PDA

View Full Version : GW giveaway. Did anyone here win?

Grimstonefire
04-09-2009, 16:54
A reminder
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=3300003a

People might know by now, so have you checked your emails recently?

Just asking as it would be fun to discuss the prize here.

Baggers
04-09-2009, 17:05
The only prize I am intrested in is the free 5k point army. I've been around the studio before and every release in the next year is not something I am that fussed about, unless it included Black Library and Forge World. Which it won't.

Inquisitor Gideon
04-09-2009, 18:23
oh! i have to admit i completely forgot about that. Don't worry though, i expect if anyone on here wins any of the prizes we'll find out soon enough;)

TheBigBadWolf
04-09-2009, 18:41
oh! i have to admit i completely forgot about that. Don't worry though, i expect if anyone on here wins any of the prizes we'll find out soon enough;)

Yep, if anyone wins from warseer we should find out pretty quick, but it will probably be some kids parents that buy space marines that picked out of the hat :p:D

BigBadBull
04-09-2009, 20:49
So far on most of the big forums no one has heard a peep that I've seen ,and many people have been asking.

GW will most likely post it on the web page or announce it at GD.

ctsteel
04-09-2009, 23:00
It says in the fine print that winners will be notified on or before the end of september, so there's nearly a whole month of time for them to decide yet.

ThousandPlateaus
05-09-2009, 12:18
I'd be gutted if I win first prize in that: a train trip to Nottingham and a night in a Travelodge isn't quite the same thing as 5k worth of Sisters...

Brandir
05-09-2009, 14:06
The prize draw, which I have entered in hope, is world-wide.

GW post out to subscribers some 55,000 copies of the UK WD each month. They claim some 750,000 regular players world wide. Warseer is the biggest GW related forum with some 58,000 members, 11,000 of which are considered 'Active'. B&C have 42,000 but don't say how many are active, Dakka Dakka 18,000 members.

It has been many years since I did stats - anyone care to tray and work out the chance of an active Warseer member winning?

As an aside, I did go through a period of entering lots of competitions - write-in and email only. Apparently many of these competitions, even national ones, don't have many entrants. I won a few prizes, such as an iPod, DVDs, computer peripherals and the odd £100 cheque. I consider the best prize I won was a copy of The Children of Húrin signed by Christopher Tolkien. The Wife reckons the best prize I ever won was a Dyson vacuum cleaner ......

jams86
05-09-2009, 14:25
i was told by a redshirt that it was only new registrations that would be entered into the draw and didn't think any more of it but i'm glad to see previously registered people have been included too :D

Mr.Rotty
05-09-2009, 15:42
I'd be gutted if I win first prize in that: a train trip to Nottingham and a night in a Travelodge isn't quite the same thing as 5k worth of Sisters...

Especially when you live 15 mins away:rolleyes:

stompy
05-09-2009, 19:47
I'd imagine someone on Warseer might win a store batallion, so we'll at least know when the draw has happened...

Grimtuff
05-09-2009, 21:12
The only prize I am intrested in is the free 5k point army. I've been around the studio before and every release in the next year is not something I am that fussed about, unless it included Black Library and Forge World. Which it won't.

You really think the studio tour would be something standard and they'll let you walk out empty handed? It would be like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Though I would insist on the flight. :p

Flying Toaster
05-09-2009, 21:31
Heh. It would be annoying if the top three winners were e-mails that were never checked. Then we would never know and GW would keep their money and get all this free publicity from everyone signing upto the website and GW staffers talking to customers as a result.

Ravenous
05-09-2009, 21:49
GW has until September 30th to announce them, my guess is its going to be nothing but Little Jimmy A.D.D's because every contest and campaign GW has ever run is rigged. Store run and Games day contests always favour kids.

Having said that winning 5000pts of DKoK infantry that will be sold on ebay shortly there after would be nice ;) I wouldnt mind having $3000 in my pocket.

ThousandPlateaus
05-09-2009, 21:50
You really think the studio tour would be something standard and they'll let you walk out empty handed? It would be like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Though I would insist on the flight. :p

Actually, you're right; that side of things I would love, and it'd be awesome to meet many of the staff (plsletmemeetjohnblanche...)

Baggers
05-09-2009, 22:29

Try 5 minutes away...

TimLeeson
05-09-2009, 23:32
im glad chances of winning are so slim, as i dont need/want any new models, certainly not anything new coming up next year, and being an agoraphobe I cannot travel either. A weird perspective maybe, but there ya go.

Grimstonefire
06-09-2009, 00:13
I must admit I would have preferred they'd split it 5 x 1000pts or even 50 x 100 pts (not part of a list). Not that I will win, but it would open up the odds of winning something a little.

