PDA

View Full Version : Waaagh!!!!

Lord Dan
01-09-2009, 18:41
I'm referring in this case to the Orc spell. Has this been FAQ'd? I can't find anything on it, and right now the ambiguity of the spell implies that things like artillery crews and fantatics move as well, which is just silly. Also it's kind of insane to think that a M4 unit of infantry could potentially move 26 inches in one turn if the general called a Waaagh! (and they then rolled a 6 for their move), they marched 8 inches, and rolled 12 for their movement from the spell.

Thoughts?

nosferatu1001
01-09-2009, 19:12
Everything moves. Yes, it is "silly", but unlikely to happen (average is 18.5, which is stilla lot) and is fine - in fact if they do get maz move it means Gork (or is it mork?) really, really likes them :)

Nurgling Chieftain
01-09-2009, 19:16
Ambiguous? IIRC it actually states outright that warmachine crews leave their machines. It's the great green, man!

Witchblade
01-09-2009, 19:37
Ambiguous? IIRC it actually states outright that warmachine crews leave their machines. It's the great green, man!
It states it quite explicitly, yes.

'ERE WE GO!

Harwammer
01-09-2009, 21:13
You could get further if you rolled hand of gork on a few shaman too :P

Milgram
02-09-2009, 04:15
there is nothing to prevent multiple waaaghs in one turn. there is no 'singularity' for the spell as it is with all the other movement spells.

IrishDelinquent
02-09-2009, 04:22
You are concerned about Orcs moving fast thanks to calling a WAAAGH!! and then casting the WAAAGH!! spell in the same turn?! Why?! The Waaagh!! spell sends our war machine crews flying off into fast cav and flanking unit we have no chance of hurting, and sends defensive units (night goblin archers) into elite combat units. Plus, I can't tell you how many times I've called the Waaagh!!, only to have multiple units squabble, take 5 or 6 casualties, panic and flee. Hell, if the squabbling unit is lead by a Black Orc character, they could hypothetically lose 12 models (which sucks for boar boyz)!

Quite frankly the Orcs need all the help they can get these days. The ability to move fast thanks to a 12+ spell isn't that big a deal.

Lord Dan
02-09-2009, 05:17
If you're concerned about your war machines and archers advancing when you don't want them to then you need to invest some more points in chariots and orcs. It's not that they get to move, it's that they can move (apparently) multiple times in the same magic phase, have ASF when they get into combat, and reroll to hit. More importantly fanatics get to move in the direction of the nearest enemy unit without risking blowing up on double of a number. That and the fact that it's the ENTIRE army means this spell is just insane for being cast on a 12+.

I guess it's not remotely ambiguos, I was just hoping that there was no way it's as good as it apparently is.

Milgram
02-09-2009, 08:01
it gets even better - when you play 2vs2 and your team partners units are considered 'friendly units'. however, this depends on your local 2vs2 rulings. ogres tend to get harder when teaming with a waaagh list! ;)

Deglosh
03-09-2009, 07:07
If you're concerned about your war machines and archers advancing when you don't want them to then you need to invest some more points in chariots and orcs. It's not that they get to move, it's that they can move (apparently) multiple times in the same magic phase, have ASF when they get into combat, and reroll to hit. More importantly fanatics get to move in the direction of the nearest enemy unit without risking blowing up on double of a number. That and the fact that it's the ENTIRE army means this spell is just insane for being cast on a 12+.

I guess it's not remotely ambiguos, I was just hoping that there was no way it's as good as it apparently is.

Comon! this is a great spell wich in detail explains everything it does. The only thing that could change anything is a new publishing of the army book itself.

And lets not get to excited. If you like complaining about overpowerd spells, take a look at the chaos Tzeench spells ;) that aught to make you quiet

Lord Dan
03-09-2009, 08:09
The spell is nuts. The fact that tzeench spells are also insanely good doesn't make this spell any less good.

Condottiere
03-09-2009, 08:49
It's one of those uncertainty factors that makes facing O&G so unpredictable, especially, if you happen to be trying to line up charges of your own.

Axis
04-09-2009, 02:11
Its a good spell but it is hard to cast. Certainly, it is potentially game-winning. However, throwing lots of dice at greenskin spells can be very dangerous given their miscast table. Also big spells that don't irresistible tend to get scrolled.

So, yes, it is a great spell. But given the nature of a) orc casting being inherently dangerous and b) the prevalence of scrolls it is not as bad as you think.