PDA

View Full Version : Clan Eshin special rules in warband games

adbower
12-01-2006, 19:28
The Clan Eshin special rule states that they get the 100 point bonus if they each enemy 'character' they kill.

In warband games, you must take a commander which can be a Hero type selection or a unit champion. The warband rules state that a commander "functions as the warband's General in all respects."

If the opponent takes a unit champion as his commander, and it is killed by the Eshin player, are the 100 points awarded?

Festus
12-01-2006, 19:44
Hi

Simple question: Is it a character you killed?

IIRC, the Champion still may not leave the unit and is restricted, so I say: No, you don't get the 100 points.

Greetings
Festus

adbower
12-01-2006, 19:51
IIRC, the Champion still may not leave the unit and is restricted, so I say: No, you don't get the 100 points.
You are correct, the unit champions must stay with their unit. I thought that by the reading of the rules, you wouldn't get the 100 points, but by the "spirit of the rules" you would.

Then again, that extra 100 points in a 500 point game is pretty overpowering.

Ganymede
13-01-2006, 06:20
champions are not characters, nuff said.

Griefbringer
13-01-2006, 14:37
Then again, that extra 100 points in a 500 point game is pretty overpowering.

If I were to play Clan Eshin list in such a small game, I would probably consider dropping that special rule - in such a small game, Eshin troops should be haveing advantages enough (and the enemy is unlikely to have lots of units with full rank bonus, except if fielding a goblin army).

Atrahasis
13-01-2006, 20:05
If I were to play Clan Eshin list in such a small game, I would probably consider dropping that special rule

We usually half the VPs for generals, standards, quarters and Eshin.

- in such a small game, Eshin troops should be haveing advantages enough (and the enemy is unlikely to have lots of units with full rank bonus, except if fielding a goblin army).

Or Skaven or Ogres or Beasts (ok, not full rank bonus, but near enough).