PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else looking forward to Gamesday?

Harry
01-09-2009, 20:47
I can't wait. :D

What are you looking forward to the most?

What last minute changes can GW make to improve your GD experience?

reds8n
01-09-2009, 21:04
Open the bars.

Even just a single bar, and restrict it to...ohh... 21 years +.

Looking forward to seeing and speaking to the design studio lot, spending a little bit more money than I'd intended, and chatting to the BL guys.

Be cool to catch up with a few people from here/around as well.

Joewrightgm
01-09-2009, 21:27
Have fun is all I can say. The fact that the venue has a bar(s) attached or nearby would make for a great time, as well as a preponderance of studio people meeting the fans.

One day, I will go back to the land of my ancestors . . . and absorb myself with the playing of little army men.

orlanth1000
01-09-2009, 22:02
I was hoping my business would have sold quickly (damn negotiations,lawyers and accountants...bah), I was going whip over for it ( I mean family holiday in the UK dear).
I am very jealous of everyone going......

Temprus
01-09-2009, 22:23
What last minute changes can GW make to improve your GD experience?Location, location, location! They still have time, I hear the Las Vegas Strip is pretty cheap this time of year! ;)

melgorth
01-09-2009, 23:06
Even just a single bar, and restrict it to...ohh... 21 years +.

Nah 18+ or nothing I say:p

I'm looking forward to a great day out with friends, with lots of terrain building. Would like to get to chat with people from the design studio and black library too if I get a chance. I will may also attempt to not spend too much money.

orlanth1000
01-09-2009, 23:13
Location, location, location! They still have time, I hear the Las Vegas Strip is pretty cheap this time of year! ;)

I've been to a few trade shows in vegas.....my lord, that would be a place to hold gamesday. :evilgrin:

Son_of_Ithaka
01-09-2009, 23:20
Yup can't wait... gonna take my Ltd Edition 'Only in Death' to Mr Abnett and get it signed and blow a wad of my cash on the new Wolves stuff!!!!

Oh and if you see a guy sat leaning against the Big SM passed out, with a bottle of whiskey in a brown paper bag then it's probably me!!! :p

melgorth
01-09-2009, 23:46
Will you share the whiskey if we ask nicely?:p

Commissar Goddard
02-09-2009, 00:15
looking forward to buying the core of my Death Korps heavy infantry company, was planning standard platoons, but cried when i worked out price for two full ones, so engineers the way to go. besides that mr Abbnett again, as long as he doesn't go for lunch again when i'm stood right near the front of the queue.../cry

Chaos and Evil
02-09-2009, 00:28
I think it would be awesome if there was a staffer with 5000 bits of paper.

On those bits of paper would be written:

"Which classic model would you like brought back to the online store?"

Whichever model got the most votes would be put back into production.

Mannimarco
02-09-2009, 00:43
looking forward to the lines at the forgeworld stand, best moshpit ive ever been in last year, like going to see Slayer only far scarier and resulting in more internal injuries

cyphertheory
02-09-2009, 11:51
my first one in about 7 years, and the last time i went i was staff, so im a bit apprehensive having heard the stories from the other games days this year. new releases are not my bag, but i think i might have to hit up the forgeworld stand for some bits and bobs for my ultramarines

overall im going back to sample it and see if its worth coming back next year, and what has changes since i last went. i hope there are speed-painting tables with people shouting waaaggghhh til they are horse lol

OutOfContext
02-09-2009, 17:10
The annual Forge World scrum, obviously :D
As Mannimarco said, it is the best moshpit around.

Also, blowing silly amounts of money on 'Ooh shiny!' stuff like normal and meeting a few of the guys from here for the first time :)

Corrode
02-09-2009, 17:42
I haven't been to a Games Day since I was 12, so I'm looking forward to actually understanding what's going on this time - and it'll be a fresh new experience really since I barely remember 2002!

Finn Sourscowl
02-09-2009, 18:58
20 years of Warhammer and this is my first GD - so I'm looking forward to everything!

Is the FW stand really that bad??

kairous
02-09-2009, 19:28
20 years of Warhammer and this is my first GD - so I'm looking forward to everything!

Is the FW stand really that bad??

depends what time you go in :P

When i went last year staff said pick up your FW reservations near the end, me and a mate went their first and we still queued for about an hour.

