19 Warriors standard and champion 172pts

19 Hammerers standard and champion master rune of grungi 308pts
16 Ironbreakers standard and champion rune of battle 257pts
2 cannons one with flaming 185pts

2 organ guns 240pts

total pts: 1995
dispell dice:7 and other guys at -1 powerdice

Lord goes with hammers. one RP and thane with IB last RP with warriors
Good Ammount of shooting to force him at me and weaken the enemy severly before combat. With the Ironbreakers and Hammerers running close it will be a wall of steel to get through that wont be running ld10 re rollable and the hammers are stubborn. The hammers witht he lord should win any combat in 2rounds even if charged(5st5 from the unit 6st6 from the lord) and the breakers are great static CR with 4st4(unit) 2st6(RP)3st6(Thane). Ihave used this list twice and done great both times but want to see what other people think i was very shy of using ironbreakers but i fell in love with them quickly.

Dark14
01-09-2009, 04:29
anyone? anything?
bump

Dark14
06-09-2009, 22:15
bump........

Gaargod
06-09-2009, 23:24
No armour on lord or heroes? Your lord is in pretty cheap mode so far (though respectably hitty at WS7 S6 A6) so could well afford to take Gromril rune. Or, if you want that on BSB (see below), shieldbearers + shield + rune of stone isn't bad for 33pts.

BSB is illegal. Can't take a great weapon if you take BSB (dwarfies being old book). Give him 1+ armour and maybe some runes to help him hit stuff, if you have spare points.

Why quarellers? Thunderers are better. If it wasn't for dwarf handguns being +1 to shoot, then fine.

Cannons should have forging, it majorly improves their reliability.

To get some points, do you need the extra 4 thunderers? Do you need the extra runesmith? Giving the current one the dispel scroll and drop the 2nd one.

Dark14
07-09-2009, 06:45
BSB can have the gw if he has no magic banner. good idea on the second RS though

tricker53
07-09-2009, 12:41
no, he can have runic gear if he doesnt take a runic standard. gaargod is correct. give him gromril, resistance and might. i love this combo. 1+ rerollable armour and S8 under certain circumstances.

swap one of those fury runes on the lord for snorri spanglehelm, math hammer says hitting on 2s with 5A is better than 3s for 6A. similarly 3s with 5A trumps 4s with 6A.

2 runesmiths is overkill. i second kitting the first with scroll and ditching the second.

id swap 1 cannon for a pair of bolt throwers, and give the other one rune of forging. this rune is just downright awesome; 1/36 chance of misfire as opposed to 1/6, and a mere 1/216 chance you kill yourself from a misfire!

with regards to 2 bolt throwers, good old engineer + penetrating is good (1 with burning to make it legal).

id swap the quarellers for thunderers, drop the other unit down to 10, and give all 20 shields.

i personally feel the ironbreaker unit could do with some more static res. . . id go a full unit of 23 (+2 characters). this should be a static CR of 7 (3 ranks, standard, BSB, rune of battle, outnumber).

lcfr
07-09-2009, 14:19
Lord Master GW rune of kraag the grim 2xrunes of fury 221pts
Thane bsb GW 94pts
Runesmith gw master rune of balance 124pts
Runesmith gw 94pts

Your Lord can hit pretty hard but he's really lacking protection; you don't want 321VPs resting on T5 and a 4+ AS. Like others have said, your Thane loses the option to take extra weapons (like a GW) once he is upgraded to the BSB. That said, this guy is a critical component of your battle line and needs s'more respect! He needs some runic armour that will keep him in the fight and maybe 20-25pts spent on a runic axe that can see him add a kill or two to your combat res.

Not sure 2 runesmiths are necessary, as others have mentioned. Drop the naked one and add a scroll to the one carrying the MRBalance. Also, I wouldn't advise GWs on your Runesmith since he now becomes much more vulnerable in cc; hw+shield is a safer bet, since the moment you lose this guy your dispel pool will take a hit.

10 Quarrellers 110pts
14 Thunderers 196pts

Shields! They'll make a world of difference should the enemy come to grips w/them.

19 Warriors standard and champion 172pts

Dwarfs win combats not by scoring tons of kills but by simply not dying and racking up static combat res. They can't do this well in such few numbers and w/out the best option available to them: shields. I'd suggest bumping this unit up to at least 23 and equipping them w/shields. I can tell also that you're not fond of musicians, why not?

19 Hammerers standard and champion master rune of grungi 308pts
16 Ironbreakers standard and champion rune of battle 257pts

The Hammerers are looking good (why no shields, do you like their GWs?), I'm not a fan of MRGrungni myself but there's nothing wrong w/it. The Ironbreakers are looking a little small and should probably have either RStoicism or RCourage to help them against Fear causing enemies.

2 cannons one with flaming 185pts

Whether or not you want to swap one of these for a pair of BTs is up to you...it's an issue of personal preference since they'll both get the job done against monsters/large targets.

I think the main problem with your list is that all your characters are extremely vulnerable and that, aside from your Ironbreakers (who are a little bit 'slim' and lacking protection from Fear) your other two combat blocks will be hard pressed to win combats using only their heavy armour for defense.