Tarax
06-09-2009, 10:03
Last year, at the 30th birthday celebrations, GW held another prize draw/ticket raffle. We were all standing outside the store when the numbers were drawn from a box. Prizes were not always for the younger kids.

In the end, the person to the left of me won something, the person to the right of me won something, the person in front of me won something and yes... the person behind me won something. And I mean the person DIRECTLY to my left, right front and rear. :eek::cries:

Brandir
06-09-2009, 10:17
Oh yes, I remember now.

I won a one year subscription to WD a few years ago!

Charax
06-09-2009, 13:10
Oh yes, I remember now.

I won a one year subscription to WD a few years ago!

Me too. the "Person who brings the earliest issue of White Dwarf gets a free sub" competition?

Brandir
06-09-2009, 13:19
That was it - I brought issue 5. That was the first issue I possessed; the first issue that I purchased was 19. Did I cheat?

Charax
06-09-2009, 14:03
That was it - I brought issue 5. That was the first issue I possessed; the first issue that I purchased was 19. Did I cheat?

if you did, so did I - I brought in my Dad's copy of issue one. I only got the sub after pointing out nobody could possibly have brought in an issue earlier than 1, after WD carried the announcement that they'd given it to a guy who brought in 1-10 or something (the competition was for "earliest issue", not "greatest number of early issues")

spetswalshe
06-09-2009, 15:09
GW has until September 30th to announce them, my guess is its going to be nothing but Little Jimmy A.D.D's because every contest and campaign GW has ever run is rigged. Store run and Games day contests always favour kids.

How would they rig it to favour kids? Ring up your mum?

I won a copy of Shadow Of The Horned Rat for the Playstation from WD a long time ago, back when I was a kid. It was one of those send-in-a-postcard-and-if-we-pick-it-out-of-the-hat-you-win deals. I covered my postcard in crude drawings of orcs and goblins, and maintain that this is what won me the prize. If they ever hold a similar one, I'm going to do the exact same thing (and slip in a few photos of my old girlfriend to boot).

Roguebaron
06-09-2009, 15:44
I wouldn't say they're all rigged, I won BL's trivia comic contest a few years back which was ererything BL made or published for a year, It was REAL nice.

High Marshal Siegfried
06-09-2009, 16:44
I won a space ork spearhead and the art of warhammer book on a GW raffle once...only had 7 tickets. person next to me had 50 and didnt win anything :D Was on black reach day to...so i pretty much got a ork army there :)

Mattcrowther00
07-09-2009, 16:43
I've done pretty well in GW comps in the past! Back during the 30th Anv celebrations they had a raffle, one ticket for every £5 spent in store - I walked out with the top prize - the Apoc 10 Russ box! Not bad at all :D

de Selby
07-09-2009, 16:52

Having said that winning 5000pts of DKoK infantry that will be sold on ebay shortly there after would be nice ;) I wouldnt mind having $3000 in my pocket.

I would absolutely rather see little Jimmy win than someone who just picks the 5000 pt army with the greatest ebay value and pockets the cash. That is not the point of a fantastic prize like this.

badgeraddict
07-09-2009, 20:15
Am I crazy for thinking for hoping I win the 5000pt army to go nuts on a forces of evil SBG army? :)

Ravenous
07-09-2009, 21:33
I would absolutely rather see little Jimmy win than someone who just picks the 5000 pt army with the greatest ebay value and pockets the cash. That is not the point of a fantastic prize like this.

And thats why it'll be rigged.

BigRob
07-09-2009, 21:49
I won a copy of "The Fellowship of the Ring" for doing my gamesday customer survey. Had a phonecall from Che Webster and everything and my name was in white dwarf too :)

Schmapdi
07-09-2009, 23:05
And thats why it'll be rigged.

Cause nobody would enter their little brother, nephew, kid next door, etc...

I for one am hoping I win. I'd much rather I win than some snot-nosed kid or guy who's just going to Ebay everything. I think we should all work on rigging it for me somehow.

Hypaspist
07-09-2009, 23:59
Winning would be nice, but I'll have no complaints from any GW competition after the following...

t'was the 25th Anniversary of Warhammer day they had at the local store. Auctions, prizes etc they said.....

ah I'll go down and have a nose I thought.
Walked into the shop and thought... hmm what the hell I'll pick up some terminators.
meanwhile in the corner they were auctioning stuff off, and up came the big imperial city box. First and only bid at a fiver.
I don't have any terrain you know... hmmm
I'd pay £10 for that....
outbid me? how dare you! I'd still pay £30 for it.
no-one wants to go higher?
and I won.

