View Full Version : drawings of mine

Rogue-Angel
12-01-2006, 19:25
here's some thingies I did... not the greatest, but hey ^_^

http://uk.geocities.com/marijn_hoogeland/art/farseerweb.jpg
http://uk.geocities.com/marijn_hoogeland/art/termieweb.jpg

Hideous Loon
12-01-2006, 20:35
They look fairly nice, definitely better than I will ever accomplish. There's the issue, however, of Terminators not having the physique to fit into their armour. It's not your fault, it's just... annoying.

Pillx
13-01-2006, 02:44
Fairly confident lines. Biggest problem I see is understanding of anatomy. Doing pretty well otherwise.

Rogue-Angel
13-01-2006, 08:41
I understand the anatomy well enough. It's just that I draw the things the way the miniatures are made. And the anatomy of a terminator is... well.. odd :)

Str10_hurts
13-01-2006, 10:32
haha.

More dutch blood on warseer is always good come check out the dutch warseer tread.

Groetjes Piers

Rogue-Angel
15-01-2006, 13:51
here's some more:

http://uk.geocities.com/marijn_hoogeland/art/bansheeweb.jpg
http://uk.geocities.com/marijn_hoogeland/art/avatarweb.jpg

Marty D
18-01-2006, 15:54
the first eldar pic reminds me of the star wars: clone wars animation

Rogue-Angel
19-01-2006, 10:19
well, it's obviously a howling banshee...

Hideous Loon
20-01-2006, 16:54
Ok, here comes my very harsh-sounding critique of your latest two paintings. You seem to have lost that lithe Eldar look that I loved with your Warlock, and instead made the Howling Banshee (and in particular her right arm) seem large. Look at that right arm. Not only does it look very much like a conform tube with added armourplates, but it's also a little bit inconsequent. All of the other joints between her armourplates (I stand corrected; her belly has the look too, but it only adds to the inconsequence) have no black undersuit, but her right upper arm has got it. However, all is not bad. She is in a great pose, and her hair, her cloth and her runes ared wonderful.

As for the Avatar, I have similar issues, in particular his left shoulder. It isn't very defined to me. And his sword looks a bit too flat. But the rest of him is just dandy.

Rogue-Angel
30-01-2006, 17:20
Ok, here comes my very harsh-sounding critique of your latest two paintings. You seem to have lost that lithe Eldar look that I loved with your Warlock, and instead made the Howling Banshee (and in particular her right arm) seem large. Look at that right arm. Not only does it look very much like a conform tube with added armourplates, but it's also a little bit inconsequent. All of the other joints between her armourplates (I stand corrected; her belly has the look too, but it only adds to the inconsequence) have no black undersuit, but her right upper arm has got it.

This is true. You are a hundred percent right. But this was the first time ever that I drew a banshee, and then only in 15 minutes. So little time to look at things like that. You are right about the big arm though, that's an error I spotted after I inked the thing...

As for the Avatar, I have similar issues, in particular his left shoulder. It isn't very defined to me. And his sword looks a bit too flat. But the rest of him is just dandy.
Again, you are right. But this is another first timer, done from some very unclear pics and again in short time. The sword is an issue I tried to fix before inking, but it only became worse. So I kept it this way...

speedygogo
03-02-2006, 05:26
I like the marine and sister forbidden love picture. Obviously the emperor was upset about the union so he killed the sister of battle causing her space marine lover to turn to chaos.

Rogue-Angel
06-02-2006, 09:00
Actually, it is a hot from a story I wrote for my DIY-chapter. They were on a mission to help evacuate a sister covent under heavy attack from Nurgle chaos marines. The canoness was to be extracted at all cost.However, she refused to leave the planet before the rest of her covent was safe. She got shot defending two injured sisters, and a squad of terminators found the three of them on that spot. Under covering fire of two assult cannons the three other terminators carried the sisters out of the firepit to the extraction site.