PDA

View Full Version : SKAVEN 1000pt army

Caeden
02-09-2009, 10:04
Ok guys...I know another new skaven list :eek:

I have taken time to look at other proposed lists and tried to come up with a balanced army. My friend is putting together a Chaos Warrior army which I will see a lot of time on the field with. Any suggestions?

Chieftain
Light armour
Enchanted shield
Bands of Power

Warlock Engineer
UWEC
Warp-blades
Dispel scroll

24 Clanrats
Musician
Standard Bearer
Ratling gun

24 Clanrats
Musician
Standard Bearer
Ratling gun

20 Slaves
Musician

20 Slaves
Musician

5 Gutter Runners
Poisoned weapons
Tunneling

20 Plague Monks
Additional hand weapon

Warp-Lightning Cannon

AussieSocks
02-09-2009, 11:43
edit your post man, remove points costs.

good, all round, fun looking list.
well done

you should do well with it man

Caeden
02-09-2009, 20:54
Thanks. Hopefully it will handle most of what peeps through at it.

Chaseyboy1er
06-09-2009, 17:06
it's off to a good start. I would suggest adding one slave to every unit of them so it would be units of 21 instead. I say this so that 6 would need to die to cause a panic. I would also suggest trying to get in a second warlock. they really come in handy. and give him storm daemon. also, upgrade your warlocks with everything except the pistol. that means that they will get to throw 3 dice at the second level warp lightning. and then you have storm daemon. and give clan rat units champions. people may say that it's too many points for an extra attack. but they're there to deny combat resolution. when you get challenged, you accept with your unit champion so that your characters can attack.

but i like the list already, don't get me wrong. it's very similar to what i would run.

Caeden
07-09-2009, 07:17
I have refined my list a touch. I added a champion to my clanrats (for challenges), added heavy armor to my chieftain, and added slings to my gutter runners effectively making them scouts ( I figured I would be facing WoC a lot and dont really see him throwing any war machines out there at 1000pts, instead of the tunneling option) To spare up some points I had to lose the bands of power off my chieftain. If I move my slaves to 21 instead that puts me at 1001 pts...ok against my buds I guess:)

Chieftain
Heavy armour
Enchanted shield

Warlock Engineer
UWEC
Warp-blades
Dispel scroll

24 Clanrats
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
Ratling gun

24 Clanrats
Musician
Standard Bearer
Ratling gun

20 Slaves
Musician

20 Slaves
Musician

5 Gutter Runners
Poisoned weapons
Slings

20 Plague Monks
Additional hand weapon

Warp-Lightning Cannon

Should be fun...I hope:)

Ward.
07-09-2009, 07:27
You kinda need thicker clanrat units, 24 just isn't enough to handle some of the heavy hitting character filled units long enough for you to get a flanking.

I personally run them at 30, PMs also pretty much need the Banner of burning hatred to be worthwhile.
If you're looking to make the list more competitive I'd
-Drop the plaguemonks for another unit of clanrats + extra models in the other clanrat units.
-Then loose the gutter runners for 2 units of night runners or 1 unit of PWGs and 5 night runners.

If you really want to use plaguemonks you should drop the cannon and get a unit of censor bearers to back them up.

gerrymander61
08-09-2009, 03:24
Gutter runners aren't hurty enough to be a serious worry to WoC. Try using single packs of giant rats or small units of night runners to flank the enemy with. Also, with only one warlock, a storm daemon will go a long way towards your spells being able to cut down warriors.

Oh, and normally, I find 2 ratling guns to be quite a liability and not that effective, but since it's WoC and they really can't get to your guns it should be alright. I'd still suggest dropping one because imo, 2 is overkill.