PDA

View Full Version : Father of Blades

Kerrahn
05-09-2009, 01:51
I had a question related to the WoC magic weapon Father of Blades.

The wording is "Any 'to hit' rolls directed against the bearer that result in the roll of a '1' instead hit the attacking model".

So, my question is, does this also apply against any attack that requires a roll to hit, including Bladewind and missile attacks?

I figure it wouldn't work if the character is in a unit (even a unit with 5 or less models still alive), or on a monstrous mount or chariot because you roll to hit before determining if the attacks hit the character or the mount/unit/chariot, and therefore would only really matter against Hochland Longrifles, Hawk's Talon (the WE bow if I got the name wrong), the aforementioned Bladewind, and if the character is alone (or on a non-monstrous mount like a Juggernaught or Disk of Tzeentch).

And then that raises the question, if it does work against specifically targetting attacks like the Hochland Longrifle, I'm guessing a unit champion of Handgunners armed with one would suffer the hit, and could not pass it onto his unit?

Thanks in advance.

Dexter099
05-09-2009, 01:56
Yes, the father of blades does affect shooting attacks. I believe this was FAQed.

Necromancy Black
05-09-2009, 02:44
Read the WoC FAQ, the answer is in there.

Khorneflakes
05-09-2009, 06:13
perhaps they should rename it "the father of blades and bullets" then

Griefbringer
05-09-2009, 08:01
It is just that the chaos champion needs to have incredible Jedi skills in parrying bolts and bullets before he is allowed access to this weapon.

The Red Scourge
05-09-2009, 11:20
Exactly.

How come people have a hard time accepting that a magic item allows a character to parry bullets.

We've got wizards farting fireballs, robot horses, scrawny dreadlords bouncing cannonballs on their heads and birdmen of alca-seltzer-ca-traz-or-something. I think the laws of physics are pretty strained already :). Funny thing is, if this had been placed in the talisman section, everyone would have just accepted it, and gone "nice little trinket there.." :)

Ganymede
05-09-2009, 18:36
Exactly.

How come people have a hard time accepting that a magic item allows a character to parry bullets.

We've got wizards farting fireballs, robot horses, scrawny dreadlords bouncing cannonballs on their heads and birdmen of alca-seltzer-ca-traz-or-something. I think the laws of physics are pretty strained already :). Funny thing is, if this had been placed in the talisman section, everyone would have just accepted it, and gone "nice little trinket there.." :)

There is such a thing as fidelity and coherence.

When people complain about these situations, they are not complaining because of a lack of realism. They are complaining because of a lack of fidelity and coherence.