I have been twice, last year and the year before, been doing the hobby since the original two towers release, but i don't think i will be going this year.

rich1231
02-09-2009, 19:46
My last one was 1987 the year Aliens was released.

orkz222
02-09-2009, 19:55
Need to see shiny new models - SW and skaven

philbrad2
02-09-2009, 21:05
Indeed ... may I take this opportunity to direct members here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205551) :evilgrin:

PhilB
:chrome:

Kriegfreak
03-09-2009, 04:04
Someone pick me up a Krieg commissar on Death Rider please.

Binky
03-09-2009, 08:23
Just looking at my calendar and realised that, based on my guess of the Skaven release date as 7th Nov (GW seem to do the main release each month on the first weekend of the month) then the Skaven will go up for pre-order the day before Games Day, so could that mean they may even be availbale to buy at GD?

Had been thinking about going, but haven't got round to getting a ticket yet, still umming and aahing, went two years ago and two years before that but haven't got anything new to enter in the Golden Daemon this year so not sure. Would like a few of the FW show only models though...

warhammergrimace
03-09-2009, 10:02
I'll be wandering around in an Irregular Magazine Hoodie, most likely to find me at the conversion table, forgeworld or looking at the pretty models in the Golden Demon cabinets.

snurl
03-09-2009, 10:34
Maybe they will have some previews of upcoming releases again?

Maybe someone who attends will post photos?

Finn Sourscowl
03-09-2009, 14:43
Does anyone know if the Skaven stuff will be available at GD? I would imagine not, but I'll be impressed if they are :)

Haunted_Undead
03-09-2009, 15:56
Im looking forward to it. Was there 07 but missed last year. Should be a good one I hope

Lord Malorne
03-09-2009, 16:01
So, who is going to a seminar?

:D

reds8n
03-09-2009, 18:31
Seminar two for me.

..must replace my hipflask !

RevEv
03-09-2009, 18:49
I'm looking forward to it as

a) It's my first GD for a while (last one was at the NIA).
b) I've a seminar ticket
c) Space Puppies may be there
d) It's the last activity in a long, insane month of work related travel so I know I'll have some breathing space after.... to enjoy all the wonderful goodies I pick up at GD.

As for the FW scrum... can't wait. All those years at Rugby Club bars come in to their own:evilgrin:

sharky 10
04-09-2009, 20:22
Im looking forward to it but if its like last years its going to be rubbish.

BigBadBull
04-09-2009, 20:46
I'm just hoping that all that go have a better time than every one else that has attended one this year.

They have sucked bad so far this year... Here is to hoping that some thing good come out of GD in it's home country.

FW already popped its "little" surprise today.... Chaos Reaver for sale there.

Bob5000
05-09-2009, 14:33
Yep , I am looking forward to 'Gamesday' this year as this year I am not going :D

Its too expensive to put up with the un-neccesarily long wait to get in , and the law of diminishing returns , when first time its fresh and great , the second still good , then the third ... ho hum......

Messiahnide
05-09-2009, 17:42
Oh and if you see a guy sat leaning against the Big SM passed out, with a bottle of whiskey in a brown paper bag then it's probably me!!! :p

can i join you on that whiskey and make two drunken worcester boys passed out on the statue :D

thinkerman
05-09-2009, 17:53
Meh, will be nothing special once again, got my tickets and probs end up with the forgeworld event models, new vraks book (will ebay once done) but thats about it

Oneofmany
05-09-2009, 20:23
hehehehe. can not wait.

The fun will start on Saturday airplain to GW HQ to do some shopping then we will go to by train to Notthingham grabe a hotel.
Sunday will be a urly day and a flight back to home after the show.

Thanks One:cool:

RevEv
06-09-2009, 20:09
I'm biking it, which will severely limit the size of the purchases but, as I still have models I bought pre-release years ago that are still unmade, I doubt I'd be going for too much pre-release stuff anyway.

Mind you, forge world will get a hit and, perhaps, a book or two. Be nice to meet Dan Abnett, we have a mutual friend.

Glabro
06-09-2009, 22:44
Hmm, so six hours (at most) of a convention is worth all the fuss and cost? I don't know....our normal club sessions run for longer than that.

