PDA

View Full Version : Active gaming clubs or groups in Toronto

evcameron
02-09-2009, 20:33
I am a long time player getting back into the hobby but I'm finding with the closing of GW Canada it is much harder to find games or tournies (except of course with the 15 year olds at the GW store).

Does anyone know of any good gaming groups in or around Toronto. Campaigns are great but I'm just looking for any games.

Thanks!

Orktavius
02-09-2009, 21:47
Did they actually close any buildings? I thought they just rolled the GW Canada HQ into the GW US HQ and called it GW north america....none of the stores should be gone :-/

itcamefromthedeep
02-09-2009, 22:31
Do you have something against the GW at Yonge and Lawrence?

evcameron
03-09-2009, 00:31
I don't believe they've closed any stores, but I've generally found that the crowd at the GW stores are quite young. Nothing against younger players (after all, I was one myself at one point) but I'd prefer to play most of my games against people 20+.

Never been to the Yonge and Lawrence store, it wasn't open when I used to play. Do they have a good gaming night?

electricwolf
03-09-2009, 00:41
I have to agree there are not many places to play in or near toronto. They closed down the oakville bunker which only leaves the independants and the other GW stores which quite frankly are to small. The yonge and Lawrence store is ok but with them playing tournaments and contests there alot it doesn't leave many places to play.

There are some independants but they don't really have the space to play alot of games.

evcameron
03-09-2009, 01:36
Did they actually close any buildings? I thought they just rolled the GW Canada HQ into the GW US HQ and called it GW north america....none of the stores should be gone :-/

Sorry, what I meant was that the website doesn't list tournies and clubs the way the old Canada only website.

itcamefromthedeep
03-09-2009, 03:50
I'll actually be at Yonge and Lawrence tomorrow for 40k veteran's night. I don't mind the crowd. There are kids there in the afternoon, but once the evening gets on the staff gives the tables to the middle-agers (20-35ish) who make up the bulk of the crowd on a Thursday.

evcameron
03-09-2009, 19:58
Thanks for the info on the yonge and Lawrence store. I won't be able to make it tonight as I'm still finishing up my painting, but I'll keep that in mind. How many points do you typically play at the store?

itcamefromthedeep
04-09-2009, 05:18
1500 is by far the most common.