Then,
because I had bought something over £50, yes it counted! (£100 quid box for £30 was none too shabby) I was entered into the free prize draw 1st prize a 25th Anniversary edition of the Warhammer Rulebook.....(and lots of other stuff as well)

4pm later that day I got a call from an excited blue shirt.

well you'll never guess what he said...
Lo and Behold copy 0865/2500 was mine!

<---- well chuffed!

RevEv
08-09-2009, 00:34
And I thought I did well on the 25th Anniversary give away.

The store I was at ran a painting competition to complete an army (well 2 Core, 1 rare, 1 special and a Lord) for which you would receive 25 raffle tickets for the raffle. I was the only person to complete and so, along with the tickets I'd got when buying the army, had about 40 tickets. As a result I was winning almost every other draw. In the end I was telling the manager to draw again to give someone else a chance. Still walked away with lots of SoB, lots of High Elf, and a few Orks - all my wife's armies unfortunately - and I was able to give the guy next to me, who was very disappointed not to win, some demons I'd won at the beginning.

Crazy Harborc
08-09-2009, 01:01
No big deal here.......no GW company store close enough to travel to and back from in one eight hour day...Might work in a 12 hour travel day. Anyway, it's not worth the trip to me.

THAT said good luck to everybody from Warseer winning a good prize.:D

spetswalshe
08-09-2009, 01:04
When I enter a raffle I generally get one ticket. Like how when I enter a competition I only enter once, or when I get a scratchcard I don't buy like seven and scratch them off with the edge of a betting slip.

I'm just sayin'.

Skraal2099
08-09-2009, 01:25
I once intered a GW prize raffle and I won 2nd prize. I wasn't a little kid.

On another note, can somebody please name an instance where they rigged a contest and/or how the could rig it?
I would like to know very much.

252nd Fire Dragoon
08-09-2009, 07:00
Aloha,
How the hell do I register? I am bad when it comes to finding stuff on the internet, so if anyone could tell me that would be great.

Ravenous
08-09-2009, 07:02
Aloha,
How the hell do I register? I am bad when it comes to finding stuff on the internet, so if anyone could tell me that would be great.

Its too late to enter the contest but just go to GWs website.

Orktavius
10-09-2009, 07:38
Eh.....couple years ago the local GW store had a WAAAAAAGH *you can guess what that involved* I won not only the prize draw but one of the WAAAAAGH's that day to....left with about $400 worth of product....I was 25 at the time :P kids don't always win.

Korras
10-09-2009, 07:49
I went to GW Amsterdam's 10 year anniversity. in the time up to it, you got credits for whatever you bought, with extra's for things like the Baneblade. those credits you got to spend on their old stock on the anniversity.

I went home with: a landspeeder. the metal Ork Nob set for my younger brother. a set of Citadel Hills. and plenty of bits.

they also were giving away Fantasy blisters when you bought something on the day itself. unfortunately, I don't play Fantasy, but I made some friends very happy with that.

also.. they had me enter into a pie-tasting competition. damn blueshirts. :p

Occulto
10-09-2009, 08:55
I once intered a GW prize raffle and I won 2nd prize. I wasn't a little kid.

On another note, can somebody please name an instance where they rigged a contest and/or how the could rig it?
I would like to know very much.

I suspect that's another one of those GW conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:

Skraal2099
10-09-2009, 21:02
Oh, ok. I thought that people were saying that because it had happened before.

Orktavius
11-09-2009, 02:17
no so much rigged but in some store events where you get a prize for being picked out of a crowd of like 40+ people all yelling WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH at the top of their freaking lungs and the prize goes to a young kid just getting into the hobby and you complain I have one word for you.

douchenozzle

Skraal2099
12-09-2009, 02:46
I can't understand how anyone would think of a contest as biased as a non blindfolded person picking someone out of the crowd. There are so many ways that could affect the outcome that it's not funny.

Ravenous
12-09-2009, 05:11
Yeah or watching two guys go through the entry tickets at games day and pulling out any that had written down more then 2 years in the hobby.

I dont care about the age of the person they give it to, its more that the person is just going to drop the hobby when he finds something better to do is more then a waste aka Little Jimmy A.D.D.

Skraal2099
12-09-2009, 14:29
That's bad. Have you actually seen this happen or did you hear a story about it?

Ravenous
12-09-2009, 15:49
Was running a table at games day around 5 or 6 years ago and watched the two guys that were drawing names seperating them between the garbage and draw box. This was also when the 13th black crusade was around and GW skewed the results. So yeah generally anytime you give GW info that can be ran through any sort of filter I question the fairness of the contest.

Orkavius Im sure will disagree.