King Vyper
07-09-2009, 03:50
Games Day has become a joke. Even the GD painting contest has become tainted.

scarletsquig
07-09-2009, 08:16
Tainted? How so?

xowainx
07-09-2009, 10:12
At a recent event in the US, someone entered a model they had got a pro-painter to paint on commission and won (possibly more than one award, I can't be bothered to look it up), thus a lot of people were bummed out when the truth was discovered after the event. I'm pretty sure that as soon as it was found out, GW eliminated him from the competition and reinstated people who had actually painted their models, which is pretty much the best they could've done in the situation.

I'm geniuinely looking forward to Games Day this year, i've really enjoyed the last couple i've been too and hopefully it'll be the same this year, although I wish I could avoid the queue at the start somehow!

Harry
07-09-2009, 20:31
There was no way anyone could have known that a model was not painted by the person who entered it.
These things are done on trust.
I can't see how they could have responded any better.

I honestly don't see how the actions of one individual can possibly 'taint' the competition.
The Golden Demon remains the best miniature painting competition in the world.

It was wrong of you to question the integrity of the competition (and by implication it's organisers and judges by the simple off hand comment you made). A lot of people have worked very hard for a lot of years to make it such a great competition. They can not be held responsible for the actions of others.

Son_of_Ithaka
07-09-2009, 20:32
Will you share the whiskey if we ask nicely?:p

If I'm coherent enough you can ask, if I'm dead to the world then you may as well try and pry it from my dead drunk fingers :p

can i join you on that whiskey and make two drunken worcester boys passed out on the statue :D

YEAH! The more the merrier! We need to keep the assumption that we Worcesterites are hardcore drinkers somehow!!! :D

BTW... Might I know who you are?? You regular enough at the local store? I'm there everyday after work.

stonehorse
09-09-2009, 21:42
I'm looking forward to running my clubs game, meeting up with some folks, looking at the up coming stuff, walking past John Blanche's so called artwork while laughing, and spending some credit card money.

I'll also enjoy getting in early and avoiding the ques. Should be a good one!

Edit,

I think Golden Daemon has been tainted by the size of the wooden plinths the models are on these days, sometimes it is hard to spot the lonely model at the top hanging on to the precipice.

Harry
09-09-2009, 22:36
I think Golden Daemon has been tainted by the size of the wooden plinths the models are on these days, sometimes it is hard to spot the lonely model at the top hanging on to the precipice.
Now that IS true. :D

puppetmaster24
09-09-2009, 22:47
the fact that this GD is the only time and and place i have a realistic chance of pulling a female.

but on a note that won't get me a warning from the mods. i am really am looking foward to the maga battles.

Schmapdi
10-09-2009, 03:23
I'll be excited if it has any real news or photos of upcoming releases. The two GDs that have passed since I've been aware of their existence were pretty ho-hum in that regards - but I hear the UK one is the "real" one.

Messiahnide
10-09-2009, 11:58
YEAH! The more the merrier! We need to keep the assumption that we Worcesterites are hardcore drinkers somehow!!! :D

BTW... Might I know who you are?? You regular enough at the local store? I'm there everyday after work.

maybe im not in there much atm because i left the hobby for a few years and still havnt got a full painted army as i sold my others when i quit before, i'll be getting the coach from the worcester store.

edit: and by the way i got long reddish hair and too many rings in my face if that rings a bell.

mrtn
10-09-2009, 21:48
I'll be excited if it has any real news or photos of upcoming releases. The two GDs that have passed since I've been aware of their existence were pretty ho-hum in that regards - but I hear the UK one is the "real" one.

Me too, I hope warseers bring their cameras, especially to the (hopefully) skaven stuff.

Lord Malorne
11-09-2009, 11:17
Are we allowed :angel:.

Son_of_Ithaka
11-09-2009, 12:52
the fact that this GD is the only time and and place i have a realistic chance of pulling a female.

There's females at Gamesday now?? :p

maybe im not in there much atm because i left the hobby for a few years and still havnt got a full painted army as i sold my others when i quit before, i'll be getting the coach from the worcester store.

edit: and by the way i got long reddish hair and too many rings in my face if that rings a bell.

I'll keep an eye out for you, I tend to always be at the painting table, with a short mohican stylee cut. Oh and I'm ruddy tall ta boot. If not I'll keep my eyes peeled on the 27th :D

Angry Lawyer
11-09-2009, 23:33
Never been to one before, so this year will be my first. Intrigued about the scrap daemon competition thing.

-Angry Lawyer