PDA

View Full Version : the new wood elves?

HaRdCoRe
10-05-2005, 07:33
hi guys im new and i want to get started with the new wood elves is their anyhting you can give me in discuisn on this if their is either email me or post here

P.S what should i do to start :)

Brother_Bethor
10-05-2005, 08:03
AFAIK, the new WE armybook is going to be released in September. The release is acompanied by lots of new miniatures (GW is changing almost all of the minis from thier WE range).

EDIT: added signature :D

HaRdCoRe
10-05-2005, 09:06
when all this gonna be released november casue i wna save and get the 400 buck set?

:confused:

Brother_Bethor
10-05-2005, 09:14
The release is going ot be spread over several months. After all, they have to write about something in WD, haven't they?
And there will be some WE battalion or army deal... :)

Delicious Soy
10-05-2005, 10:25
Actually, there will probably be both. IIRC they should have enough plastic sets to warrant a battalion.

Moi
10-05-2005, 21:41
I have it confirmed from the GW representative to our local store that WE are coming out on august with an army deal and a battalion (don't know the exact dates for those, though). The army deal usually comes out a month before the army book, but you get the book in the box so it would be a good buy, unless the stuff in the box sucks.

I've also seen this awesome great weapon hero WE. It was pro-painted. It was awesome. I've also seen those "treekins" (lémures in french, but the GW guy wasn't even sure how they would be called in the book).

must... resist.... can't ... resist.... must... play.... wood elves ... argh!!

Maelstrom
10-05-2005, 22:27
Its useless, give in to the urge!

HaRdCoRe
11-05-2005, 10:07
wdf august i was told nov in GW oh im a austrlian would there be a difernce?
casue i wna get the 400 set to start they only out for few days until stocks sold so? any real date for aussies? :confused:

Moi
11-05-2005, 12:13
Sorry, only got the date for Canada. I don't know if GW releases are done at the same time on the international level. Does someone knows about this?

Drabant
11-05-2005, 12:41
Well, French GW says 20th of July for the army deal. It would be strange if GW UK had it later, but considering how GW France seem to have much better customer care than GW UK I would not be too surprised.

Uber_Kosh
18-05-2005, 12:01
Like most things it'll be a universal release (except for US (maybe?) as they get some things later than the rest of the world). The GW official stuff is July, August and September.

I'm in Oz too, and the first release will be the $400 box set. Looks to be a rip-off though. At the price things'll go for, you'll waste about $40. A week after the $400 box, will be the Army book, and core regiment boxes. A few weeks/months later will be some special and maybe rare. A few weeks/a month after that will see everything finally released.

(This is all following their standard release set-up.)

Kosh.