Brandir
12-09-2009, 16:08
Was it in the UK? If so, GW will have to abide by the Gambling Act 2007. Any suspicions must first be raised with the organisers. If their answers fail to satisfy your questions then simply report your concerns to the Gambling Commission:

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/

Of course they may say it is not an issue as if falls outside the Act and is considered a 'Free Draw'.

Skraal2099
12-09-2009, 16:32
Was running a table at games day around 5 or 6 years ago and watched the two guys that were drawing names seperating them between the garbage and draw box. This was also when the 13th black crusade was around and GW skewed the results. So yeah generally anytime you give GW info that can be ran through any sort of filter I question the fairness of the contest.

If this is common practice then I'm surprised I haven't heard about it before.

Ravenous
13-09-2009, 17:06
If this is common practice then I'm surprised I haven't heard about it before.

Thats the thing is alot of the guys on here are saying that they have won items from GW so they can never possibly be wrong. But more often then not the give-aways are old stock. I came in 2nd place at a tourny and walked away with an old eldar battle force and a few things they had lying around. Its different when the prizes matter. Not everything they do is rigged but its really obvious when it is.

Thats a little different then skewing results, Ive seen many painting competitions go to kids just because they were kids, and IMO just giving them something for showing up isnt going to teach them to better themselves, its going to continue the trend of instant gratification. If you enter a contest it should be expected that everyone has a fair chance at it.

Its just a little too obvious with this contest though, there is no way in hell GW will give the 5000pt army to a guy that wrote down he has played for 15years and has a little of everything. Vets dont need a 5000pt army, and I know if I won I have a nice little 5000pt all infantry DKoK army that would be sold on ebay after I got it out of the box. I wouldnt mind the $2500 in my pocket over 5000pts of models that I really dont have a use for. This is exactly why it'll be filtered, hence rigged.

The trip to warhammer world is going to (hopefully) filter out everyone that lives on the same island, there is alot of guys here that are just a train ride away, and the idea of going there isnt as fantastic as it would be for me who has never been, but thinks the cost in going to England just for warhammer world would be absurd.

Really the only one that anyone can win is the new releases for a year. That actually could go to someone who plays all 3 systems.

Skraal2099
13-09-2009, 20:13
But that must be illegal then. Why make a contest that anyone can enter and then filter it so that only certain people can win? Isn't that discrimination?

LonelyPath
13-09-2009, 23:53
I have seen the odd GW competition rigged, but I have seen many played out honestly. In raffles I've only ever won 1 prize and it was worth it at the time, it was at a store opening (forget which one) and walked out with £100 of prizes (and we're talking early 90s here so it was alot of stuff), but I have had a "100th customer of the day" award at another opening and a "1st customer through the door" at another and walked off with some goodies.

If anyone remembers the "win your weight in products" contest from many many years back, I met the guy who won it (je was all grown up by this point) and he still had it all, still boxed and in blisters! He'd never used any of it so I managed to blag a few things off him like a couple of LR, Rhinos and 2 RTB01 boxes, heh.

Oh yes, I also won a paint a marine contest fomr the launch of 40k 2nd edition and got a box of plastic marines as well as a few other small prizes and a subscription years ago.

CasperTheGhost
17-09-2009, 16:07
Well I won something. I entered for the hell of it (5000pts why not) and anywho popped into the Local GW today and I'd won a battalion box set :).

Of course I don't really do the hobby now to be honest but I have people that do so I've picked up a Dark Eldar Battalion. It also seems I get a picture in White Dwarf (Windswept hair and all) and so I've asked for the caption "See people do collect Dark Eldar" :p

Anyone else win?

shaso_iceborn
17-09-2009, 16:16
well they still have to the end of September to announce so.......

badgeraddict
17-09-2009, 16:42
I've been entered but where to I find details about this giveaway on the GW UK website?

Bookwrak
17-09-2009, 17:47
Gee, I kinda hope a random GW e-mail pops up in my in-box. It'd be a hell of a birthday present.

(Ignoring of course that we're already getting late in the month and I'd have expected notice to already have gone out :p)

Ravenous
18-09-2009, 01:07
They have until the 30th apparently.

Schmapdi
18-09-2009, 01:41
Well I won something. I entered for the hell of it (5000pts why not) and anywho popped into the Local GW today and I'd won a battalion box set :).

Of course I don't really do the hobby now to be honest but I have people that do so I've picked up a Dark Eldar Battalion. It also seems I get a picture in White Dwarf (Windswept hair and all) and so I've asked for the caption "See people do collect Dark Eldar" :p

Anyone else win?

Did you get notified via email or anything? Or did you not find out until you went to the store?

CasperTheGhost
18-09-2009, 07:12
Did you get notified via email or anything? Or did you not find out until you went to the store?

