PDA

View Full Version : A Bretonnian 2000 Points Army: Comrade Chairman Heinrich Von Stahl's Red Guards

Awilla the Hun
05-09-2009, 11:51
Glorious Comrade Chairman Heinrich Von Stahl (Bretonnian Lord, with Virtue of Empathy, enchanted shield, Hammer of the Proletariat (sword of might), Book of Stahlist-Taalist Thought (Braid of Bordeleaux)= 165 He is, of course, the Comrade General

Comrade du Bois, Commissar for Magical Affairs (Damsel with Dispel Scroll, Level 2)= 130

Comrade Stephan Grunwald, Commissar for Warfare (Paladin with Virtue of Discipline, Speaking Trumpet with Book of Stahlist Thought (battle standard), Revolutionary Fanaticism (Grail Vow), Biting Blade, Barded Warhorse.)= 105

Comrade Hugh of Bampton, Commissar for Nationalities and Proletarian Affairs (Paladin with Virtue of Empathy, Shield, Questing Vow, Great Weapon.)= 94

Core Units

The Proletariat Leadership Committee (9 Knights of the Realm with Full Command)= 249

The Quenelles Red Guards Brigade (25 Red Guards (Men at Arms) with Full Command)= 152

The Quenelles Red Guards Commissariat (10 Peasant Bowmen, with braziers)= 65

The Gisoreaux Red Guards Brigade (25 Red Guards (Men at Arms) with Full Command)= 152

The Gisoreaux Red Guards Commissariat (10 Peasant Bowmen, with braziers)= 65

The Foreign Brigade (25 Foreign Volunteers, including men from the Empire, the Under Empire, Estalia, and even Tilea (Men at Arms) with Full Command)= 152

The Observers of the Foreign Brigade (10 Peasant Bowmen, with braziers)=65

Special Units

Comrade Commissar for Information Leonardt Bronstein, mounted on a Mobile Proletarian Information Centre (Grail Reliquae with a total of 13 Red Guards listening to his inspirational words)= 154

The 1st Military Commissariat (5 Yeomen)=75

The 2nd Military Commissariat (5 Yeomen)=75

The Communications Commissariat (3 Pegasus Knights who are full command)= 195

Rare

"No wall can withstand Revolutionary Thought. Or Trebuchets." (Trebuchet with artisan)=100

Total= 1993

-----

Comrades! Now that this list is nearing completion in model terms, I request tactics for its successful use in battle. With your gallant assistance, we may be able to secure victory for the Old World Proletariat against the vile Counter Revolutionaries that oppose them!

MasterSparks
05-09-2009, 13:45
What an army, and what a great theme! :)

I'm afraid that I can't really help you with any gameplay tips but in regards to the list itself there are a few changes I'd consider.

Firstly, you seem to be off on the points cost for your Lord and Battle Standard Bearer. According to my calculations, your proposed Lord will end up at 175 points and your Battle Standard Bearer at 120.

I'd also change the "Damsel"'s lvl 2 for an additional Dispel Scroll. A single lvl 2 Wizard will be hard pressed to get anything done, sadly. :(

I would hand out Shields and Musicians for your Mounted Yeomen. It'll increase their efficiency at a less-than-expensive cost. I would also drop the Artisan from the Trebuchet. The war machine already has 4 peasants to crew it, a fifth one won't make much of a difference.

Lastly I would probably drop the Standard Bearer upgrade from your Pegasus Knights, as their resilience isn't high enough to truly keep it safe. I would instead use those points to fill in the small points-errors that I seem to have found in your list.

Good luck with this ensemble. :)

Awilla the Hun
05-09-2009, 15:21
Thank you, Comrade!

Alcibiades
06-09-2009, 00:51
Curious, I've got the Lord at 165, just like Awilla. You don't have to pay twice for the Virtue of Empathy for the Lord, just on the second Paladin. (or vice versa, I guess, but you paid the doubled cost on Hugh).
Just like MasterSparks, I got 120 on the BSB. I think you might have forgotten to add in the cost of the warhorse, perhaps.

MasterSparks
06-09-2009, 07:24
Hmm. The Braid of Bordeleaux, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield and Virtue of Empathy (the first time around) together equals 65 points. At least according to my book, has there been any errata or other changes? Anyway, add to this the Lord's base cost and you'll get 175.

By the way Awilla, do let us know how this army fares if you plan to use it on the tabletop. :)

Awilla the Hun
06-09-2009, 19:34
I recalculated the Chairman. So richly endowed is he with the gifts of magic items, that he is worth 10 more points than before! Long live the revolution! Long live Comrade Von Stahl!

Question: Does the Braid of Bordeleaux mean that units within 12 inches of the general also get +1 leadership? And do Commissars (Knights vows units) get to pass on the general's leadership to models within 6 inches of them, but not 12 inches of the general? I got the item so as to boost the army's leadership for one critical turn so as I could muster some sort of counter attack to make the enemy fall. Fall, indeed, like capitalism!

(Thus far, using bits of this army, I have achieved a hard fought victory, a decisive loss, and a not quite finished game that I thought was swinging our way. Not bad for someone who hasn't done fantasy that much.)

And comrades, when the revolution is done and the counter revolutionaries are crushed, you will be thanked for your efforts! As fellow travellers, you will be welcomed to The Human People's Democratic Republic of Bretonnia. You shall be richly rewarded.

In heaven.

MasterSparks
06-09-2009, 21:00
Question: Does the Braid of Bordeleaux mean that units within 12 inches of the general also get +1 leadership? And do Commissars (Knights vows units) get to pass on the general's leadership to models within 6 inches of them, but not 12 inches of the general? I got the item so as to boost the army's leadership for one critical turn so as I could muster some sort of counter attack to make the enemy fall. Fall, indeed, like capitalism!

:D

I'd say that the Leadership that your general will pass on to units within 12'' of him will also be boosted, as the Big Rule Book does not say that the general's unmodified value is used. However, I'm also pretty sure that Knightly units will not pass on the increased leadership from the general to the peasants. Note that the general's leadership is only lent when the need to take a test requires and does not modify the unit's base leadership value.

neapolitan-guard
07-09-2009, 02:31
i very much like the theme of your army comrade!
good luck in your revolutionary battles.