PDA

View Full Version : ETA on the availability of GW Spraygun propellant in Canada?

IG_Airborne_Ranger
01-09-2009, 22:34
Anyone have any idea when the official GW Spraygun propellant will be available in Canada?

Ravenous
01-09-2009, 22:42
GWs just switched to using badger air, which is the same thing GW will sell you with a different label and $5 more.

And to be honest the canned air is pretty terrible, just go out to canadian tire and get a compressor and out to deserres and get a badger 1/4" adaptor.

AFK in Life
01-09-2009, 22:56
I was able to bits order some a while ago, a few weeks, maybe a month. The manager mentioned they can't stock it in store cause of labeling issues, but they can bits order it in.

Ravenous
02-09-2009, 00:19
Yeah I wouldnt even bother doing that DeSerres sells a can that is 50% bigger for $3 more. Basically go to any art store in the airbrushing section and look for canned air, its the same thing.

The GW airbrush is the badger basic spraygun but with a different housing and a higher price tag.

Mannimarco
02-09-2009, 01:16
once again, with the "GW" image on it you can jack the price right up, theres superior spray guns out there and air is air

IG_Airborne_Ranger
02-09-2009, 01:53
GWs just switched to using badger air, which is the same thing GW will sell you with a different label and $5 more.

And to be honest the canned air is pretty terrible, just go out to canadian tire and get a compressor and out to deserres and get a badger 1/4" adaptor.

In what section of Canadian Tire would I be able to find propellant?

IG_Airborne_Ranger
02-09-2009, 01:54
I was able to bits order some a while ago, a few weeks, maybe a month. The manager mentioned they can't stock it in store cause of labeling issues, but they can bits order it in.

Labelling issues?? You mean the whole French/English bi-lingual crap??

Ravenous
02-09-2009, 04:56
In what section of Canadian Tire would I be able to find propellant?

A small air compressor you can get from Canadian Tire for $60 just make sure its oil less.

DeSerres is an art store and they will have huge cans of air for $21. What part of Canada are you in? I can name off a huge list if you are in the Toronto area of places to go.

AFK in Life
02-09-2009, 18:45
Labelling issues?? You mean the whole French/English bi-lingual crap??

I think that is part of it, but also like appropriate safety, caution warning for Canada vs US.

I bought 1 can to test out my air brush I have, some cheap non-gw one :), but after that I will go the route Ravenous mentions, cost wise it makes sense really fast, just a bit louder with the small tank air compressors constantly refilling. But then if you read the can of air, its fully of toxic stuff your supposed to only use outside anyways.

RevEv
06-09-2009, 21:55
Don't bother with canned air - it is so frustrating to use.

I've just bought a compressor and it is so much easier. Not certain where to get one in Canada though, although it will probably be far easier than here, in the UK.

13-09-2009, 02:26
if you live in canada, you can get it at Michaels, the craft store, just go to any hobby store really get it cheaper than at GW