PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk - Another Essay On Monsters And Marines

OutOfContext
05-09-2009, 18:37
'Lo everyone. So, with Space Hulk finally in my possession, I thought it was time for a(nother) new log.

I'm not going to waste time blabbering about how glorious Space Hulk is, but instead show you my first painted model (and first attempt at bright red in a long time).
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z112/benxm/Other/SDC11869.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z112/benxm/Other/SDC11870.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z112/benxm/Other/SDC11871.jpg

Curse my bad photography making the paintwork look so patchy :eyebrows:
Obviously, this will be a completely painting log as there's not much else involved.
Anyway, enjoy!

donuter
05-09-2009, 20:15
Ooooohh Very nice. whats he pointing at?

Ragsta
05-09-2009, 20:42
"Look! A cute little alien ran into that large, dark room down there! I want to go in after it and hug it!"

Beautifully done test piece, mate, now I want to start painting red things too!

Burnthem
06-09-2009, 00:24
"It was this tall! Honest!!"

Good work ;)

G.Hawke
06-09-2009, 12:15
yeah nice start context.... bet my space hulk looks cooler.

hawke

Tommygun
06-09-2009, 12:43

That's scary, I was going to say exactly the same thing word for word!

He does have that classic commander pose "You go that way while I stay back here where it's safe."

OutOfContext
06-09-2009, 12:53

"Look! A cute little alien ran into that large, dark room down there! I want to go in after it and hug it!"

Beautifully done test piece, mate, now I want to start painting red things too!

"It was this tall! Honest!!"

Good work ;)

That's scary, I was going to say exactly the same thing word for word!

He does have that classic commander pose "You go that way while I stay back here where it's safe."

I think he's saying 'B*tch be cool or I'll execute all of your motherf*ckers now!' :p

Sam Jack Space Hulk would be awesome.

yeah nice start context.... bet my space hulk looks cooler.

hawke

Not as cool as a game of Space Hulk with my Space Hulk in your Space Hulk. Savvy?

Cheers everyone, I didn't think this would be so well recieved.

Next time I'm gonna try my hand at some 'stealers. I've devised a new painting plan where I undercoat stuff when I can, then do half an hour or so of painting each night, rather than spending Saturday painting one batch. Should be a bit more productive and give me some more time for life and such.

If you like 'Space Hulk' then you might enjoy OOC's other log - 'What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse'.

donuter
06-09-2009, 14:56
Tommygun, Great minds think alike

OutOfContext
06-09-2009, 19:03
Hey everyone.
Forgot to post this after I came back from holiday. I found this on a wall on
the main road through Broadstairs in Kent, about 200 metres from an indie.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z112/benxm/Other/moto_0048.jpg

Fire Harte
06-09-2009, 19:19
That is cool...

and your space hulk models ain't half bad either! :p

Quite like it mate, although you need to take the pinkyness out of the white!

OutOfContext
06-09-2009, 19:27
That is cool...

and your space hulk models ain't half bad either! :p

Quite like it mate, although you need to take the pinkyness out of the white!

Cheers Harte :D

I can assure you the pinkiness is my photography. The white is Daz quality in real life :p

Also if anyone's interested, I've applied for a position (paid or unpaid) at the local indie (which happens to be Maelstrom Games) and should hopefully hear from them this week. If they need to see test pieces (should I even be offered anything that needs them :p), I'm thinking about bringing this guy along, as well as some of my VC. I might even take my Stompa along too.
So if any of your regulars think any of my stuff is worthy enough to show off, drop me a line with your suggestion :)

Ragsta
06-09-2009, 20:08
Blimey! That's some artwork you found, it must be a good omen for this project! Weird that nobody has defaced it, Kent must be lacking in scum.

Good luck with your application for that job, you chancer, may I suggest you bring a grey Ork along too? It can be an example of thinking outside the box plus you DID paint them nicely. But yes, definitely use that Termie as an example too.

OutOfContext
06-09-2009, 20:26
Blimey! That's some artwork you found, it must be a good omen for this project! Weird that nobody has defaced it, Kent must be lacking in scum.