I checked after I found out I had won and I hadn't recieved an e-mail. Maybe you only get on for the 5000pts or 1st prize?

EmperorNorton
18-09-2009, 07:48
I checked after I found out I had won and I hadn't recieved an e-mail. Maybe you only get on for the 5000pts or 1st prize?

Then how exactly did you find out/were you identified as the winner?

Brandir
18-09-2009, 08:46
And, as you are a GW winner, you are presumably a six year old who took up playing with Space Marines three weeks ago?

SneakyChris
18-09-2009, 11:30
Got my email today! Woot!

Skraal2099
18-09-2009, 11:54
What did you win?

Joewrightgm
18-09-2009, 15:53
I got a golden ticket!

Just kidding; I got an email identifying me as a winner for my local GW store; Free battalion or battle force. GW addiction . . . for . . . the . . . win.

kris.sherriff
18-09-2009, 16:30
I won a Battleforce/Battalion, now to go and pick it up/decide what I actualy want.

Kris

CasperTheGhost
18-09-2009, 16:33
Then how exactly did you find out/were you identified as the winner?

I was meeting my brother in Sutton (where my local GW is) and he rang me back up saying I needed to pop into Gamesworkshop as they needed to talk to me.

I have, however, recieved the E-mail today so I was just a bit earlier getting there is all.

And, as you are a GW winner, you are presumably a six year old who took up playing with Space Marines three weeks ago?

I've been doing the Hobby for about 11 years so no It was not yesteday. And if you read the whole post it will also say it was a Dark Eldar box set that I choose so the was a pointless post.

If you were trying to be cynical what would be the point as there wasn't much to justify it :rolleyes:

Bookwrak
18-09-2009, 17:25
I think he was taking a poke at Ravenous and his implications about rigged contests so only Timmy-new-kid gets the goodies, and that you're not the Timmy-new-kid type, are you?

spetswalshe
18-09-2009, 17:31
Man, that sucks. I totally deserved to win. I bet if I had entered my mum and my brother too I'd have come away with something.

Schmapdi
19-09-2009, 04:09
Wow a few winners here - lucky bunch. I guess my lack of email is a good indication I didn't win. *kicks rock*

Grats to all that did though. Lucky sods.

SneakyChris
20-09-2009, 22:27
I got a battle force from cheltenham. well am picking it up tomorrow.

scarletsquig
21-09-2009, 03:56
Good to see some warseer winners, congrats!

Skraal2099
21-09-2009, 11:47
Seconded. Congratulations!

JDM-32
21-09-2009, 12:56
i won a battle force from wellington,i chose lizardmen as i already have enough space marines and tyranids and they dont have any for lord of the rings so decided to get a fantasy army

reds8n
21-09-2009, 19:54
Gw have released a list of ( I assume) the battleforce winners here (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m480434a_Winners.pdf).

I don't think I'm that drunk yet..this is just European winners ....

...right ?

EmperorNorton
21-09-2009, 20:09
Only part of the European winners, it seems. The German stores are not listed for example.

Semi-interesting observation: About 10% of the winners listed seem to be female. I find that surprising.

t-tauri
21-09-2009, 20:45
About 10% of the winners listed seem to be female. I find that surprising. If the gamer is under 16 or so then it's likely to be a parent with the name on the account as they'll be the ones using the credit card to buy from GW direct. I'd guess some of those winners are mums and dads.

TheBigBadWolf
21-09-2009, 21:12
If the gamer is under 16 or so then it's likely to be a parent with the name on the account as they'll be the ones using the credit card to buy from GW direct. I'd guess some of those winners are mums and dads.

Either that or people got gf, friends to sign up aswell :angel:

Schmapdi
22-09-2009, 03:49
I wonder if todays list is indicative that they haven't selected all the winners yet? Has anyone seen any non-European winners yet?

Hivefleet Kara'don
22-09-2009, 21:38
Either that or people got gf, friends to sign up aswell :angel:

That would of coarse require the gamer to actually have a gf which we all know is just improbable. Much more likely that its a mum. ;)

reds8n
23-09-2009, 10:35
For our septic brethren :

Throughout August thousands of you took part in our games-workshop.com Prize Draw competition, and it's now time to announce the winners of the first part of that draw.

Every registered customer who put their Hobby Center down as "My Store" was eligible to win and below is the list of lucky winners in North America who can head down to their store and choose a Battleforce or Battalion of their choice. (Winners have been sent an e-mail with full instructions for collecting their prize.) Keep your eye on the website over the next few weeks to find out the grand prize winners and remember if your not registered not only are you missing out on competitions like this but also great features like the White Dwarf Archive, Wish List and Product Previews.

