PDA

View Full Version : ogre kingdom magic

kyinpie
05-09-2009, 08:55
i know that in 6th ed the power dice was put in a cummunal 'pool' in the same manner as current ed dispell 'pool'. however in the ogre kingdoms book it is written up to use this method, granted its a 6th ed book. the question i have is, do ogres produce power dice the same as other armies? or do the stick to producing a cummunal 'pool'?

it seemsto make sence to use a cummunal 'pool', as the miscast table result 2 says ".....and may not cast any more spells for the remainder of the game." which means he would still produce power dice and dispell dice as hes still a wizard, but just cant cast. so if its a cummunal 'pool', then that butchers dice would go in the pool, but if its not cummunal, then his dice are lost.

also fluff wise, result 1 and 4 are effecting all butchers on the field as if using a cummunal 'pool' and reading the fluff in the book, this would seem like the way to do it. at the moment i have been producing powerdice like other armies in 7th ed, but i though i should ask! :)

thanks ky

Necromancy Black
05-09-2009, 09:03
No pool for them. They produce powerdice like all other armies.

In the case of not being able to cast spells you still can use those dice to dispel RIP spells.

Bob the Butcher
06-09-2009, 14:41
So each Butcher gets 2 casting Dice as well as the 2 winds dice for the communal pool.

kyinpie
07-09-2009, 14:07
thanks guys. i still think it would be more fluffy if it did tho! :)

Necromancy Black
07-09-2009, 22:23
thanks guys. i still think it would be more fluffy if it did tho! :)

Their entire magic system does need a boost of some sort. It was never amazing but now days it's really sub-par.

kyinpie
08-09-2009, 23:33
thats true! i find that any spell i succesfully cast is then dispelled during the opponents turn anyway so it only tends to last one turn! :S the +1T and stubborn is mostly useless, when you use a unit to take the charge or in a 2nd round of combat the enemy just dispells the spell in thier magic phase! ARGH!

personal i think the ogres needs an overhaul in general. the army is missing something. but its a fun army to use and any win is a real accomplishment! :D

sulla
08-09-2009, 23:41
Their entire magic system does need a boost of some sort. It was never amazing but now days it's really sub-par.Except against low-Ld armies like beasts, where spamming panic tests pretty much guarantees a win in my experience against them. Especially combined with the skullmantle.

Keller
09-09-2009, 12:41
Except against low-Ld armies like beasts, where spamming panic tests pretty much guarantees a win in my experience against them. Especially combined with the skullmantle.

Yeah. The Brahmir Statue is even worse for Beasts. Suddenly their already mediocre leadership is reduced by 3 for all tests caused by the bearer. Just nasty.