Good luck with your application for that job, you chancer, may I suggest you bring a grey Ork along too? It can be an example of thinking outside the box plus you DID paint them nicely. But yes, definitely use that Termie as an example too.

I was amazed by it. Broadstairs is definately the best place I've stayed. Their indie is brilliant as well.

I've narrowed it down to these guys:

Space Hulk Termie (and Genestealer if I knock one up before)
My grey Ork warboss
One of my LotR heroes I did a while back
My ghouls or corpse cart for my VC
If I can get it down, my Stompa

That should prove enough variety for them. Of course, I haven't even sent my CV off yet :p

precinctomega
06-09-2009, 21:33
Maelstrom are great. I go there for 90% of my hobby stuff.

Good start on your SH termies. I'm still puzzling over exactly how I'm going to paint mine. I think Lamenters, possibly? Or perhaps Angels Sanguine...?

R.

OutOfContext
06-09-2009, 21:39
Maelstrom are great. I go there for 90% of my hobby stuff.

Good start on your SH termies. I'm still puzzling over exactly how I'm going to paint mine. I think Lamenters, possibly? Or perhaps Angels Sanguine...?

R.

They are bloody fantastic. Have you had visited their store yet? It rivals Warhammer World in greatness.

Cheers!
Angels Sanguine would look quite nice I reckon, omega.

Bah, I'm back to my wordy posts :eyebrows:
I'm too sociable for my own good.

Fire Harte
06-09-2009, 21:43
I have accessed your photobucket account bud, well the first look was disturbing...

Shall get back to you. :)

OutOfContext
06-09-2009, 21:49
I have accessed your photobucket account bud, well the first look was disturbing...

Shall get back to you. :)

This won't end well...

Jeez, I'd forgot how long I'd had this account. I should have cleaned it out ages ago.

PS: Which was your favourite image? Grinning fat kid? Fat camp guy? ;)

donuter
06-09-2009, 21:49
link me too this photoshop

Fire Harte
06-09-2009, 22:09
After looking through most of the pics I agree take those. And that teddybear... :evilgrin:

daemonkin
07-09-2009, 13:44
So the conclusion of your last essay was...

Nice work Context. Keep it up. I wanna see the Broodlord next. Any idea what colour scheme you're going for?

D.

OutOfContext
07-09-2009, 19:52
So the conclusion of your last essay was...

Nice work Context. Keep it up. I wanna see the Broodlord next. Any idea what colour scheme you're going for?

D.

To kick ass in the name of Jesus Christ.

Cheers daemonkin.
This colour...
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z112/benxm/Other/SDC11877.jpg

Not sure how happy I am with these. They were essentially speed painted and speed photographed. I guess they'll do considering 'stealers are too numerous for anyone to care. I've lightened the pic a bit, but I'll have to wait until there's some light to re-take them as you can hardly see anything.

And I think that will go down well, Harte :p

Shadow Fall
07-09-2009, 20:37
Hey everyone.
Forgot to post this after I came back from holiday. I found this on a wall on
the main road through Broadstairs in Kent, about 200 metres from an indie.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z112/benxm/Other/moto_0048.jpg

Bitch! i spotted it first but didnt get a pic... damn... i think i might of actually but ill hav to go find it but i saw it 1 or 2 years ago wen i went to broadstairs with my family, its near a shop called time and space where in the shop window there are like mini dioramas on CD rom bases!

all fun though but i think you might be stalking me but a just a few years behind me... rubs chin as if he had a goatee... interesting..

anyways did ya have fun there?

SF :chrome:

OutOfContext
07-09-2009, 20:44
Bitch! i spotted it first but didnt get a pic... damn... i think i might of actually but ill hav to go find it but i saw it 1 or 2 years ago wen i went to broadstairs with my family, its near a shop called time and space where in the shop window there are like mini dioramas on CD rom bases!

all fun though but i think you might be stalking me but a just a few years behind me... rubs chin as if he had a goatee... interesting..

anyways did ya have fun there?

SF :chrome:

Shadow, you have gone up in my estimation for going to Broadstairs and 'Time and Space'. Best indie ever.

It was the best holiday I've ever been on, cheers. Spent a fortune there.