Games Workshop - 8th Street Greenwich Village - Stephen P
Games Workshop - Alamo - Michael B
Games Workshop - Alderwood Mall - Tylor P
Games Workshop - Arundel Mills - Josh V
Games Workshop - Bayshore - Benoit C
Games Workshop - Bloomingdale - Patrick S
Games Workshop - Carkeek Plaza - Tim C
Games Workshop - Chicago Bunker - Kyle C
Games Workshop - Chinook - David J
Games Workshop - Coles Crossing - Ben D
Games Workshop - Columbia Palace - Benjamin M
Games Workshop - Copperwood - Ben G
Games Workshop - Deer Grove - Connor F
Games Workshop - Devonshire - Victor V
Games Workshop - Echelon Village - Vincent S
Games Workshop - Empire Shopping Center - Trinh H
Games Workshop - Fair Oaks - James E
Games Workshop - Festival at Bel Air - Andrew M
Games Workshop - Forest Plaza - Jeff S
Games Workshop - Franklin Mills - Troy M
Games Workshop - Geneva Commons - Luke E
Games Workshop - Gig Harbor - Levi A
Games Workshop - Glen Burnie Bunker - Sandra P
Games Workshop - Glendale Galleria - Chris C
Games Workshop - Governors Square - Kenneth B
Games Workshop - Grapevine Mills - Derek R
Games Workshop - Great Lakes Crossing - Matthew B
Games Workshop - Halifax - Jeramy E
Games Workshop - Hampton Village - Andrew B
Games Workshop - Jennifer Square - Thomas R
Games Workshop - Katy Mills - Gabriel O
Games Workshop - Kent Station - Bob P
Games Workshop - Kingsway - Eric A
Games Workshop - Layton Plaza - Gavin S
Games Workshop - Los Angeles Bunker - Ben G
Games Workshop - Mall of Georgia - Mark E
Games Workshop - Mapleview - Jacob C
Games Workshop - Market at Town Center - Eric L
Games Workshop - Marysville - CJ E
Games Workshop - Metrotown - Allen H
Games Workshop - Montreal EC - Paul B
Games Workshop - Naperville - Chris P
Games Workshop - Oak Park - Eric B
Games Workshop - Oakridge - Daniel M
Games Workshop - Oakville - Cody R
Games Workshop - Olney Village - Erik B
Games Workshop - Orland Square - Tim F
Games Workshop - Oshawa - Lee S
Games Workshop - Paint Creek - Shaun G
Games Workshop - Park Royal - Sonny C
Games Workshop - Parkway Square - Barbara W
Games Workshop - Portola Plaza - Drew S
Games Workshop - Prairie Ridge - Josh H
Games Workshop - Preston Ridge - Jesse P
Games Workshop - Red Top Plaza - Harrison W
Games Workshop - Rice Village - Logan R
Games Workshop - Richmond - Sean S
Games Workshop - River Pointe - Tyler B
Games Workshop - Royal Oaks - Nathan F
Games Workshop - Santa Anita - Michael N
Games Workshop - Scarborough - Adam T
Games Workshop - Seattle Bunker - Kathy S
Games Workshop - Shorewood Commons - Brandon G
Games Workshop - Springfield Plaza - Bruno D
Games Workshop - Square One - Druv S
Games Workshop - Stoneridge Mall - Bret W
Games Workshop - Sugarland - John O
Games Workshop - Sunrise Village - Kenneth S
Games Workshop - Supermall 2 - Jonathan A
Games Workshop - Surrey - Daniel M
Games Workshop - Tacoma Place - John B
Games Workshop - The Avenue at White Marsh - Casey A
Games Workshop - The Block at Orange - Pat C
Games Workshop - The Gateway at Mountain Village - Blake D
Games Workshop - Town Mall of Westminster - Brandy V
Games Workshop - Vaughan Mills - Kyle N
Games Workshop - Victoria - Mike S
Games Workshop - Village Crossing - Alexander J
Games Workshop - West Edmonton - Jason L
Games Workshop - West Oaks II - Joe W
Games Workshop - White Oaks Mall - Matthew H
Games Workshop - Willowbrook Plaza - Caleb C
Games Workshop - Winnipeg - Nikolas B
Games Workshop - Woodfield - John G
Games Workshop - Yonge and Lawrence - Jason S
Games Workshop - Yorkridge - Malachi B

hereticdave
23-09-2009, 15:00
Septic eh....thanks mate ;)

Looks like i didn't win at Chinook :(

reds8n
23-09-2009, 15:17
Septic eh....thanks mate ;)

hey us 50+ states have to stick together. :angel:

shaso_iceborn
23-09-2009, 15:51
hey us 50+ states have to stick together. :angel:

yeah but the states with out a gw are screwed

Crazy Harborc
24-09-2009, 00:32
Um....but has GW started to open new/replacement stores in the USA again? The random closings in the USA sure won't help to raise the bottom line back out of the (sub)basement it's been in.

