PDA

View Full Version : Individual tyranids

Vampiric16
01-09-2009, 18:12
I know tyranids dont have special characters as a rule, but does anyone have a tyranid they've painted/converted/named that stands out from their armies? Or perhaps just a certain model that tends to do particularly well during a game?
I have two; one is a carnifex armed with close combat goodies that has survived combat with nearly every monstrous creature or dreadnought its faced, even surviving a combat involving three killa kans, an avatar and a keeper of secrets.
My other is an albino tyrant, with a carapace thats got a colour scheme which is the reverse of the one on my other nids.
Any other contributions?

Urath
01-09-2009, 18:36
I once used a store Carnifex that killed an Ork Stompa. I guess that could count, afraid it wasn't painted in any unique colours though.

grissom2006
01-09-2009, 18:51
They used to have Characters Old One Eye nasty Carnifex from the battle for Macragge,
and The Red Terror which was a Ravener.

Abaddonshand
01-09-2009, 18:53
I'll generally put more detail into bigger models, but that's about it. On the note of good performances, I can't ever remember my Walking-CC Tyrant with two guards being killed... although he generally lacks in the accuracy dept. regarding warp blast.

Marshal Sinclair
01-09-2009, 21:48
All my Nids are pretty unique I think, but my Flyrant most of all. Take a look, you can see it on post 17.

Sinclairs Nid'zilla Showcase (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187289)

squeekenator
01-09-2009, 22:16
My Hive Tyrant is a big snake-tyrant made by gluing his tail to the base, putting more scything talons where his legs should go and giving him the Carnifex acid maw head, since that looks more fearsome and gribbly. I wish I had a camera that connected to my computer, since it's something you have to see to appreciate, but it's a giant taloned beast of death. My first real conversion and the only one that turned out exactly how I wanted it to. :)

dude37
01-09-2009, 23:44
i have never seen a carnifex die so i guess that all them i play with (and against) are like heros. like this one time i had two turns to kill one with 2 vanquishers and a ton of lascannons and missle launchers, but i couldnt :wtf: they're freaking invinsible!!

MasterDecoy
02-09-2009, 00:59
I call my broodlord "The Stalker" becoause when I play with him, he always seems to outflank on the right side.

Many, many, many squads have fallen at his hands :P

HsojVvad
02-09-2009, 01:21
All my Nids are pretty unique I think, but my Flyrant most of all. Take a look, you can see it on post 17.

Sinclairs Nid'zilla Showcase (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187289)

Yes that is wicked. At first I thought it was a Carni dressed up as a Tyrant. Took closer look and now I see yeah it's the FW Flyrant. Beautiful. How much did the hole set cost you off ebay if you don't mind me asking? Also did you do it or was it already painted?

Did you give your Flyrant a name? Who ever went against it, they would have a name for it, so make one up for it. It deserves it.

When ever I get around to it, I will be giving my MC special names.

Marshal Sinclair
02-09-2009, 01:27
It's not the FW Flyrant. It's a regular GW Tyrant, with parts of the FW Carnifex (the wrecker claws one) on his back (those bits you see patruding above the head) and Balrog wings. It's got armour plates attached to his legs.

Tyranids don't give themselves names. I shall leave it to the hordes of Guardsmen and Marines he kills to do that.

HsojVvad
02-09-2009, 02:05
Tyranids don't give themselves names. I shall leave it to the hordes of Guardsmen and Marines he kills to do that.

Got a question for you. How did they get the name Tyranids? I don't think they named themselves Tyranids did they? It was the Imperium who did.

So who ever was going against the Hive, could have seen this one Moster all the time, and he was so terrifying or destructive, that they gave him a name, Like Old One Eye or The Red Terror. tyranids didn't give them a name either but they have one.

So if Tyranids get a Special or character name, it dosn't mean it's an individual, just that the species or that one creature got a name for what it did.

Angelwing
02-09-2009, 02:23
All my hive tyrants are named 1 of 6, 2 of 6 etc, the idea shamelessly pinched from star trek.
I run old one eye, the red terror and death leaper too.
I have a tooled up genestealer brood and a tooled up carnifex that have the suffix ' O'Doom ' used for them.
Nothing else is named, but one of my 2nd edition lictors has an ongoing grudge / duel against a buddies space marine captain that has been running for over ten years!

MadHatter
02-09-2009, 02:25
I have a broodlord which seems to do well in the games when I use him. he does die in games but he usually always takes down the opponents prized character.

My favorite memory is the tournamnet game where he and his retunie killed Marneus Calgar and his body guard before they even got to strike back. (it was 4th edition) the teen broke down and cried. I had mixed emotions, I did not want the teen to feel bad but dam it was great killing Marneus and shutting the kid up about how he was unstoppable. To bad he moved him within charge range.