PDA

View Full Version : Two army lists

Skyth
04-09-2009, 19:07
This is what I am working towards (currently) for my Orcs and Goblines and my Dark Elves. Are these going to be effective lists, and will people hate me for using them? (I am Guessing the DE one is a bit on the strong side, but not quite to the nasty level)

DE:

Supreme Sorceress (Level 3, Lifetaker, Sacrificial Dagger, Pendant of Khaeleth)
Death Hag BSB w/Cauldron (Manbane, Rune of Khaine, Banner of ASF)
Master on Cold One (SDC, Shield, Sword of Might, Regenerate armor)
Assassin (Touch of Death, Rune of Khaine)

20 Corsairs (AHW, FC)
10 Repeater Crossbows (Musician)
18 Spear (FC)
15 Black Guard (FC, AP banner)
Cold One Chariot
5 Cold One Knights (FC, Standard of Slaughter, Ring of Hotek)
Hydra
Bolt Thrower

O&G:

Black Orc Warboss on Wyvern (HA, Sh, Best Basha, Collar of Zorga, Kickin' Boots)
Big Boss BSB w/Spirit Totem, LA
Night Goblin Shaman (Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin')
Big Boss on Boar (Sword of Might, Enchanted shield, LA)

20 Night Goblins w/bows. Muso, Banner, 1 Fanatic
20 Night Gobos w/spears, FC, Nets, 1 Fanatic
20 Orc Boyz, shields, FC
15 Orc Boyz, shields, FC
20 Black Orcs, shields, FC, Banner of Butchery
2x5 Spider Riders (Muso)
Orc Boar Chariot
Giant
2xSpear Chukkas
Doom Diver

D'Haran
04-09-2009, 20:48
Both lists look fairly solid, I wish you'd post them separately though mate.

With the DE list you went very magic heavy, I don't like magic heavy DE lists as I find the heros hard to make up their points. I might shy away from putting the ring in a support unit like the cold ones and keep it in say the BG or something that you know will last. Also I don't know if the corsairs are worth it... I always had trouble making up their points, might be that another spearmen unit would be better.

As for the greenskins, 20 is too small for a unit of night goblins as 5 models later they take a panic on ld 5 and run away, 30 is a perfect size for them. Also black orcs aren't worth their salt, they're just too dang expensive. Giants suck, I've never had one pay for itself to be honest, never. Sad only 2 chuckkas might be worth taking 4 to make sure you take down anything big, DD is cool but works better with 2 of them in an army, though pumpwagons are cheap and seriously under rated for what they do. Lastly read Waaagh magic, it's amazing while the non magic heros aren't that amazing.