Ravenous
28-09-2009, 13:14
yeah but the states with out a gw are screwed

Its true, I was told that florida doesnt have a single GW store in the entire state but in the Toronto area there is like 4 within 30min.

Tarax
06-10-2009, 07:33
Does anyone know if the top 3 prizes have been drawn and who has won? I couldn't find any information on it.

I know I didn't win (yet). :cries:

reds8n
13-10-2009, 19:03
Who won what from where can now be read on the GW site here (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=4900034a).

Congrats to those who won.

Ravenous
13-10-2009, 19:05
lol that 9 year veteran looks awefully young.

I like how they put that part in there too just to spite me ;)

CasperTheGhost
13-10-2009, 19:56

I'm an 11 year 'veteran' and I bet you would say the same thing ;)

Lunar
13-10-2009, 20:15

I agree, but look at the 1st place winner! Makes me want to have a major facedesk moment. :cries:

"And a member of his family"... Pfft.

Grimstonefire
13-10-2009, 20:24
Good to see us Brits kept up our tradition of losing at everything.

Nice to see the winning ticket was already printed in french at his local store ready for him and his family to celebrate.

Lunar
13-10-2009, 20:33
Nice to see the winning ticket was already printed in french at his local store ready for him and his family to celebrate.

Was that a nudge towards saying it was fixed?

CasperTheGhost
13-10-2009, 20:44
No. I was printed in French as the pick the winner before the send the ticket or annoucer the winner ;)

Art Is Resistance
13-10-2009, 21:30
No. I was printed in French as the pick the winner before the send the ticket or annoucer the winner ;)

Whuh? Try as I might, this really doesn't make sense...?

In general, so because one of the minority of GW playing consumers who post on here didn't win, it's automatically fixed? And of course, a young guy couldn't obviously be a nine year player of the games could he?

Sheesh, just when you think Whineseer couldn't get any worse.... you really are plumbing the depths this time!

Ravenous
14-10-2009, 01:09
And 5000pts of Tau no less, ugh. Thats just a shame :P

OLIVERASO
14-10-2009, 07:26
French Ruleeeeeeez :D

CasperTheGhost
14-10-2009, 07:36
Whuh? Try as I might, this really doesn't make sense...?

In general, so because one of the minority of GW playing consumers who post on here didn't win, it's automatically fixed? And of course, a young guy couldn't obviously be a nine year player of the games could he?

Sheesh, just when you think Whineseer couldn't get any worse.... you really are plumbing the depths this time!

I think you might have misunderstood me. What I meant was the the reason the winning ticket was in French was becuase he name would be picked and then the ticket printed in French due him being the winner i.e not fixed.

And I also agree with you that a 9 year old veteran can look young. I'm a 11 year old 'veteran' (as stated above) and look like a 17 year old (as I am one :p)

Mahwell Skel
14-10-2009, 17:30
"Hopefully we can show you some more from the prize winners over the coming weeks, I for one want to see that 5000-point army list that Connor draws up."

He needs to check ebay to see whats selling well for Tau first...

The lad from Belfast looks terrified lol!

canucklhead
14-10-2009, 20:11
That's simply not possible, as nothing in Toronto is 30 minutes from anything else. It a bermuda triangle like phenomenon that everything in Toronto is a minimun one hour drive from anything else. Makes it a bleep to go to the corner store I bet.

Big kisses from Montreal, home of only one GW, in its adorable little walk in closet.

Schmapdi
14-10-2009, 22:11
The lad from Belfast looks terrified lol!

I noticed that too - none of the winners looked overly happy about it, some of them looked downright glum.

Ravenous
15-10-2009, 01:01
That's simply not possible, as nothing in Toronto is 30 minutes from anything else. It a bermuda triangle like phenomenon that everything in Toronto is a minimun one hour drive from anything else. Makes it a bleep to go to the corner store I bet.

Big kisses from Montreal, home of only one GW, in its adorable little walk in closet.

Vaughan to Lawerence store, Scarborough or Oakville(when it was open) is all 30 minutes away. Trusting its not in rush hour then you are looking at an hour ;)

Skraal2099
15-10-2009, 20:12
There is a store in Vaughan. It is in Vaughan Mills Mall. It is about a 15 minute drive from where I live.

Flying Toaster
15-10-2009, 20:18
Just had a quick look through and apparently 12 of the winners were girls.

