PDA

View Full Version : Escalation League Lizardmen

scoopdeta
03-09-2009, 20:53
Just started an escalation league for fantasy. Figured it would be a great time to start a new army, so figured I would go for it. I loved the new lizardmen models and the new book, so the choice was easy for me. I like the versatility of the Army, where as we can really dominate any phase of battle depending on the build. Entering week 2, we will be at 1250 for points. So here is my list:

skink Chief
dagger of sotek and cloak of feathers (in unit of scouts) 105

skink chief
skaven pelt banner (in unit of skinks with croxs) 85

skink chief
stegadon with war spear 340

24 skinks with 3 Kroxigors 307
full command

12 skink skirmishers
javelins and shields 94

12 skink skirmishers
javelins and shields 94

3 razordons 225

total 1250

I wanted something really fast that can out manuever most enemies. Don't think many people will have the killy stuff for the steg at this point...so hopefully he'll be able to dish it out. I'll march the big block right down the missle with the skinks flanking and the razors out in front of the block. The steg will take the other flank. I will try to kill characters with my skink chief with the cloak of feathers (hopefully surprise my opp). So my question is what do you all think on the build. Also, where would you take it next. We add 250 pts each week. So, what should I add as I go. I am not completely tied to the all skink army, but I like it so far. I know I really want a slann at some point. Well, let me know. Thanks.

Guard of Itza
03-09-2009, 21:02
You need to take a battle standard for the skink chief to take the skaven pelt banner. Frankly though all the chiefs except for the one on the steg are a waste. Switch to priests and suffle points to get the remaining chief on a ancient steg for the extra strength. Salies are better choice than razardons as they are better at panicking cheap infantry and take out armor saves for the rest of the stuff. An extra 250 gets you another regular steg.

Kayosiv
03-09-2009, 22:09
Neat Skink Force, here's what I'd say.

I never bother to upgrade to Javelins on Skirmisher skinks. If you want javalens, get ranked ones in units of 10, they are almost half the price. Skirmishing isn't worth 4 points a model imo.

As said, you have to make the skink chief a BsB to use the skavenpelt banner.

For your Skink chief with the dagger and cloak of feathers, get him a javelin and buy him armor. I'd recommend a ranged weapon on all of your skink chiefs for that matter.

If you want to stay a pure skink force, for your next 250 points I would either get some chameleon skinks, some terradon riders, or a unit of straight up just kroxigars.

scoopdeta
03-09-2009, 22:33
Yeah, tracking on the battle standard...not sure how I did that without even realizing it. Just going to have to find 25 points, probably from the skirmishers. Make one unit a ranked up unit like recommended. The deal with the one skink chief, with the cloak, is I want him to be a suicide bomber in a sense. I want the skinks to be able to charge in and him to challenge a unit champ or character. Hopefully he'll be able to deliver. He may die, but that why I kept him cheap. I appreciate the feedback. I am really considering some terradons or maybe another steg.

ScalySkin
06-09-2009, 22:14
I would recommend using the chief with the skavenpelt banner in a unit of saurus cavalry, you will get the extra attacks on the cold ones and the saurus to make full advantage of the banner. (you could also add the hunanchi totem to help them get off the charge) Just use some ranked skinks as a screen to prevent them from charging too soon. Although I love the mixed skink/krox unit, I think you would be better served with a tarpit of 15-18 saurus with spears, these guys can take a charge from anyone and usually end up winning. (I took a charge from 5 bloodcrushers once and wiped them out in a couple of turns) Personally I would find an engine of the gods with a lvl 2 priest on it much more useful than the chief with the warspear. Burning alignment is devasting! The only thing you need to remember is not to charge too early with the EoTGs, it will kill most things in one round of combat, but your priest is squishy, so you don't want it taking a charge. At this point level, I think one salamander would be all you need (they are much more useful than the razadons), if you can find room, a unit of 3 terradons would also be great. (they are very useful as mage/light cavalry/war machine hunters and good for march blocking and chasing down fleeing trooping) If you can find room, a scar vet on a cold one is a great addition to your saurus block to make it fear causing, give you the option of charging a vunerable target and also being a worthy opponent for any challenges.

A few suggestions for you to think about :)

RED9335
07-09-2009, 08:02
how can the chief be in a scout unit? I just started the lizardmen so forgive the ignorance.

ScalySkin
07-09-2009, 10:59
Only chameleon skinks are scouts, skirmishers are not scouts anymore in the current rules.

Kroq9Gar
07-09-2009, 19:42
Hey, I have a 3,000 point army ready to take on heavy cavalry (after many battles against my brettonian brother, I know what it is like to be trampled on by heavy cavalry - he has about 4 units of cavalry) and it can pack a punch - even without temple guard!
Lord Mazdamundi, 620pts

Saurus Oldblood, 250pts
Blade of realities, Light armour, Enchanted shield.

Chakax, 335pts

Gor-Rok, 215pts

Skink Priest, 150pts
Level 2, 2 Dispel scrolls.

Skink Priest, 150pts

14 Saurus Warriors, 198pts
Full command, Spears.

10 Saurus Warriors,
Full command, Spears.

12 Skinks, 52pts
Full command.

12 Skink Skirmishers, 90pts
Brave.

2 Jungle Swarm Bases, 90pts

1 Jungle Swarm Base, 45pts

6 Chameleon Skinks, 78pts
Stalker.

3 Terradon Riders, 100pts
Brave.

8 Cold One Riders, 330pts
Full command.

2 Salamanders, 150pts

The 14 saurus with the oldblood, Chakax and Gor-Rok, with Mazdamundi have plenty of defence (Gor-Rok helping against charging cavalry) and plenty of offence, too. Like it?

Kroq9Gar
07-09-2009, 19:48
Hey, I have a 3,000 point army ready to take on heavy cavalry (after many battles against my brettonian brother, I know what it is like to be trampled on by heavy cavalry - he has about 4 units of cavalry) and it can pack a punch - even without temple guard!
Lord Mazdamundi, 620pts

Saurus Oldblood, 250pts
Blade of realities, Light armour, Enchanted shield.

Chakax, 335pts

Gor-Rok, 215pts

Skink Priest, 150pts

Skink Priest, 150pts

14 Saurus Warriors, 198pts
Full command, Spears.

10 Saurus Warriors,
Full command, Spears.

12 Skinks, 52pts
Full command.

12 Skink Skirmishers, 90pts
Brave.

2 Jungle Swarm Bases, 90pts

1 Jungle Swarm Base, 45pts

6 Chameleon Skinks, 78pts
Stalker.

3 Terradon Riders, 100pts
Brave.

8 Cold One Riders, 330pts
Full command.

2 Salamanders, 150pts

The 14 saurus with the oldblood, Chakax and Gor-Rok, with Mazdamundi have plenty of defence (Gor-Rok helping against charging cavalry) and plenty of offence, too. Like it?
Soory! Can't find a place for just armies - and i wouldnt go for a full skink no saurus army - personally i think your a fool. You may think it doesn't matter that they're not strong, but they normally get wiped out. DO NOT PLAY AGAINST BRETTONIANS WITH JUST SKINKS! They can't handle the cavalry.