PDA

View Full Version : games workshop returns policy? do they have one

silverstone08
03-09-2009, 00:08
hi guys
so i brought a sky shield landing platform and wells its defective the model does nt want to work. ok so i glued the pad togehter and the legs then set about the walls and glued hthem i thopught and left it for the afternoon then came back to it to find that the second i tried to move the panel all bar a few fell to pieces. i have tried rebuilding the model so much the glue is so thick now i want to return it because ofcourse the model is not as listed it does not work in so far as a modle can be.
would i be able to retyrn the sky shield and if not what the hell do i do?

GirathonB
03-09-2009, 00:55
It sounds like the model is not defective and you just sucked at putting it together. Good luck at trying to return it. I doubt they'll take it for your reason. I recommend scraping off the glue, and using plastic glue rather then super glue. If there truely is a defect, such as a missing part or a badly miscast model, GW in my experience is excellent at that type of customer service, unless the model is OOP of course.

RevEv
03-09-2009, 01:11
GWS have one of the best returns policies that I have encountered - if the model is faulty they will replace it and may even give you the original model as well.

In your case, however, I would say that your inexperience of putting a big model together is at fault therefore GWS will not accept liability for a faulty model. On the other hand they may, if you ask at the right time in store (ie when they are not too busy), give you some assistance in rectifying the situation you find yourself in by offering a tutorial.

zedeyejoe
03-09-2009, 08:51
I agree, a store might be able to help you out with this project gone wrong. I hope that you were not trying to use Superglue.

Lord Malorne
03-09-2009, 09:06
I have just finished one (link in sig) and it came together perfectly, by the sounds of it and to quote another member:

It sounds like the model is not defective and you just sucked at putting it together. Good luck at trying to return it.

squilverine
03-09-2009, 10:42
Take it into your local GWS and ask them for a hand putting it together, if it is faulty they will see this and replace it, if not you will have a model put together by "experts" which should last for a very long time.

Either way you can't loose.

Kinsley
06-09-2009, 04:58
From what I gathered your having trouble with the defensive walls if so try filing and/or scraping the inside of the bar where it clips on.

When I put mine together I had a similar problem where every time I folded the walls they would get caught on a small mold line and pop off so I just took a knife and scraped them down so there was nothing to catch on and they worked like a charm!

Now failing that I say take it to a GW and they should help you fix it.

xowainx
06-09-2009, 09:00
From what I gathered your having trouble with the defensive walls if so try filing and/or scraping the inside of the bar where it clips on.

When I put mine together I had a similar problem where every time I folded the walls they would get caught on a small mold line and pop off so I just took a knife and scraped them down so there was nothing to catch on and they worked like a charm!

Now failing that I say take it to a GW and they should help you fix it.

I had exactly the same issue, I barely noticed it on the first set of connections I did, it was more prominent on some of the others. Once I cleaned it up though it was fine and it works like a charm.

Deamon-forge
06-09-2009, 18:42
i would say it was down to the superglue.

i had a box of orks once that i got instore open ed store rdy to get to work on them and was like hmm this ork arm is a little weired it was way miscast, told a staff member and he just said wait here and got me a 2nd box opend it infront of me and said here you go to the full box, i went to hand over the other box and he said keep it.

also bit of topic, a local indie i get stuff from had a few returned i brought them as they weree cheap as all she was going to do was send back to GW to go into a bin? so is it true GW just bin miscast sprues ? or do they melt them back down?