Skraal2099
15-10-2009, 20:29
12 out of how many?

reds8n
15-10-2009, 20:37
Just had a quick look through and apparently 12 of the winners were girls.

..or perhaps mothers of those too young to have an email anyway eh ?

Duke Georgal
19-10-2009, 01:03
I could not find the previous Forum...

The third place winner (5,000 point army) is from right here in my town. His picture is in front of 2D10 Games, my FLGS of choice.

I came so close... Oh well, the last thing I need is another army.

Raka
19-10-2009, 02:55
Yay very good for him! He could go for an army of skavenslaves :)

t-tauri
19-10-2009, 10:25
I could not find the previous Forum..
11 threads down the page.

Merged to existing.

Duke Georgal
19-10-2009, 11:30
Wow, how ignorant of me.

I used the search forum tool for "winners", "prizes", "contest", and "drawing."

I scanned the forum, but missed it anyway.

Lord Malorne
19-10-2009, 11:45
Tau? Why the hell would he pick Tau!

Duke Georgal
20-10-2009, 00:37
He is an avid 40K player with, I believe, EVERY other army.

If I won I would pretty much have to pick Daemons for the same reason.

Ravenous
20-10-2009, 03:41
Unfortunate is what that is, golden oppurtunity to make some money and he throws it away. I would have been on 5000pts of DKoK infantry in a heart beat, an easy $3000 on ebay which is a hell of a lot more useful then 5000pts of models that will probably never see the light of day. Or just get mangled in a horrible paint job.

Wintertooth
20-10-2009, 11:29
Doesn't all that bitterness and misery ever start to get you down, Ravenous? God forbid anyone enjoy their hobby. There's money to be made!

Duke Georgal
20-10-2009, 23:34
Well, I can't say for certain, but I don't think he needs any money.

He is excited about the Tau army the way any winner should be. I'm glad somebody who seems to have really wanted the prize, not any $$$ it could make, won.

Besides, we already have two local players with DKOK armies. The only Tau player we had moved.

Ravenous
21-10-2009, 21:26
Doesn't all that bitterness and misery ever start to get you down, Ravenous? God forbid anyone enjoy their hobby. There's money to be made!

Never at all, it warms my black heart :D

There is a difference between enjoying your hobby and being an idiot for wasting a golden oppurtunity. Its like someone winning the lottery and spending it on catfood. Sure they can enjoy their money however they want but it doesnt make it any less of a bonehead move.

No one needs 5000pts of anything really, and every person that I know of that does; its in shambles and barely/badly painted if its even painted at all, All those models are going to sit and rot then get binned when the new codex comes out. The kid got 5000pts of Tau, who are up for a redo at some point and currently have a meh army. Go for the most expensive thing you can get, hell get as many reaver titans as possible that at least would be cool and worth the investment but he got Tau!

Guh I say.

Occulto
22-10-2009, 04:54
Go for the most expensive thing you can get, hell get as many reaver titans as possible that at least would be cool and worth the investment but he got Tau!

Do you honestly think they'd give away FW stuff? :eyebrows:

The rules said the list must be legal according to the relevant army book/codex. I don't see Reavers or DKoK specific gear in any of the 40K Codices.

You could submit your 5000 point IG list but if you think you'd get anything other than Cadians or Catachans, you're dreaming.

Tarax
22-10-2009, 07:49
I think that if you want a Hydra, Manticore or some other special unit/tank, they have to provide a FW-model as it's in the codex and doesn't have a GW-model for it.

I do agree that I like to see someone choosing an army for their own and not trying to get as much money as possible in the proceeds.

Duke Georgal
23-10-2009, 05:02
No one needs 5000pts of anything really, and every person that I know of that does; its in shambles and barely/badly painted if its even painted at all, All those models are going to sit and rot then get binned when the new codex comes out.

You need to make a trip down here and hang out with a real gaming group for a day!

I have 5,000 points of:

Bretonnia, Empire, Orcs, and Vampires. Then also Soviets and Germans in FOW! That is just the 5,000 and up stuff, and yes, it is all painted!

I am not unusual at all. We are an insane group of avid players.

5,000 points is good. It gives you lots of options.

Crazy Harborc
23-10-2009, 22:11
Duke Georgal......You sound like a "lifer" wargamer who has a lot of GW stuff....BUT very likely....as years/time goes by......"other makers minies" will be appearing in your collection.

I've got 4-5,000 points worth of the same as you listed. Points....heck....I am close to that many "total" minies. I've owned more than a total 5000!! Sold some to pay for new ones.

For me, myself and I....having minies to paint, new minies that is, "requires" buying more until I drop.;)