PDA

View Full Version : What army should I play against?

zeekill
03-09-2009, 14:37
So we have a challenge board up in my local GWS and right now Im at the 1500 point level and have the choice of playing against Dwarfs or Dark Elves with my Lizardmen.

Sorry for the magic overload cheeze, I just had $20 to make my 1000 point list into a 1500 point list and so got a pack of 2 Skink Priests. My list goes a bit like this:
P.S. When I say PS/DS, that means I either take a Power Stone or a Dispel Scroll depending on the army I am playing (I left points out to switch it up so I usually end up playing a bit under points)

Lvl 2 Priest on EoTG, Plaque of Teopk, PS/DS
Lvl 2 Priest on foot with 2x PS/DS
Tetto'ecko

20x Saurus w/ Standard
20x Saurus w/ Standard
10x Skink Skirmishers
10x Skink Skirmishers

9 Power Dice
6 Dispel Dice
Scrolls and Power Stones vary

So im wondering if Ill be better off against a Dwarf player or a Dark Elves player. And add in any tactics I might need. Thanks.

P.P.S. If I go against Dwarfs Im giving it all power stones, if against Dark Elves Im having the Lvl 2 take 2 dispel scrolls and giving the Lvl 2 on EoTG a power stone just in case i need that spell off later on.

I want to add PLZ do NOT give me advice to change the list, this list is exactly the models that I own and I have no money to buy more at the moment. Thanks.

EndlessBug
03-09-2009, 15:41
I'd go Vs DEs, give both skinks a dispel scroll and the foot one the diadem of power in case they go magic heavy.

Can't recall which one Tett'ekko is, in either case I'd suggest a Scar Vet with the hide of the cold ones and a unit of 3 terradons to support instead.

N810
03-09-2009, 16:22
Not shure... How much terrain does your club usualy use...
hopefully you get some cover from all the shooting you will be facing against either army.
it might be a little easier against Dark Elves at this point level...

Deglosh
03-09-2009, 18:35
first of all you should play against everything hehehe :P
2nd, ure not an orc! :P yous a lizard

Ultimate Life Form
03-09-2009, 18:40
2nd, ure not an orc! :P yous a lizard

Exactly. So speaking as a revered Lizard general, my order is as follows: Destroy the NEW ONES!:p

undeadgoblin
03-09-2009, 19:34
Yeah I too would say DEs, skinks tear through their pour armour like a hot knife to butter!

Also, your magic will overwhelm them enough with 9 power dice, so take dispel scrolls, as Dark Elves can go VERY magic heavy.

zeekill
04-09-2009, 02:13

I know, and I do, I just gotta get up this challenge board so Im thinking which would I have a better chance against right now.

zerachiel
04-09-2009, 03:00
As most Dwarf armies are assumed to have at least 5 DD (pretty much everyone has a pet Runesmith with a Rune of Dispel Scroll or two), I'd say try your luck against Dark Elves.

Besides, Dwarven artillery is much more likely to wreck your EotG in one gory turn than anything the Dark Elves can throw at you, which will seriously upset your magic, which is your trump.

Necromancy Black
05-09-2009, 01:02
Tetto'ecko

No. God no. At 225 point this guy is not worth it. Yes, you can redeploy some units, and yes you get that thing were you cast Lore of Heaven spells with IF if it contains a double, but honestly neither are going to be that affective to justify his points.

Take a Scar-vet instead. Give that scar-vet the enchanted shield and light armour. If your fighting Dwarves take the Burning Blade of Chotec, if your fighting DE take the Sword of the Hornet.

That should give you an extra 100 something points. Use them to give those Saurus spears and deploy them 6 wide. Doing so gives you an extra 4 Str 4 attacks, and neither army is really going to like that. A unit champion for the Saurus is also a good idea to try and give some fodder to dwarf characters and assassins to attack instead of a preist or Scar-Vet in the unit.

Herminard
05-09-2009, 20:51
If you want to *win* with Lizards do not play magic heavy against Dark Elves. They trumph it with a shooty and/or close combat oriented army with the ring of hotek.

I see a hydra kill this army singlehandedly. It will just kill stuff dead and avoid your big blocks with ease. Sprinkle that with some cold one cav/chariots and they will be blown away too.

So, if you want to win; no. Plain and simple. If you want *experience*; sure. Just remember that you decided to fight a stone with that a scissor.