PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on Imperial army, come on rules boffins!

ChesneySwoopingHawks
04-09-2009, 15:58
Hi, I am more of a painter than gamer but I can play 40k to an alright level it's only tank rules and odd little dirty codex specific paragraphs that confuse me. I want to start an Imperial army after reading the first 4 Horus Heresy books. I have some nicely painted Space Marines (tactical squad of 10, rhino) and am working on some guardsmen infantry (bought a few boxes of Cadians) I also like the look of some of the psykers, commissars, inquisitors and retinues. I don't really want any armour (tanks don't really do it for me) and I don't think I want grey knights or sisters of battle if possible. Is there a way my Space Marines and Imperial Guardsmen can be in the same legal army list?

Sorry if I am asking the bloody obvious or have posted this in the wrong part of the forum.

Cheers
Chesney

kurac
04-09-2009, 16:02
Space Marines and Imperial Guardsmen can't be in the same army....stupedest thing GW ever made.
I play with inducted Grey Knights, and use SM models...in game they feel like really tough marines!

ChesneySwoopingHawks
04-09-2009, 16:07
Is it possible to have a Daemonhunters army with Imperial Guardsmen as the troops choice? I should buy the codex really, shouldn't I. My nearest Geeks Wankshop is a trek though.

I know you can have inducted guardsmen in this army but are they rubbish? Would I be better off doing a guard army and just giving it an Inquisitorial theme. Lots of those electro-cherubs floating about and some elaborate command groups etc?

don_mondo
04-09-2009, 16:39
IMO, using an IG army with DaemonHunter allies works better than DH with inducted IG. You have the full range of IG options and a decent selection from C:DH.