PDA

View Full Version : 2250 orcs

ivrg
01-09-2009, 17:15
Check this list out pls. My idea is to make as good use of the waagh movement and of frenzy as possible.

Savage Orc Big Boss
General; Frenzy; Choppa; Light Armour; Warpaint
Enchanted Shield
Ulag's Akk'rit Axe
1 Boar

Savage Orc Big Boss
Frenzy; Choppa; Light Armour; Warpaint; Shield
Martog's Best Basha
1 Boar Chariot

Black Orc Big Boss
Spear; Heavy Armour; Shield
Guzzla's Backbone Brew
Sword of Might
1 Boar Chariot

Night Goblin Shaman
Magic Level 1; Little Waagh
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

25 Orc Boyz
Choppa; Light Armour; Shield; FCG

20 Savage Boyz
Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Choppa; Warpaint;FCG

20 Savage Boyz
Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Choppa; Warpaint; FCG

5 Goblin Wolf Riders
Spear; Short Bow; Light Armour; Musician

5 Goblin Spider Riders
Spear; Short Bow; Shield; Musician

12 Black Orcs
Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Nogg's Banner of Butchery

2 Spear Chukka

6 Savage Boar Boyz
Frenzy; Choppa; Spear; Warpaint; Shield; FCG
Gorks Waaagh Banner

1 Wolf Chariot

1 Giant

1 Doom Diver

Casting Pool: 3

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 113

Total Army Cost: 2236

rtunian
01-09-2009, 17:30
your black orc big boss has a spear and a magic weapon. there is no case where he will be able to use the spear.

are you putting general in the boar boyz unit? you should give the boar boyz the butchery and the blorcs the waaagh! because the blorcs have a small charge range, but the boar boyz do not.

ivrg
01-09-2009, 18:06
ops, thats just a miss with the black orcs spear.
Yes maybe i should switch banner to make better use of the waagh banner.
I will trust your thinking on this. Yes, the general goes into the boar boyz unit.

Felworth
01-09-2009, 18:17
I like this list, very "smash em quick and good." Mork bless Savage Orc Boar boyz and Savage Orc Chariots...

Only concern I see would be enemy magic. I know thats what the Dispel Goblin is for which should keep you clear of anything too nasty for a turn or so but a turn of bad animosity and your infantry won't be able to catch up to your mounted troops who then have to decide between hoping to break opposing units on the charge or wait for reinforcements...

I'd suggest putting a blorc BSB with Mork's Totem in the choppa/shield Orc unit for added magical defense and trading the Night Goblin Shaman with a regular Goblin shaman in a chariot. A loss of hitting power I know but you'll be doubling your defensive abilities plus the Orc mob will better keep up with the mounted stuff and the blorc mob.