AoL (archmage)
(12) swordmasters, std, lion std (mage)

3 x RBT
Great eagle

Total- 2250

List 2
Archmage- lvl 4, F.robes, S.wand, loremasters cloak
Mage- lvl 2, seerstaff, scroll
Noble- bsb, GW, AoC
Caradryan

(17) spear elves, std, musician (5 wide)
(10) archers

(12) white lions, fc, banner of sorcery (bsb + caradryan)
(12) swordmasters, std, bladelord, std of balance, AoL (archmage)
(12) swordmasters, std, bladelord, lion std, ToL (mage)

3 x RBT
Great eagle

Total- 2249

So basicly each lists brings 9-11 pd (double metal lore FTW), 3 units immune to fear and the rest close to identical. The problem im really having is whether to go with the uber WL unit putting out 9 s6 attacks and 3 s5 flaming attacks a turn stubborn with lower model count and less survivable to damage, or the larger more survivable PG unit who is not stubborn and puts out only 3 s5 and 5 s4 attacks but packs static res 5, fear, 4+ ward saves.

What do you say? Thanks in advance. -grib

Dark14
31-08-2009, 23:34
i would take parts from both. go with something like

Archmage, 2xmages and a noble for characters it will give a great magic phase with banner of sorc. Take Ring of fury to it always makes up its points for me.

run the spears 6 wide and 3 ranks the attacks are worth it with asf and the small unit of archers is great for cheap core and taking ranks off the enemy for later. The PG are niec with a noble to great unit for static CR love it. For the rest mabey drop the eagle and make the swordmasters 1 unit of 18 6x3 ranks.